August 2, 2014 | 1594 users online

Conditioner - LUSH - Jungle

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2011 2:37:00 AM More reviews by glareathon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Hazel

This conditioner is usually the only thing I use on my hair. I wash it about every four days, which does not involve shampoo and consists of scrubbing/massaging my scalp and roots really well with my fingertips under hot water, then applying conditioner to the ends. Leave in while I do other stuff in the shower, then rinse out only about halfway. Sometimes I repeat with R&B (the jasmine-y leave-in conditioner), also applied only to the ends and only rinsed out halfway, for extra moisture and yumsmell. Although I have curly/wavy hair that is prone to dryness, I find that I don't need to condition my roots because their natural oils aren't being stripped away by shampoo first. I LOVE the smell of this... SO fresh and sweet and almost herbal. AND the best packaging is no packaging!

It does take a little extra time in the shower because you gotta mash it up with warm water to get it to incorporate into your hair. It's totally worth it though. Giving it a 4 because I can't actually attest to its superiority over other conditioners in its effect on hair texture.... Makes my hair nice and soft, but so do a lot of other conditioners. Mostly I just like the smell and the format.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2011 11:15:00 PM More reviews by BlushingBarbie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I absolutly love this product! I have not seen many people talking about this product but when I went to Lush looking for a deep conditoner this is what the lady reccomended to me. This cost about $6-$7 and I can use it about 15-20 times before I run out of it. This makes my hair EXTREAMLY soft and smells amazing. How I use it is I cut a tiny piece of it off of the chunk and put it into my hair when I am in the shower after I am done shampooing, then after 10-15 minutes I rinse it out. When you are rinsing this out of your hair it just feels like any old conditoner but after your hair dries you hair feels SO moistureized and soft. The reson I olny gave this 4 lippies out of 5 is because it is kind of incovinent to have to work this up to a lather. It is also incovenient to have to cut off a piece every time you want to use it. Overall I would repurchase it and reccomend it. Thanks for reading and I hope this helps!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2011 10:47:00 AM More reviews by Sambalina82

The smell of this is amazing, just like I'd expect a tropical jungle to smell...greenery with a hint of fruit. However when using it, it can be very easy to use too much as its basically solid oils and you don't get that slippiness as from a liquid conditioner... But when you get the hang of using it the smell of your hair is to die for!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2011 12:36:00 PM More reviews by bondgirl8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Definitely unsure of how I feel about this product; it's my beauty enigma. The good: I actually really enjoy the smell, and like that it has staying power (I tend to wash my hair at night, every other day, but want it to smell freshly washed until time to wash again). This definitely did the trick. I get the smell of bananas and maybe a faint smell of patchouli?? (a scent which I normally abhor, but find pleasant in this context...maybe it's not patchouli after all...who knows). Regardless, this does have a strong scent, and it does linger, so if you're sensitive to perfume-y products, this is not one you want. However, having very long, slightly wavy, thick-ish hair, I need something that actually moisturizes and conditions, not just smells pretty. As others have said, in the shower, this is going to feel like it's doing nothing but making a tangled mess out of your hair. There is no slippery, silky feeling (read: no silicons); i.e., don't even TRY to get a comb or fingers through the ends of your hair until after the shower. This didn't do a lot to calm down any frizzies I get while letting my hair dry naturally, but it didn't make them any worse, and my hair felt reasonably moisturized once fully dry. I really like the idea of using natural products, minimizing waste; all that eco-conscious stuff. I like that this would be easy to travel with; throw it in a tin or a small paper bag, and you're all set. That being said, being a solid bar has it's downsides too. Using this will take time (I do what a lot of others do...scrape or break off some of the product, warm it in-between my hands, and then distribute throughout my hair.) I tried rubbing the bar directly on my hair, but it literally did NOTHING. I got frustrated with this at one point, and used it to shave with, with great success. Gave a nice slip to my legs, and I was left with super smooth skin, and no nicks. Definite plus for being a versatile product. I do think I will buy this again, for a few reasons: it lasts a long time, it's pretty cheap for the amount of product, it does double time as shave lotion, and it's all around interesting to use. I will, however, always have another type of conditioner around for when I'm in a hurry, or want the "classic" conditioned feel.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2011 10:08:00 PM More reviews by TwistedTrees

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought Godiva bar shampoo for travelling on a plane, and used it beforehand to see how it behaved and loved it. I thought I truly needed an added conditioner and ended up buying Jungle at the last minute. Within my travels and quick shower time, I was disappointed with this product, as I felt it was useless and just didn't have the time to fuss with it. It was unlike the shampoo, which had a reaction straight away on hair.

However, once I got home, I played with it a bit as per these reviews and was quite pleased. I soaked the cake in warm water and distributed the creamy mass, warming it up with my hands, in my fine, shoulder length hair. I had some knots and tangles at the end(but I do with any conditioner). I managed to comb through with a wide tooth comb, and put it up damp in a clip to wait and see.

The scent was quite intoxicating and addictive. Not overpowering, but you can smell freshness when your hair falls around you. My hair feels soft and smells amazing. I love my hair smelling clean and fresh and this did the trick.

As others have mentioned, it takes a bit of playing around with, which I didn't need on a time-consuming business trip, but all in all, the soft 'after-hair' and scent was a winner when I had time and now that I know how to use it. At first, I might as well have been rubbing a stone brick on my mane,

My recommendation for LUSH is to train staff how to sell this product, or have a small paper insert that is given out wrapped around the conditioner to tell us that this hard brick does have some qualities, and perhaps some tips and tricks on how it may work for you.

The scent is completey amazing!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2011 11:44:00 PM More reviews by radiantflux

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

First off: I love this because it is a solid and requires no packaging! I bought it originally to travel, with my Volume and Shine solid shampoo..... and I have found that I am glad I did. I wouldn't use it regularly- and I can definitely understand people thinking its too heavy- I mean, its shea butter based and how often are you putting that right on your hair? It is a little difficult to lather, but I am willing to give that a shot considering it is not in a plastic bottle, and I like doing my part to minimize plastic consumption.

However, that being said I have a really sensitive scalp that gets flakey/sore-- and I found while traveling that this helped that *so* much. My hair is fine and limp anyway so pretty much any conditioner/product is too heavy for it, so it didn't bother me one bit. I have found it is really important for me to use this at least once a week focusing on my scalp with it, and it has solved a lot of my scalp issues.

I picked this up because my good friend also swears by this stuff (and says it is the "best thing to tame black hair"). While I have the total opposite hair from her, the concept appealed to me and I think if it can work for both of us, then it truly is a great product.

Last note: you had better be using hot water otherwise there is no way you will be able to get anything off the bar (it definitely needs to melt a bit in your hands as you lather!)

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2011 1:07:00 AM More reviews by hersupernature

This really over-conditioned my hair - those of you with straight hair, you'll know the feeling when you blow-dry and your hair curls up and just won't flatten down no matter what you do.
Smells great, but the formula is pretty annoying. Tough to get off the bar, or use the bar in your hair itself.
I would pass on this, there are really better products out there.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/6/2011 12:09:00 AM More reviews by LameAssCatLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really had high hopes for this one.

I decided to give NEW shampoo bar a shot and knew after reading reviews that I was going to need a conditioner to follow. So I picked up a bar of Jungle.

I have fine, curly, color treated hair.

This stuff was SUCH a let down. It's impossible to get a good amount of product onto your hair. It doesn't matter if you roll the bar around in your hand then transfer it to your hair or rub the bar directly onto your hair. It didn't condition my hair at all and it left it feeling really raw.

In regards to the scent, I can only describe it as "Hippie". I walked around for a week smelling like a hippie. GAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

Not buying this one again... :(

rated 1 of 5 on 10/5/2011 9:32:00 AM More reviews by Michelle219

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have used this three times since purchasing. The first time I used too little, the second time too much, and the third time I used it as a pre-conditioner. I think it works best that way since itís too hard to wash out like a normal conditioner and I don't particularly care for the smell (too masculine). I purchased it because I read that avocado is a great moisturize for hair but I didn't know at the time that I could buy pure avocado oil from WF. I will use this up but after that I will buy avocado oil. I must say that my hair is super soft after using this overnight before washing my hair.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/3/2011 10:18:00 AM More reviews by stephee89

I was quite curious on how a bar conditioner works and i guess, after finding out, i am not too happy with the result. It's not like the usual creamy conditioner you can get at drugstores like loreal or tresemme where after rinsing off you'll feel your hair is smooth.

this bar doesn't work wonders for my hair that's wavy, slightly coarse, dry, frizzy and coloured.

the smell is pleasing at first but it doesn't smell better as you use.