Elizabeth Arden Red Door

2.9

on 3/19/2012 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Well I know I am in the minority but I adore this scent.I bought a little mini of the parfum and I'll admit:at first it was so strong and cloying.It instantly took me back to the 80s.Well I decided to give it another shot and something sure changed-I put a tiny drop on one wrist and pressed my other wrist to it....and it was wonderful.It does start off a bit strong but I like the actual smell.I get A LOT of honey out of it which is one of my favorite notes.The main floral I get is violet-not rose.It quickly becomes a honeyed violet on me and lasts forever.The drydown is just a warm honey scent.I really like this-I can see how even just one spray would be too much but a single drop is perfect:I can't even smell it unless my arm is 2 feet from my nose.A new favorite for sure...in fact with all the perfume I have this is the one I have reached for every time for the past couple of days.

on 2/29/2012 3:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I liked this when I was in my late teens/early twenties but I can't remember why. All I remember was that somebody gave me this perfume and I liked it. About two years ago, I came across a 100ml bottle on sale and I bought it. Now the bottle sits on my drawer, only 1/5th of the contents used. The smell lasts long - sometimes at the end of the day, I can still smell this on me. It's still the same smell I liked before (and I still like it now) but I somehow don't like wearing it now. Funny how I really liked this smell when I was younger but now that I'm older I find the smell too mature for me. Maybe I'd wear this again in a few years time. :)

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is all I wore when I was younger I used to obsess over this scent but I'm almost 40 now and I have discovered so many other lighter,fresher,sweeter fragrances now that tjmaxx and marshalls has them readily available at a good price I used to pay full price for this and I bought a bottle for 25.00 I still like it but it takes a lot out of me to wanna wear this its a good special occasion frag but not everyday. I think it has fallen into the classic scent category I'm done with Red door no matter how much they change the bottle lol!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

After knowing about this perfume for over 20 years, I finally started wearing it after receiving a bottle as a gift. I love this scent and I wear it nearly everyday. A girlfriend of mine wore it all the time in high school. I do consider this to be a more sophisicated scent, but that doesn't mean anything. Anyone can wear it. I think it smells beautiful, that is all that matters.

on 11/14/2011 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

As a winter's fragrance this is great. it is a cheap version from naecisso rodriguez , it is the exact smell but with less staying power that is why i gave it only 4 lippies..

on 11/11/2011 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have spent half of my life living at my auntys house in texas. and she wears this perfume EVERYDAY. its a huge comfort to me when ever i smell it. she got me my own bottle,, and i spray it sometimes at night time. I dont wear is as i am a younger teenager. but i love this perfume.

on 10/23/2011 5:23:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This sweet and powdery floral perfume is inoffensive, but hasn't become a real favorite of mine. Red Door seems somewhat generic, and, I hesitate to even say it, a little cheap. I find this impression odd based on the perfume's composition. It is made with many individual notes I love, like rose, lily, orchid, jasmine, freesia, lily of the valley, anise, peach, plum, orange blossom and honey. Maybe the problem is there are just too many scents in it, including rather potent base notes of sandalwood, cedar, amber and musk. The whole effect is very 1980s, a bit exaggerated and meant to inspire luxury and elegance. I find it to be heavily floral and sticky sweet, with an overpowering powdery finish. I really wanted to like Red Door, but perhaps it would better suit someone from a previous generation. It has a slight old lady feel to it, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it definitely doesn't work for me. I hate being overly harsh on this perfume, as I really love other Elizabeth Arden scents like 5th Avenue and Mediterranean. But in all honesty, I wouldn't buy Red Door again and have no idea what to do with the one I already have. However, if someone else was wearing it my first thought would not be, "Ugh, what a dreadful perfume." So not horrible, just not for me personally.

on 9/26/2011 1:58:00 AM

I used to like this scent...briefly when it was first released. But now? Okay here goes (I'm about to get gross so be warned). I think it seriously smells vaguely of menstruation on a pad. I know. Sorry. But seriously, it's like this ick, funky, hormonal smell (didn't think that was possible, but yes) mixed with a strong, cloying, florally-perfumey deodorant small blended in. Just so so gross. I smell it on people all the time and just about heave. Please ladies, move on to something less offensive if you possibly can. Chances are, even if you like it, the people around you do not. :/ Also, don't know why, but I've smelled this on a lot of ladies who clearly also smoke. So, maybe the smoking has deadened their sense of smell.

on 9/26/2011 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

The grandmummy of Old Lady perfumes! Yuk yuk yuk! For some reason, my mother kept on stocking up on this horrid perfume over the years- she finally discovered the much kinder-on-the-nose Red Door Revealed (and I also gave her my unwanted Versace Woman which smells great on HER), so no more disgusting Red Door in our home (hopefully)!

on 9/20/2011 1:22:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

The repackaged Red Door bottle is an improvement over the original. This is a very overpowering scent, but it does smell nice on the right person. I agree with others who say to use it sparingly. Less is more! Still, it's not a favorite though I will admit it's nice on the right woman.

Popular Fragrances