MAC Retro Matte - Ruby Woo

4.4

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I love this lipstick! I know it's quite famous, but I just bought it a couple of months ago, and I fell in love immediately!
I really like the red tone (suits me perfectly, I have fair skin with neutral/warm undertones, and dark blonde/copper hair) and the fact that, despite being matte, it does not dry out my lips.
It lasts 2-3 hours, depending on what I'm doing (if I am eating it will of course last less), but I'm fine with this as is not a "long lasting" lipstick.
The only thing, if you have dry or cracked lips before applying it you need to put some moisturizer/lip balm on them.
I will totally buy it again, for me it's a winner!

on 10/1/2014 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

This is the ULTIMATE matte red lipstick. It has great staying power but for me, I had to partially reapply it after eating dinner. I was a bit surprised that it came off...what this tells me is that you really need to work that stain into your lips so that it sticks. What I did notice is that it did not come off on my wine glass...which is wonderful...a big plus. If you are looking for a gorgeous, glamorous matte red which suits most any skin tone, Ruby Woo is the bomb!

My favorite lipstick ever, in the history of the world, and time, forever and always.
It's a very bright, slightly cool toned red. The matte makes it so it barely transfers onto other surfaces (cups, my bf's face, etc.), however this does also mean your lips end up a bit dry. It is so lovely, I don't even care about the dryness though. Though lipsticks are rarely "scented," virtually all makeup has it's own light scent, and this is a nice, light sweetness.
Like any red, it's best to apply with a precise brush.
I will never stop buying this.

on 8/26/2014 4:24:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Lovely TRUE red shade! stays on all day and wears soo beautifully. The formula is very matte, I prefer it that way because I personally looove mattes when it comes to red lipstick or satin. I dont like glossy. I dont mind the "dry" feeling because my lips have been moistuized from before and I used MAC's lip primer on my lips. An advantage of matte lipstick is that it tends to stay on longer,as oppossed to other finishes.
This is a true red. A staple in every woman's makeup collection.

on 8/24/2014 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

This is it.

This is the red lipstick you are looking for.

A rich, bright, almost glowing true red that looks great on everybody. Very sophisticated and although it says blue based, it must be very slight because it doesn't have those undertones on me at all. Gorgeous color, looks amazing against my C6 skin tone and I love MAC's matte formula. It lasts hours and although very matte, doesn't dry my lips out at all.

on 8/18/2014 1:42:00 PM

Growing up I wasn't allowed to wear red lipstick....now that I am 23 years old I love red lipstick especially this one. Makes your teeth so white! Only con is you have to make sure you have no dead skin on your lips before applying this. I have this color and ririwoo love them both they're my go to's when I need a pop of color!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This color grew on me. Originally I didn't like it, but, I have grow too love it! Beautiful red and at first I didn't think I would like the matte formulation but, it is absolutely gorgeous and sophisticated.

on 8/16/2014 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

I really enjoy this lipstick. It compliments every skin tone, and is a stand out look-at-me red. I do have to admit that it is quite drying, but for a long night out, this lipstick is fantastic :)

on 8/16/2014 9:16:00 AM

It's ok. There are far better MAC shades...

on 7/30/2014 3:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is... One of my FAVORITE red lipsticks due to it's formula. It's VERY matte. I have to put on lip balm and then blot off the excess then put on the lipstick, putting on lip balm after definitely helps a lot. Even though it's drying to some I find it lasts ALL DAY and doesn't transfer much. When I'm eating greasy food it doesn't even move much if at all. Definitely blot off any moisture as this has a lot of wax within it and it'll repel the moisture and can sort of go on uneven when you're applying closer to the inner/center of the lip.

As for the color, it's a nice red color with blue undertones. I wouldn't call it a true red though it pics it does come off that way because the flash tends to... Sort of make blue toned lipsticks a lot brighter. I have a very yellow complexion and this kind of looks maroon-ish on me, but in pics it looks very good.
If you're very warm toned and you're taking pics then this is the one to use.

If you're very warm toned and you want a true red use "Lady Danger" it's a coral red and the warmth of my skin tends to make lady danger look a true red, so the coral tone is sort of... Not so coral compared I my skin if that makes sense?

I won't knock off stars because of the color because I find that ridiculous. Even though it looks darker than I thought it would on ME I won't blame the lipstick.
MAC makeup was made to be used in photography and film so I'm sure using a lot of blue tones that show up brighter and better in photos and film is sort of what has to be done.

If you're neutral or cool toned this will look great. My cousin is quite cool toned and it looks more of a true red on her though she is an NW35 while I'm an NC25-30.

Popular Lipsticks