December 22, 2014 | 1749 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Impassioned (Amplified)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2012 2:16:00 PM More reviews by Farinarr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

one of my fave mac lipsticks. its a super bright, loud fuschia that suits so many skintones. it looks amazing on my nc35 skin and also on paler skins too, because it looked great on my much paler friend too. this lipstick isnt for the shy and retiring types, its loud and in your face and the perfect colour for hot summer nights. you can however, tone it down a notch by patting it on your lips and rubbing it in for a more subtle look. the formulation is superb, quite moisturising for a lipstick and goes on smoothly, unlike other amplified formulations (vegas volt!!)
if you want a bright, hot pink, this is THE lipstick for you

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2012 12:48:00 AM More reviews by Buttercup89

The moment I swiped this on in the store, I was obsessed. This is an incredible bold, bright watermelon pink on my tanned/olive skin. Amazing for summer and anytime you want to make a splash ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2012 3:34:00 PM More reviews by makeupbabe73

i just bought the color "impassioned" over the weekend, and it truely is a gorgeous color. That being said, i was extremely suprised to see that this is amplified because its staying power was longer than my matte mac lipsticks! during a 6 ish hour school day, i did not have to reapply at all. beautiful color!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2012 12:32:00 AM More reviews by Elle547

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Gorgeous color!! I love the amplified creams, very long lasting and comfortable. Wonderful bright summer lip!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2012 3:19:00 PM More reviews by megdancer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Impassioned is almost a magenta color, but darker. The MAC artist told me it was a coral color, and when I swatch it on my hand, I definitely see the coral. Yet, when I apply it to my lips, it's more magenta. Which ever way you see it, I LOVE it. It's the perfect bold color, and I've gotten so many compliments on it. It's fun, and almost retro.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2012 11:56:00 AM More reviews by stellamirandaa

I bought a massive range of MAC lipsticks while I was in LA and this one really surprised me (especially since I didn't try anything on and just went by online reviews when I bought it). I loved the vibrancy of the colour for this product but, at times, it just felt a little overpowering. It's difficult to wear it with anything but simple eye makeup and it really looks horrendous when it starts to fade a bit. However, I would buy and use and reapply and repurchase all I want for this colour just because that, in the situations that call for it, it really does work.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2012 8:17:00 PM More reviews by malston81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just purchased this yesterday & wore it last night with magenta lipliner (the mac sales guy recommended it). The color is pretty coral pinkish. I wanted to have that gradient look but throughout the night it just blended & looked hot pink. I still like it but the only thing is at the end of the night when I was ready to take it off it left like a stain on my lips even the next morning they were still tinted. That was the only issue thus far but I guess maybe the amplified lipsticks leave a stain on your lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2012 1:24:00 AM More reviews by Marcela213

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This color is GORGEOUS! It's the kind of bright, happy color that would go great with any skin tone, warm and cool. Being an amplified finish, the pigmentation and creaminess are AMAZING. I think all makeup lovers should give this kind of bright, daring lipstick a try, and they'll find they love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2012 5:54:00 PM More reviews by DebbieN

I paired this with Cherry lipliner and the two combined gives it a perfect "spring red", basically a red with pink undertones...a look made famous by Reese Witherspoon. I love the texture as it's super creamy. For those who owned it, I'd encourage you to experiment it with other colors like paint colors. You never know what you'll end up with.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2012 11:38:00 PM More reviews by charlottewebster

So glad I picked up this lippy! It is a super bright, rich and vibrant watermelon red/pink. Very moisturising without being glossy which is awesome. Highly pigmented and long wearing. I can put this on in the morning and it is still super bright by the afternoon. Grabs peoples attention and I've had a lot of "oh you look nice today!" when wearing this shade. It looks great with a sleek winged eyeliner look or naked eyes packed with loads of mascara. I don't recommend doing a bold eye look with this - any decent makeup artist will tell you it is far more flattering to draw attention to either the eyes or lips but not both.

I am an NC20, I imagine this shade woild look amazing on a broad range of skin tones.. it might be too much for anyone lighter than nc20 or with a lot of pink in their skin.. as someone stated below, it looks best with a full face of foundation to cancel out any pigmentation or blemishes. If you are blessed with gorgeous skin then obviously skip the cover up!

If you like bold fashion lip shades, try Impassioned!!!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No