April 20, 2014 | 1176 users online

Skincare - Face - Clinique - Acne Solutions Line (all products)

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2012 3:47:00 AM More reviews by sukitron5000

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have always gotten horrible cystic acne on my chin and jaw, and then zits on my cheeks, which were like nothing compared to my chin. I tried this system, being someone with acne and because of the awesome feedback on sephora, who by the way delete negative reviews (I learned this when I posted a video review and then followed with a written review after they took my video down, but that too was taken down). SEPHORA LIES. This stuff RUINED my skin. And in case youre wondering if I used it long enough for it to work properly: yes, two months in fact. After using this, my acne became worse and I began getting awfully painful and humiliating cystic acne all over my cheeks, along with my chin and jaw. I am now a scar face, and still have purple spots from the worst boils, a year and a half later. My skin has never recovered.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2012 12:57:00 AM More reviews by mlgibson494

I don't have sensitive skin. I break out, but do not react with itching, burning, redness, etc. Never. I got the kit, with the cleanser, toner, lotion. I used it that night, and the next morning. It dried my skin, and having oily skin, that is hard to do. I shrugged it off. Well, at work I noticed my forehead itching. Then burning. I looked in the morning. Had a rash, huuuge, on my forehead. It toss days to get rid off. I will never use it again. I've had products I don't like, our feel didn't work. But never a product that caused me this much grief.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2011 11:59:00 AM More reviews by TknHeartbyjqm

This skin care system has saved my skin from acne. I started to get acne in the 7th grade, and ever since then I have tried tons of drugstore acne systems. After reading some good AND bad reviews on this product I decided to give it a try. At first I didn't like this product because I didn't see a difference in my skin, other than it was very dry. I ran out of the products after about 2 months, and i was debating whether or not to buy it again because I did not see any results. But from plenty of people, I have been told that if you want an acne system to work, you have to stick to it, and give it time to work. So after getting my second supply of this, I started to see improvement. But i was still getting very dry skin so I decided to cut down the use of some of the products. It says to use the face wash, cleanser, and moisturizer twice a day. But I decided to use the face wash twice a day, and the moisturizer and cleanser once a day. After doing this, I started to see my skin becoming less and less dry. Also, make sure you use a seperate moisturzer because the clinique "moisturizer" in this kit does NOT moisturize, trust me. So while using the Clinique Acne System Kit, i used an aveeno moisturizer, and after time....i saw major improvement. Now I am confident enough to not wear makeup outside of the house! It's such an amazing feeling. Now I live religiously by these products, and I'm glad i do! If you have patience, I DEFINITELY reccommend this product. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 11/15/2011 7:35:00 PM More reviews by shikap

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using Clinique's Acne Solutions for two months now. I HATE THIS PRODUCT AND HOW IT HAS RUINED MY FACE! Before this product, I didn't have that much acne. Now, I have cyst acne all over my cheeks and chin. Everyone always ask me "What happened to your face? It wasn't this bad before." The cyst acne left me with horrible acne scars. The acne hurts my face. This didn't prevent acne. It made my acne WORSE! I recommend not to buy it. I felt ripped off because of the high price I paid. I will never buy anything from Clinique again!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/14/2011 12:29:00 AM More reviews by Monika88

I was initially on the clinique acne solution line and it dried out my skin completely, it felt like it was burning when I put the toner on. I switched to the regular line using the oily skin soap, #3 toner for oily skin and acne solution moisturizer + moisture surge. After about a month my skin had gotten a lot worse, I switched to #2 toner and another month later I've had the worst acne I've ever had in my life, and its so painful. I'm not here to bash clinique as it is a great company, however be careful when you're taking advice from the people working at clinique! Some are solely there to sell their products, the lady looking after me suggested I buy MANY products, continued to switch my routine and wasn't really in it for my best interest. My suggestions are first, for younger customers be careful with #2 toner it has an active ingredient that doesn't suit a lot of people in their late teens/early 20s, second get a second or even third opinion, if used properly I'm sure this product could have worked and third if you don't see any improvement in 2 weeks go back immediately and let them know exactly what's happening so they can help you accordingly. Personally, clinique was a horrible experience, I'll probably never go back but it has worked great for some people, just be caution just when buying any skincare products.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2011 1:19:00 PM More reviews by arriette

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am quite conflicted about this line. But let me begin at the beginning - sorry about the length.
I added the AS Clarifying Lotion to my regimen this spring. My skin was acting up a bit and the results with the toner were good: polished looking skin, less breakouts. Then summer came around and I thought why not adding the AS Cleansing Foam to my daily routine. I was hesitant about the cleanser, because Clinique's bar soaps break me out terribly. And again: after adding the cleansing foam, my skin improved further. Since it was a pretty humid summer, I liked that the two products balanced (read: dried) my skin. Some time around August, I bought the AS Clearing Moisturizer. The results were nothing shy of a miracle. Within two weeks my skin was impeccable: pores and impurities seemed to disappear and I was left with an enviable complexion - and it stayed that way for two months. The moisturizer bleached my eyebrows, but I didn't care, my skin just looked that great.
Then the breakouts started: cystic acne spots on my cheeks, chin and neck, something that's hasn't happend before. At first I thought my hormones were acting up in a new way and kept using all three products. Long story short: I switched to my former regimen and my skin normalized. But I wasn't convinced yet and switched back and forth three times (I know...) and every time I started using the AS Clearing Moisturizer, the problems returned within two to three days.
I keep using the AS Clarifying Lotion, but the moisturizer clearly isn't for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/29/2011 2:18:00 PM More reviews by rrrrbravo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this system twice, and stopped mid way through the second batch. This worked good for awhile. My skin was the clearest I had seen it for a long time, but all of a sudden I noticed it wasn't doing anything anymore, and pretty much all my old pimples that had disppeared were back. By the time I was done with the first set of these products my face was really dry and flaky, but atleast my skin was clear so I bought it again. If you have reallllly oily skin I bet these would work good, but not for my combo dry/oily skin. I think it's too much salicylic acid (in the cleanser and toner) to use, especially twice a day. I won't repurchase a third time.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2011 10:08:00 PM More reviews by Jenny05

I've used Clinique's Acne Solutions line for over two years. When I first purchased the products I was told it would take about a year for my skin to completely clear up. This was discouraging, but I decided I would commit.

This line has definitely cleared up my skin, which is why I continue to use it years later. I have occasional blemishes but if you're acne prone that's likely to happen. It's definitely great for acne, I just wish it would also help with my extremely oily skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/21/2011 10:28:00 PM More reviews by Sweetlae

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Even though this hasn't been recent, I remember using this a few years ago. Yes, it did get rid of some of my acne, but it overly dried my skin so much that any pimple that popped on it's own, or I scratched off, turned into a pitted scar. I strongly believe that this was the worst product for my skin I've ever used.
I remember my skin feeling extremely dry, and peeling a lot, especially at the nose. This is one of those products that I wish I had never tried, just because it created a problem extremely hard to fix, and had made me very insecure.
Overall, it fixed some of my acne, not all, but it's not worth it for the side effects I experienced. Back then, I really had some hope in this product. Unfortunately, never again.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/21/2011 10:18:00 PM More reviews by IUPgrad2010

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

No... Hah

First off, it broke me put into hives, made my whole face swell up and caused me to scratch myself raw, I just shouldve dealt with the fact that I have acne now I have worse scarring...

Second it was verrrry drying

But I've use the origiabl 3 step system with no prolem. Idk

Its not Cliniques fault I'm so sensitive though..

This was just my experience not everyones the same