Olay Regenerist Daily Regenerating Serum - Fragrance Free

3.8

Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Niacinamide, Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Panthenol, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-3, Tocopheryl Acetate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Allantoin, Cetyl Ricinleate, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, PEG-10 Dimethicone, PEG-100 Stearate, PEG-10 Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Metabisulfite, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Benzyl Acohol.

on 10/8/2011 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I've been using this product for several years and I think it does a good job. Not fantastic but good. Primarily I like it because it works for oily skin unlike most skin products. This serum will definitely not feel oily after application; it sinks in and is greaseless. It makes your skin appear smoother, more even textured and minimizes small wrinkles. It doesn't eliminate wrinkles however. It's not intended as a primer but I feel it does a pretty good job of setting up the skin for foundation application. For the good job it does, I think the price is ok.
My only beef about it is the packaging. The pump bottle is hopeless for travel since it has no cap on it. When I went to England this summer I had to wrap the bottle in plastic wrap and then put it in a tight plastic bag and hope the plane pressure wouldn't cause it to leak out.

on 9/22/2011 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

PLZ PLZ PLEASE READ, IT WILL BENEFIT OR ATLEAST REINFORCE KEY THINGS ON SKINCARE; NO MATTER IF UR INTERESTED IN THIS PRODUCT OR NOT. Again, THIS IS NOT A REVIEW of the Regenerist serum (yet) but a clarification. So after reading manyy of the top reviews on this product particularly; I realized alot of people are using it incorrectly & common myths on skincare exist in general.

(1) For starters, this is a serum, not a moisturizer, it will do nothing for giving hydration to your skin, instead it deposits nutrients. If you have oily skin & this adds sufficient moisture-great; however if you have normal/dry/need SPF you will most likely need a moisturizer in conjunction.

(2) And here's where most people get it wrong, this & any serum for the fact is always used BEFORE the moisturizer.Read the box. (If you use a toner then its-wash, toner, serum then moisturizer) Serums are targeted for deeper layers of skin & contain smaller molecules that must penetrate & absorb in (usually takes 5 mins) to give its full benefits.

(3) So although, this has dimethicone and gives that silky silicone smooth texture to skin, it doesn't really double up as a primer for makeup--unless your RE-applying it after the moisturizer OR using at night so no need of spf OR have oily skin so this is your moisturizer (for which I'm assuming/hoping your makeup has substantial spf).

(4) Lastly, another major misconception, SPF's do NOT combine. So using SPF15 moisturizer + SPF25 foundation does NOT=SPF40. **Additionally, the higher spf (in this case the foundation) is NOT the protection you get, the protection you do get is ONLY of the FIRST SPF containing product you put on your face--ALWAYS. That's why a moisturizer WITH spf is essential--because you need to generously apply ALL over your face, not just problem areas & then whats in your makeup does not give any extra blockage really---unless you skip straight to foundation & happen to cover every pore on your face.

Ofcourse spf is important ALL year round & the #s don't change the ingredients or make it more potent, it simply measures time--how long it takes to burn in the sun. Therefore, in a sense SPF 15 is enough for even the palest but because people don't apply as much or re-apply as is needed to be efficient, spf 30 is recommended by most dermatologists

FYI--Im a medical student but more importantly a serious devotee to taking good prevention steps & care of my skin. Also, I have only used this serum for a month so cannot give a complete review on the product yet. So far so good though, will update later.

on 9/6/2011 2:15:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is among the best serums I have to say. Not oily, very light on skin, and feagrance free. It leaves skin smooth and wrinkleless.

on 8/21/2011 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Thought I would try going the DS route and see how those products would work for me.
I like the slip and it doesn't add any shine to my face. At first it seemed harsh so I put less on. It does leave my skin smoother but not sure if it helps with lines and such. I really like the fragrance free aspect. Think I will try other products in the Olay line since the $ is reasonable enough.

I really liked this. I used to break out regularly, but after using this for a whole year, it didn't help or hurt my breakouts, but it wasn't supposed to. It felt very velvety and lovel going on my skin. I only wore it at night since I do have oily skin, and I had a dail moisturizer I was happy with. I used this moisturizer for a year and stopped once I moved to Germany. Now that I haven't been using it for several months, I'm noticing fine laugh lines, and a lot of general dryness around the outside of my face. I will be buying this again for night time use!!

on 7/5/2011 10:24:00 AM

I decided to try this product after several friends highly recommended it. During the first week, I started breaking out. I continued using the product for another month and the acne continued to get worse. I discontinued the product and began using another well-known brand and the acne immediately cleared up. I won't say that this product is a bad product because it works for a lot of people. I have extremely sensitive skin so I'm assuming that the product is simply too harsh for my skin type. But with that being said, I will never use this product again.

on 6/24/2011 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Good for an occasional primer under evening foundation but if I used this every day I broke out on my nose and chin. Great it's fragrance free and full of antioxidants but I will not be repurchasing.

on 6/22/2011 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this serum!! I have very sensitive acne prone skin which breaks out on my chin. This makes my skin smooth & hydrated...no break outs! I have noticed a difference in my complexion since using this product for a few months.

on 5/14/2011 9:03:00 AM

Love this stuff. Doesn't break me out at ALL (recently I think I've found that my DDF Ultra-Lite is...) and it makes my skin so smooth. It's not moisturizing enough for me on its own, so I use jojoba with it. I will repurchase whenever I finally run out. This tiny bottle just seems to last and last.

on 5/1/2011 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Great serum to consider if you have oily skin and need a boost to your skin care routine. The Regenerist Serum is chock full of niacinamide (vitamin B3), peptides, and antioxidants (green tea and vitamin E). This is a silicone-based serum so use only if your skin can handle silicones well (mine does). I was using this at night with Retin-A Micro to help combat flakes and dryness, but didn't find it hydrating enough. This serum did not break me out, either. I think I will finish the 1.7 ounce bottle I bought and try another antioxidant serum, but this is something I would definitely consider buying again. You can get a 3.4 ounce bottle of the fragrance free version at Costco for about $30, a real bargain.