MAC Impassioned (Amplified)

4.6

on 6/30/2012 9:41:00 AM

I LOVE mac and this lipstick is great. I really love how it goes on, which is the same for all the amplified creme lipsticks from mac, it's really smooth, but i would use a lip balm first regardless. It's easy to use to different intensities too. Although i would recommend using a lip liner first because it tends to bleed slightly, i use Magenta.

on 6/1/2012 2:16:00 PM

one of my fave mac lipsticks. its a super bright, loud fuschia that suits so many skintones. it looks amazing on my nc35 skin and also on paler skins too, because it looked great on my much paler friend too. this lipstick isnt for the shy and retiring types, its loud and in your face and the perfect colour for hot summer nights. you can however, tone it down a notch by patting it on your lips and rubbing it in for a more subtle look. the formulation is superb, quite moisturising for a lipstick and goes on smoothly, unlike other amplified formulations (vegas volt!!)
if you want a bright, hot pink, this is THE lipstick for you

on 6/1/2012 12:48:00 AM

The moment I swiped this on in the store, I was obsessed. This is an incredible bold, bright watermelon pink on my tanned/olive skin. Amazing for summer and anytime you want to make a splash ;)

on 5/21/2012 3:34:00 PM

i just bought the color "impassioned" over the weekend, and it truely is a gorgeous color. That being said, i was extremely suprised to see that this is amplified because its staying power was longer than my matte mac lipsticks! during a 6 ish hour school day, i did not have to reapply at all. beautiful color!

on 5/16/2012 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Gorgeous color!! I love the amplified creams, very long lasting and comfortable. Wonderful bright summer lip!!

on 5/10/2012 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Impassioned is almost a magenta color, but darker. The MAC artist told me it was a coral color, and when I swatch it on my hand, I definitely see the coral. Yet, when I apply it to my lips, it's more magenta. Which ever way you see it, I LOVE it. It's the perfect bold color, and I've gotten so many compliments on it. It's fun, and almost retro.

I bought a massive range of MAC lipsticks while I was in LA and this one really surprised me (especially since I didn't try anything on and just went by online reviews when I bought it). I loved the vibrancy of the colour for this product but, at times, it just felt a little overpowering. It's difficult to wear it with anything but simple eye makeup and it really looks horrendous when it starts to fade a bit. However, I would buy and use and reapply and repurchase all I want for this colour just because that, in the situations that call for it, it really does work.

on 4/21/2012 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I just purchased this yesterday & wore it last night with magenta lipliner (the mac sales guy recommended it). The color is pretty coral pinkish. I wanted to have that gradient look but throughout the night it just blended & looked hot pink. I still like it but the only thing is at the end of the night when I was ready to take it off it left like a stain on my lips even the next morning they were still tinted. That was the only issue thus far but I guess maybe the amplified lipsticks leave a stain on your lips.

on 4/19/2012 1:24:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This color is GORGEOUS! It's the kind of bright, happy color that would go great with any skin tone, warm and cool. Being an amplified finish, the pigmentation and creaminess are AMAZING. I think all makeup lovers should give this kind of bright, daring lipstick a try, and they'll find they love it!

on 4/15/2012 5:54:00 PM

I paired this with Cherry lipliner and the two combined gives it a perfect "spring red", basically a red with pink undertones...a look made famous by Reese Witherspoon. I love the texture as it's super creamy. For those who owned it, I'd encourage you to experiment it with other colors like paint colors. You never know what you'll end up with.

Popular Lipsticks