LUSH Jungle

3.3

Cocoa Butter, Cetearyl Alcohol and Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Propylene Glycol, Avocado Extract, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Perfume, Soya Lecithin, Figs, Bananas, Passion Fruit, Kumquats, Kiwi Fruit, Cetrimonium Bromide, Ylang Ylang Oil, Vetivert Oil, Cypress Oil, Sandalwood Oil, Chlorophyll, Limonene, Linalool

This stuff is the worst conditioner.It didn't condition well at all and it's really hard to get good coverage with this stuff. Stick with one of Lush's cream conditioners.

on 2/13/2012 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I got a sample of this product with a Lush order and I didn't like it. It smelled weird and I couldn't get it to rub into my hair very well, so I was left with really dry, weird smelling hair. Wouldn't recommend.

on 2/9/2012 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I really want to have this product because it smells so good. I tried using it many times but to no avail, it doesn't work with my hair type. It makes my hair rougher instead of conditioning it. I have damaged and colored hair. Maybe that's the problem. But it smells so good.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This is my all-time favourite conditioner. I have straight and thin hair, which tangles easily and this conditioner softens the hair and makes combing it much easier.

I have also lended it to my boyfriend who has really long, thick and curly hair and for him it had the same effect.

I also really like the scent, it's very fruity and smells like a jungle.

Overall the thing that I like the most about this conditioner is how long it lasts! It easily lasts me through a year. I will definitely buy this conditioner again and again.

on 1/27/2012 12:07:00 AM

I am a lush addict, and love the shampoo bars so I decided to try the conditioner. I was not happy whatsoever. In order to use this conditioner I needed to wake up 10 minutes earlier to add it to my shower routine. I found it took so long to finally get it to lather in my hair, and I tried many techniques listed here. I rubbed the whole piece in my hand, broke off chunks, boiled a piece and threw it in a reusable bottle, nothing helped! I did really like the smell, but it didn't really moisturize or detangle. I've been using it as a shaving cream, and find that works a lot better than a hair conditioner! Would not repurchase.

on 12/14/2011 2:37:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

This conditioner is usually the only thing I use on my hair. I wash it about every four days, which does not involve shampoo and consists of scrubbing/massaging my scalp and roots really well with my fingertips under hot water, then applying conditioner to the ends. Leave in while I do other stuff in the shower, then rinse out only about halfway. Sometimes I repeat with R&B (the jasmine-y leave-in conditioner), also applied only to the ends and only rinsed out halfway, for extra moisture and yumsmell. Although I have curly/wavy hair that is prone to dryness, I find that I don't need to condition my roots because their natural oils aren't being stripped away by shampoo first. I LOVE the smell of this... SO fresh and sweet and almost herbal. AND the best packaging is no packaging!

It does take a little extra time in the shower because you gotta mash it up with warm water to get it to incorporate into your hair. It's totally worth it though. Giving it a 4 because I can't actually attest to its superiority over other conditioners in its effect on hair texture.... Makes my hair nice and soft, but so do a lot of other conditioners. Mostly I just like the smell and the format.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I absolutly love this product! I have not seen many people talking about this product but when I went to Lush looking for a deep conditoner this is what the lady reccomended to me. This cost about $6-$7 and I can use it about 15-20 times before I run out of it. This makes my hair EXTREAMLY soft and smells amazing. How I use it is I cut a tiny piece of it off of the chunk and put it into my hair when I am in the shower after I am done shampooing, then after 10-15 minutes I rinse it out. When you are rinsing this out of your hair it just feels like any old conditoner but after your hair dries you hair feels SO moistureized and soft. The reson I olny gave this 4 lippies out of 5 is because it is kind of incovinent to have to work this up to a lather. It is also incovenient to have to cut off a piece every time you want to use it. Overall I would repurchase it and reccomend it. Thanks for reading and I hope this helps!

on 12/2/2011 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

The smell of this is amazing, just like I'd expect a tropical jungle to smell...greenery with a hint of fruit. However when using it, it can be very easy to use too much as its basically solid oils and you don't get that slippiness as from a liquid conditioner... But when you get the hang of using it the smell of your hair is to die for!

on 11/9/2011 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Definitely unsure of how I feel about this product; it's my beauty enigma. The good: I actually really enjoy the smell, and like that it has staying power (I tend to wash my hair at night, every other day, but want it to smell freshly washed until time to wash again). This definitely did the trick. I get the smell of bananas and maybe a faint smell of patchouli?? (a scent which I normally abhor, but find pleasant in this context...maybe it's not patchouli after all...who knows). Regardless, this does have a strong scent, and it does linger, so if you're sensitive to perfume-y products, this is not one you want. However, having very long, slightly wavy, thick-ish hair, I need something that actually moisturizes and conditions, not just smells pretty. As others have said, in the shower, this is going to feel like it's doing nothing but making a tangled mess out of your hair. There is no slippery, silky feeling (read: no silicons); i.e., don't even TRY to get a comb or fingers through the ends of your hair until after the shower. This didn't do a lot to calm down any frizzies I get while letting my hair dry naturally, but it didn't make them any worse, and my hair felt reasonably moisturized once fully dry. I really like the idea of using natural products, minimizing waste; all that eco-conscious stuff. I like that this would be easy to travel with; throw it in a tin or a small paper bag, and you're all set. That being said, being a solid bar has it's downsides too. Using this will take time (I do what a lot of others do...scrape or break off some of the product, warm it in-between my hands, and then distribute throughout my hair.) I tried rubbing the bar directly on my hair, but it literally did NOTHING. I got frustrated with this at one point, and used it to shave with, with great success. Gave a nice slip to my legs, and I was left with super smooth skin, and no nicks. Definite plus for being a versatile product. I do think I will buy this again, for a few reasons: it lasts a long time, it's pretty cheap for the amount of product, it does double time as shave lotion, and it's all around interesting to use. I will, however, always have another type of conditioner around for when I'm in a hurry, or want the "classic" conditioned feel.

on 10/23/2011 10:08:00 PM

I bought Godiva bar shampoo for travelling on a plane, and used it beforehand to see how it behaved and loved it. I thought I truly needed an added conditioner and ended up buying Jungle at the last minute. Within my travels and quick shower time, I was disappointed with this product, as I felt it was useless and just didn't have the time to fuss with it. It was unlike the shampoo, which had a reaction straight away on hair.

However, once I got home, I played with it a bit as per these reviews and was quite pleased. I soaked the cake in warm water and distributed the creamy mass, warming it up with my hands, in my fine, shoulder length hair. I had some knots and tangles at the end(but I do with any conditioner). I managed to comb through with a wide tooth comb, and put it up damp in a clip to wait and see.

The scent was quite intoxicating and addictive. Not overpowering, but you can smell freshness when your hair falls around you. My hair feels soft and smells amazing. I love my hair smelling clean and fresh and this did the trick.

As others have mentioned, it takes a bit of playing around with, which I didn't need on a time-consuming business trip, but all in all, the soft 'after-hair' and scent was a winner when I had time and now that I know how to use it. At first, I might as well have been rubbing a stone brick on my mane,

My recommendation for LUSH is to train staff how to sell this product, or have a small paper insert that is given out wrapped around the conditioner to tell us that this hard brick does have some qualities, and perhaps some tips and tricks on how it may work for you.

The scent is completey amazing!

Top Rated LUSH Products