April 19, 2014 | 1525 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - Midnight Cowboy Rides Again

rated 3 of 5 on 6/2/2010 10:13:00 PM More reviews by Jamieuwf1888

The issue that I have with some of UD eyeshadows is the fact that they are so glittery. Trust me, I am a glittery kind of gal, but when it's an eyeshadow and my cheeks are wearing the glitters too, it's not so good. I love some UD eyeshadows, the ones that are more of a frost and contain no chunks of the silver glitter they love throwing in a lot of their eyeshadows!

I also noticed that when I do attempt to wear one of these chunky glittery eyeshadows, when I try to wipe off my eye makeup with makeup removing wipes- and even after using my Clinique face cleanser- I still have little silver glitter pieces all over my face. Grr- annoying. I really wanted to love these eyeshadow and have tried using eye shadow primers/ using them wet- and it doesn't matter which method I use I still find them unwearable.

The price is very affordable I think because I got this color in a box set with 6 other colors and it was $35.00 at Sephora. This was 2 years ago I purchased this set and I have literally worn this particular shade about ten times, hah. It was affordable though for all the bang you get for the buck just not for me. I also think the packaging was extremely cute and non-messy. The eyeshadows got a little powdery but it didn't go everywhere when I opened the palatte. Overall, would not repurchase, and I give this a 3.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/1/2010 10:43:00 PM More reviews by michaheart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This eyeshadow is so pretty. I usually add this at night to turn a daytime look into a night look. Just by adding a small amount to the outer corners of your lid can completely transform your eyes. A little goes a long way!! The only downfall of this shadow is the glitter itself usually ends up all over your face. I don't mind glitter and I always expect some shadow fallout during application. But with this you can expect to have glitter under your eyes for as long as your wearing it. Overall I think it's a great color and the packaging is beautiful. As long as you don't mind the excess sparkle.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/3/2010 2:59:00 AM More reviews by Pandakins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This color was in one of the pallets I got and it is glittery but the color is pretty it made for a nice nighttime color.

Why only one lippy you ask? Well one night I was wearing it a few flecks of glitter fell into my eye and made my eyes itch and water horribly, now I'm afraid to go anywhere near the stuff.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2010 11:37:00 PM More reviews by maevelovesyou

i got this product in urban decay book of shadows 2. it IS very glittery if you dont use a primer it will fall everywhere. This is a very pretty color and its actually one of my new favorites for going out. it receaives a lot of compliments

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2010 11:56:00 PM More reviews by NeonCyberRave

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My UV dayglo shadows are matte, and i love glitter so i needed something to spice it up. I bought this because i heard it was pure glitter. I used to use MAC 3D Silver glitter, but that shxt burned my eyes really bad. MCRA is amazing. There is a LOT of glitter in this shadow, so i just sweep it on my other shadow and it makes it insanely awesome. The glitter falls off onto my cheeks, so its like an extra cheek highlight. I get compliments on this all the time. I've had it for a while and it still looks new, so i would buy this again for sure

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2010 9:10:00 PM More reviews by tawnyinthepink

I swapped for this...and am glad I did. The color itself isn't bad. It's a lovely taupe like color. The issue I have is the insane glitter that finds it's way all over! My hubby actually said, "Honey, you have glitter all over your face...want me to get it off?" Uhm...no...but thanks for pointing the crazy glitter out to me. IDK maybe for a glitter filled look I'd use it more...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2010 8:39:00 PM More reviews by linhle777

haha I agree with sexyzombiestripperslut about the glitter falling on the cheeks. Another step I don't have to do. I always loved wearing glitter in high school although I am not in high school no more who says you can't wear glitter. When I see glitter it reminds me of angels. For some weird reason I imagine that angels would have glitter because when I see glitter it gives that sparkling cloudy effect. Don't hate!! If you don't like glitter you probably don't like the whole line because there is alot of glitter in most of the eyeshadows. This worn alone is not pretty though you have to use some type of base or primer

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2010 8:28:00 PM More reviews by SexyZombieStripperSlut

I never wear neutrals. I always wear black shadow or colorful. I saw swatches of this and i had to get it. I frickin love glitter. I wet my brush before i use this so its more dramatic. I put this almost up to my brow bone, use heavy black cat liner and its a perfect look for day/night. I love that theres glitter fallout so i can use the glitter as an extra cheek highlight. For the people complaining about the glitter... well NO SHXT THERES GLITTER! Why the hell buy this when you know its almost pure glitter? If you dont like it, save your damn $ and stop complaining about it.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/20/2010 12:03:00 PM More reviews by Xandrra

I tried doing a look with this eyeshadow not so long ago, thanks God I wasn't in a hurry because i had to wash my face several times to get all the fallout off, it went everywhere! so much of it!
I'll be extremely careful if I decide to use this e/s, if at all

rated 2 of 5 on 3/14/2010 9:46:00 PM More reviews by mabv812

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I saw this color in Sephora and thought it was gorgeous. The problem is as soon as I put it on it started to hurt my eyes. It felt like I had gotten something in my eye and couldn't get it out. It really hurt! And for about 2 hours my eyes were watering and irritated. I wish I could wear this color out at night, but it just hurts too much. I haven't tried it with some type of gel or liquid underneath to keep it in place, but I might try it. Until then I won't use it.