December 17, 2014 | 1755 users online

Fragrances - Elizabeth Arden - Sunflowers

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2009 4:47:00 AM More reviews by KittyBaditty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is god-awful! I bought it on a whim from a $5 clearance bin~ dead giveaway really. It smells like over ripe grapefruit and old lady flowers... no depth to it but it just clings to everything. I washed my clothes with baking soda twice to get rid of the smell. Oh how far fragrance has come since this hot mess was released.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2009 1:35:00 AM More reviews by janeeee999

I used to like this fragrance. I liked it some much that I finished to bottle. Then I moved on to another scent. I saw it on sale a few years back... I thought I'd give it another try. What a BIG mistake! I thought I was going to vomit after having it on for 2 minutes. I don't know what I liked about it in the first place. It smelled cheap. Maybe because I was only 16 when I bought the first bottle. All I can say about it now is YUCK!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2009 6:06:00 PM More reviews by SugaCookie26

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Oh man I loved this fragrance all through high school and college. Still love it. It's strong, one little misting is all it takes but it's not heavy and lasts all day. A very clean fresh and unique scent. It always manages to work its way back onto my vanity table.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2009 10:52:00 AM More reviews by Amykakes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OH boy does this scent bring back memories! And I think I still have that green little teddy bear it came with when I got it as a christmas present back in the late 80's. I used to wear this perfume in my early teen days, I LOVED it! I would have given it a 5 back then but I am sick of it now so I am giving it a 4. I remember it being so fresh and pretty smelling. But I don't think it really smells like "sunflowers", it smells better than that IMO. I guess you just have to smell it for yourself and see if you like it :)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/16/2009 9:07:00 PM More reviews by Dmarie1

This doesn't stink it stanks! Smells like warm sunflowers in a big old fashioned bottle! I used to wear this and thought I still liked it and bought a gift set and wore the lotion and the perfume and it was irritating my skin I had to wash it off.I will never wear sunflowers again I don't appriciate the irritated skin I received from this old crap!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2009 2:25:00 PM More reviews by coffeekim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I bought a miniature bottle of this today. I think its pleasantly fresh and clean. I smelled it on my friend last month and loved it on her and really wanted at least a small bottle of this for my collection. I think it will be wonderful for spring and summer but I think it also brightens a cold winter day like today!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2009 9:28:00 PM More reviews by Bolly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really can't work out why Elizabeth Arden named this scent "Sunflowers". "Ocean Mist" might be more appropriate. I was given a gift pack at Christmas and was about to give to a friend who likes some other Elizabeth Arden products (I don't) but decided to have a whiff before passing it along. I must say I'm pleasantly surprised!

The fragrance reminds me of one of my favourite smells - Crabtree and Evelyn have a hand care range they call "La Source", and other companies have used a similar fragrance which they usually refer to as 'sea minerals' or something or other - not what I expected from something called "Sunflowers". Instead it's a very fresh smell - similar to the smell of silk fabric as well as the ocean thing.

Yes the bottle and the colour scheme is really quite disgusting - cannot imagine anyone wanting to buy it simply by looking at it - but the stuff inside is lovely; so there you have it - "Sunflowers" stays!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2008 9:01:00 PM More reviews by aaa777aaa11

At first it's too sweet, strong and over-powering, but after it wears off a little, it's really nice and delicious. Lasts well. I wouldn' t wear it everyday, only when I'm in the right mood for it.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/26/2008 4:13:00 AM More reviews by carrieminn

I wasn't aware they were even making "Sunflowers" anymore until I saw at at Walgreens. I remember liking this scent when I was in junior high... in the early 90s. Now, not so much.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2008 1:03:00 PM More reviews by stellina

This was introduced years ago when I was working at my favorite department store, one of those lovely old-fashioned places that are falling by the wayside, so when I wear it I'm reminded of pleasant days gone by. It's a fresh, light scent, a bit floral but not fruity or marine as most light fragrances are these days. I'm not sure if the regular EA counters still carry it - I found it recently at the drugstore. My only complaint is the lasting power which, like most lighter scents, isn't the best.

That being said, I'm not exactly a kid but I'm not a senior citizen, and I'm starting to resent that certain scents that I've used for years smell like "old lady" or worse yet, "nursing home." It's also insensitive (to say the least) to speak that way about older women. There are ways of saying that you dislike something other than resorting to nastiness.

10 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No