April 23, 2014 | 1501 users online

Conditioner - LUSH - Jungle

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2011 10:08:00 PM More reviews by TwistedTrees

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought Godiva bar shampoo for travelling on a plane, and used it beforehand to see how it behaved and loved it. I thought I truly needed an added conditioner and ended up buying Jungle at the last minute. Within my travels and quick shower time, I was disappointed with this product, as I felt it was useless and just didn't have the time to fuss with it. It was unlike the shampoo, which had a reaction straight away on hair.

However, once I got home, I played with it a bit as per these reviews and was quite pleased. I soaked the cake in warm water and distributed the creamy mass, warming it up with my hands, in my fine, shoulder length hair. I had some knots and tangles at the end(but I do with any conditioner). I managed to comb through with a wide tooth comb, and put it up damp in a clip to wait and see.

The scent was quite intoxicating and addictive. Not overpowering, but you can smell freshness when your hair falls around you. My hair feels soft and smells amazing. I love my hair smelling clean and fresh and this did the trick.

As others have mentioned, it takes a bit of playing around with, which I didn't need on a time-consuming business trip, but all in all, the soft 'after-hair' and scent was a winner when I had time and now that I know how to use it. At first, I might as well have been rubbing a stone brick on my mane,

My recommendation for LUSH is to train staff how to sell this product, or have a small paper insert that is given out wrapped around the conditioner to tell us that this hard brick does have some qualities, and perhaps some tips and tricks on how it may work for you.

The scent is completey amazing!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2011 11:44:00 PM More reviews by radiantflux

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

First off: I love this because it is a solid and requires no packaging! I bought it originally to travel, with my Volume and Shine solid shampoo..... and I have found that I am glad I did. I wouldn't use it regularly- and I can definitely understand people thinking its too heavy- I mean, its shea butter based and how often are you putting that right on your hair? It is a little difficult to lather, but I am willing to give that a shot considering it is not in a plastic bottle, and I like doing my part to minimize plastic consumption.

However, that being said I have a really sensitive scalp that gets flakey/sore-- and I found while traveling that this helped that *so* much. My hair is fine and limp anyway so pretty much any conditioner/product is too heavy for it, so it didn't bother me one bit. I have found it is really important for me to use this at least once a week focusing on my scalp with it, and it has solved a lot of my scalp issues.

I picked this up because my good friend also swears by this stuff (and says it is the "best thing to tame black hair"). While I have the total opposite hair from her, the concept appealed to me and I think if it can work for both of us, then it truly is a great product.

Last note: you had better be using hot water otherwise there is no way you will be able to get anything off the bar (it definitely needs to melt a bit in your hands as you lather!)

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2011 1:07:00 AM More reviews by hersupernature

This really over-conditioned my hair - those of you with straight hair, you'll know the feeling when you blow-dry and your hair curls up and just won't flatten down no matter what you do.
Smells great, but the formula is pretty annoying. Tough to get off the bar, or use the bar in your hair itself.
I would pass on this, there are really better products out there.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/6/2011 12:09:00 AM More reviews by LameAssCatLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really had high hopes for this one.

I decided to give NEW shampoo bar a shot and knew after reading reviews that I was going to need a conditioner to follow. So I picked up a bar of Jungle.

I have fine, curly, color treated hair.

This stuff was SUCH a let down. It's impossible to get a good amount of product onto your hair. It doesn't matter if you roll the bar around in your hand then transfer it to your hair or rub the bar directly onto your hair. It didn't condition my hair at all and it left it feeling really raw.

In regards to the scent, I can only describe it as "Hippie". I walked around for a week smelling like a hippie. GAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

Not buying this one again... :(

rated 1 of 5 on 10/5/2011 9:32:00 AM More reviews by Michelle219

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have used this three times since purchasing. The first time I used too little, the second time too much, and the third time I used it as a pre-conditioner. I think it works best that way since itís too hard to wash out like a normal conditioner and I don't particularly care for the smell (too masculine). I purchased it because I read that avocado is a great moisturize for hair but I didn't know at the time that I could buy pure avocado oil from WF. I will use this up but after that I will buy avocado oil. I must say that my hair is super soft after using this overnight before washing my hair.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/3/2011 10:18:00 AM More reviews by stephee89

I was quite curious on how a bar conditioner works and i guess, after finding out, i am not too happy with the result. It's not like the usual creamy conditioner you can get at drugstores like loreal or tresemme where after rinsing off you'll feel your hair is smooth.

this bar doesn't work wonders for my hair that's wavy, slightly coarse, dry, frizzy and coloured.

the smell is pleasing at first but it doesn't smell better as you use.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2011 1:39:00 PM More reviews by blaqkrabbit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I really like this product. It smells lovely and it comes in bar form, which is very unique. My hair is a little to course and dry to use it for its intended use, but it works nicely as an end treatment after the shower when my hair is still wet. I just pinch a bit off the bar and rub it into the very ends of my hair, and thankfully this keeps me out of the hairdresser's shop long enough so that my hair actually gets to grow before it's trimmed! Overall, I think this product is great and very handy. I will not be without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2011 6:32:00 PM More reviews by skwirel

Love love love this stuff! The smell is just amazing. I don't understand why some people say to break a piece off and make a liquid. Why get a solid conditioner?! All I do is pull my hair in a low pony tail with my left hand and with jungle in my right I swirl the bar around the ends of my hair a couple times. You really don't need a lot of this stuff. When I rinse it out my hair feels like plastic! So disheartening at first:( but when my hair dries I just am blown away! My hair is incredibly soft and manageable. The smell lingers all day. So you really should make sure you like the smell first. I keep this on an inverted silicon pet brush that has these large spikes. This allows jungle to dry quickly and now product gets stuck to anything

rated 2 of 5 on 9/21/2011 3:28:00 PM More reviews by laurahead

Let's put to one side for a moment the inconvenience of this product's bar form. The larger question is: does it work? For me, the answer is a resounding "no". It leaves my highlighted hair feeling like straw and smelling like a head shop. And those are its good points.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/12/2011 1:47:00 AM More reviews by kimbochop

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Like some other reviewers, I am a big fan of the Lush solid shampoo range. Unfortunately, I can't say the same for the Jungle Conditioner. I will say that it does smell very nice, but nice smells can't detangle and moisturise my hair!!
This conditioner was really hard to use. I tried rubbing it onto my wet hair, melting pieces onto my hand, even breaking pieces off! All of the how to videos I Googled recommended breaking pieces off of the puck and making it into a liquid..What's the point of a solid conditioner then?
This was a really disappointing product, I really wouldn't recommend it to anyone, which is a shame because I am a huge fan of Lush products.