Elizabeth Arden Sunflowers

3.0

on 7/14/2009 11:36:00 PM

Smells like an old lady!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

This stuff is god-awful! I bought it on a whim from a $5 clearance bin~ dead giveaway really. It smells like over ripe grapefruit and old lady flowers... no depth to it but it just clings to everything. I washed my clothes with baking soda twice to get rid of the smell. Oh how far fragrance has come since this hot mess was released.

on 6/19/2009 1:35:00 AM

I used to like this fragrance. I liked it some much that I finished to bottle. Then I moved on to another scent. I saw it on sale a few years back... I thought I'd give it another try. What a BIG mistake! I thought I was going to vomit after having it on for 2 minutes. I don't know what I liked about it in the first place. It smelled cheap. Maybe because I was only 16 when I bought the first bottle. All I can say about it now is YUCK!

on 3/29/2009 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

Oh man I loved this fragrance all through high school and college. Still love it. It's strong, one little misting is all it takes but it's not heavy and lasts all day. A very clean fresh and unique scent. It always manages to work its way back onto my vanity table.

on 3/29/2009 10:52:00 AM

OH boy does this scent bring back memories! And I think I still have that green little teddy bear it came with when I got it as a christmas present back in the late 80's. I used to wear this perfume in my early teen days, I LOVED it! I would have given it a 5 back then but I am sick of it now so I am giving it a 4. I remember it being so fresh and pretty smelling. But I don't think it really smells like "sunflowers", it smells better than that IMO. I guess you just have to smell it for yourself and see if you like it :)

on 3/16/2009 9:07:00 PM

This doesn't stink it stanks! Smells like warm sunflowers in a big old fashioned bottle! I used to wear this and thought I still liked it and bought a gift set and wore the lotion and the perfume and it was irritating my skin I had to wash it off.I will never wear sunflowers again I don't appriciate the irritated skin I received from this old crap!

on 2/17/2009 2:25:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I bought a miniature bottle of this today. I think its pleasantly fresh and clean. I smelled it on my friend last month and loved it on her and really wanted at least a small bottle of this for my collection. I think it will be wonderful for spring and summer but I think it also brightens a cold winter day like today!

on 1/9/2009 9:28:00 PM

I really can't work out why Elizabeth Arden named this scent "Sunflowers". "Ocean Mist" might be more appropriate. I was given a gift pack at Christmas and was about to give to a friend who likes some other Elizabeth Arden products (I don't) but decided to have a whiff before passing it along. I must say I'm pleasantly surprised!

The fragrance reminds me of one of my favourite smells - Crabtree and Evelyn have a hand care range they call "La Source", and other companies have used a similar fragrance which they usually refer to as 'sea minerals' or something or other - not what I expected from something called "Sunflowers". Instead it's a very fresh smell - similar to the smell of silk fabric as well as the ocean thing.

Yes the bottle and the colour scheme is really quite disgusting - cannot imagine anyone wanting to buy it simply by looking at it - but the stuff inside is lovely; so there you have it - "Sunflowers" stays!

on 11/30/2008 9:01:00 PM

At first it's too sweet, strong and over-powering, but after it wears off a little, it's really nice and delicious. Lasts well. I wouldn' t wear it everyday, only when I'm in the right mood for it.

on 11/26/2008 4:13:00 AM

I wasn't aware they were even making "Sunflowers" anymore until I saw at at Walgreens. I remember liking this scent when I was in junior high... in the early 90s. Now, not so much.

Popular Fragrances