October 31, 2014 | 882 users online

Fragrances - Ralph Lauren - Blue for Women

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2008 11:06:00 PM More reviews by TJStamper

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been wearing Blue for a couple of years now ... I CONSTANTLY get compliments on it from both men and women. It has become my signature scent and I love it. I would highly recommend it. It's a soft, "clean" smell.... not "perfumey" at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2008 11:58:00 PM More reviews by wordsandnumbers

I bought this on a recommendation from a friend, and really liked it. It does have a sweetness to it that is cloying if you wear too much or wear it too often. The bottle is gorgeous, and as my daughter says, "Ralph Lauren is a genius in fragrance!"

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2008 8:51:00 AM More reviews by Alibear8

I smelled this on a girl I used to work with and absolutely loved it; I had to go out and buy a bottle for myself. I purchased a small bottle of it from Target - just to try it out - and surprisingly, it lasted quite a while! The scent is intoxicating, one of those smells that brings back memories of something I can't quite put my finger on. It is definitely a perfume for summer - I think it's a little too beachy for the winter months.
I would describe Blue as clean, sexy, and very natural smelling. With Blue I never detect any chemical smells, it smells like something you'd smell in nature. Every time I wear this fragrance, without fail, I get loads of compliments from women - but even more from men! It is one of those smells that makes others want to linger near you.

Other reviewers have mentioned that this perfume has no staying power - I disagree. Because Blue has little-to-no chemical smell, I think your nose just gets used to it after a while so although you may not think other people can smell it anymore, they can.

I made the mistake of putting on more than normal one day because I thought I needed to - but then my brother commented that he thought even though I smelled great - I was wearing way more than necessary.

I think Blue is the perfect perfume for summer. It's the first bottle of perfume that I've actually used the entire bottle of. It's a wonderful scent, and the packaging is just as pretty. A beautiful blue glass bottle and silver engraved cap. Very classic and not at all tacky like the majority of other perfume bottles. This one reminds me of a chunk of sea glass one might find walking along a beach.

Try this one out, more than once. It'll definitely grow on you, and you'll enjoy the compliments!

I'll definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2008 4:56:00 PM More reviews by rosbergs3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wish i could give this scent 5 stars but i cant. If i was judging the scent of this on its own i would give it 5 stars but i also have to take into account a fragrances lasting ability and sillage when i rate a scent. Blue has the absolute worst and most abysmal lasting power and projectory of any fragrance i have ever worn. I sprayed over 100 sprays on myself one morning and it seemed like a few minutes later the scent was gone. Thats pathetic!!!!!! Why make a scent like that in the first place. Now.......i'm going to review the scent itself. The scent of this fragrance is awesome. For the time you can smell it, it smells like the Atlantic ocean itself. Blue is a true OCEANIC fragrance. Salt water and seaweed. When i first wore it i liked to think i was in the middle of the Atlantic ocean on a small wooden raft. Kind of like something Huckleberry Fine would have used to float down the Mississippi river on. I would be on my back on this raft bobbing up and down on the pure blue waves of the Atlantic ocean. Every now and then a few flowers would float by and their scent would mingle with the salt water and seaweed. I pick a flower from the water and put it between my teeth and just bask in the serene wonderfulness of the fragrance. Its a shame Blue has no lasting power because this would be almost holy grail material for me if it did. Alas, though, it doesnt so its a no no for me.

UPDATE 02/20/09: I found a full-size bottle of this again and since it is discontinued i decided to buy it again. I raised my rating from 2 to 5 lipsticks since i love it so much. Also, the staying power isnt as bad as i originally thought. I went to get my haircut and the barber kept saying how much she liked my "cologne" LOL. As i said above, i love the oceanness of this scent. I'm on my raft in the Atlantic with flowers floating all around me with the wonderful scent salt water too. Additionally, a beautiful pink, glass fishing globe floats by unexpectedly and you fish it out of the water and find something astounding in it......Ralph Laurens Blue.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/29/2008 3:19:00 PM More reviews by renoodle

I smelled this on a colleague as she walked by, and simply loved it. I thought it would be a perfect day-to-day scent, so I asked my Mum for a bottle for my Bday.

BUT as rach72tn said... it just went bad on me!!!! I mean horrible. It's the kind of smell that sticks in my throat and I smell it all day long as if I sprayed cheap hairspray all over my body. I've even tried it since, hoping I would find something nice in it - don't want to waste the bottle after all, but alas, it's a "no go" on me.

Sorry for the rant - it really is too bad. I wanted to like it, I swear! I still haven't told my Mum either. Having said that, though, now I always try before I buy.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/13/2008 8:19:00 AM More reviews by eiviz

It's definately a good scent, but it's not for me. It's a bit too boring for me, especially for spring and summer time.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2008 12:00:00 PM More reviews by mrmckinna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Just learned yesterday this item is not being discontinued. There is a problem with the glass manufacturer of the bottle and it should make its return Fall '08

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2008 3:15:00 PM More reviews by rach72tn

This perfume makes me so sad because I LOVE LOVE LOVE this scent just sprayed in the air or on paper....but if it even touches me just a little bit.....EWW!! I mean, really.....it's BAD! I've never had a perfume smell this terrible on my skin except for CURIOUS! So yes....they are def similar if not the same perfume lol cuz they both reek of the same god awful "whatever" on my skin. Test this out with your chem before you invest in a bottle of this. Yikes

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2008 3:12:00 PM More reviews by Ginnybaby2007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I RIS today and I tried it. I like it. It smells good the scent is nice, clean and fresh like you just stepped out of the shower. Too bad that this fragrance has been discontinued. Oh well good thing that the person I swapped with gave me the full size bottle it'll last me a good while since I tend to wear a different perfume everyday. Thanks Joan!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/17/2008 6:48:00 AM More reviews by Hecate82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Did you ever swam in the sea and accidentily swallowed some of the salty water? Well, that is quite horribly and this perfume smells like this experience. Too strong and salty/peppery. Negh, not for me.