October 20, 2014 | 1912 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Impassioned (Amplified)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2012 3:34:00 PM More reviews by makeupbabe73

i just bought the color "impassioned" over the weekend, and it truely is a gorgeous color. That being said, i was extremely suprised to see that this is amplified because its staying power was longer than my matte mac lipsticks! during a 6 ish hour school day, i did not have to reapply at all. beautiful color!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2012 12:32:00 AM More reviews by Elle547

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Gorgeous color!! I love the amplified creams, very long lasting and comfortable. Wonderful bright summer lip!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2012 3:19:00 PM More reviews by megdancer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Impassioned is almost a magenta color, but darker. The MAC artist told me it was a coral color, and when I swatch it on my hand, I definitely see the coral. Yet, when I apply it to my lips, it's more magenta. Which ever way you see it, I LOVE it. It's the perfect bold color, and I've gotten so many compliments on it. It's fun, and almost retro.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2012 11:56:00 AM More reviews by stellamirandaa

I bought a massive range of MAC lipsticks while I was in LA and this one really surprised me (especially since I didn't try anything on and just went by online reviews when I bought it). I loved the vibrancy of the colour for this product but, at times, it just felt a little overpowering. It's difficult to wear it with anything but simple eye makeup and it really looks horrendous when it starts to fade a bit. However, I would buy and use and reapply and repurchase all I want for this colour just because that, in the situations that call for it, it really does work.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2012 8:17:00 PM More reviews by malston81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just purchased this yesterday & wore it last night with magenta lipliner (the mac sales guy recommended it). The color is pretty coral pinkish. I wanted to have that gradient look but throughout the night it just blended & looked hot pink. I still like it but the only thing is at the end of the night when I was ready to take it off it left like a stain on my lips even the next morning they were still tinted. That was the only issue thus far but I guess maybe the amplified lipsticks leave a stain on your lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2012 1:24:00 AM More reviews by Marcela213

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This color is GORGEOUS! It's the kind of bright, happy color that would go great with any skin tone, warm and cool. Being an amplified finish, the pigmentation and creaminess are AMAZING. I think all makeup lovers should give this kind of bright, daring lipstick a try, and they'll find they love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2012 5:54:00 PM More reviews by DebbieN

I paired this with Cherry lipliner and the two combined gives it a perfect "spring red", basically a red with pink undertones...a look made famous by Reese Witherspoon. I love the texture as it's super creamy. For those who owned it, I'd encourage you to experiment it with other colors like paint colors. You never know what you'll end up with.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2012 11:38:00 PM More reviews by charlottewebster

So glad I picked up this lippy! It is a super bright, rich and vibrant watermelon red/pink. Very moisturising without being glossy which is awesome. Highly pigmented and long wearing. I can put this on in the morning and it is still super bright by the afternoon. Grabs peoples attention and I've had a lot of "oh you look nice today!" when wearing this shade. It looks great with a sleek winged eyeliner look or naked eyes packed with loads of mascara. I don't recommend doing a bold eye look with this - any decent makeup artist will tell you it is far more flattering to draw attention to either the eyes or lips but not both.

I am an NC20, I imagine this shade woild look amazing on a broad range of skin tones.. it might be too much for anyone lighter than nc20 or with a lot of pink in their skin.. as someone stated below, it looks best with a full face of foundation to cancel out any pigmentation or blemishes. If you are blessed with gorgeous skin then obviously skip the cover up!

If you like bold fashion lip shades, try Impassioned!!!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2012 11:31:00 PM More reviews by SaraCee07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I love this colour, so pretty and it lasted ALL night even when having drinks. I hate the fact it's SO tough to get MAC products where I live so have to pay ridiculous prices to get them shipped to me :/

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2012 6:17:00 PM More reviews by Zena89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Whilst i love the colour pay off, I don't think it lasts that long. I find that after an hour or so, it starts to separate on the lips (after priming my lips & using concealer AND a lip pencil!) and leaves me with a few lines...and yet it's hell to remove!
I only bought it two days ago, so have to experiment a little with it.
Colour is great, but staying power is not to my expectation...I feel a little let down to be honest.

*update- ended up selling it to a co worker after a few weeks. It suited her white skin far better and i don't think she complained of the colour settling in the cracks of her lips. I wish it suited me/ I wish it had been the one*