April 17, 2014 | 1569 users online

Fragrances - Elizabeth Arden - Red Door

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2011 7:44:00 PM More reviews by Shanplum

This poor fragrance gets such a hard time, but each time you have been in an elevator or passed someone on the street and thought "what a great smell" chances are you were smelling red door. This fragrance has such a bad reputation as being old or outdated but worn in modest amounts and letting it settle for a few minutes before leaving the house it is a gorgeous scent. No, it's not everyones taste or suited to everyones chemistry, but on the right person it is amazing. I am only 26 so I am by no means an old lady but I appreciate the classics. You can always pick this up relatively cheap at Christmas/mothersday sales. A very classic honey based scent.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/3/2011 12:25:00 AM More reviews by Lola0

Damn it! I bought this perfume thinking it was the other one (E.A. Red door REVEALED) and i was so happy but then i sprayed on my body and i was like What the heck?!!
I hate the scent so bad, i smelled like an old lady all the freaking day!
Its odor is way too strong for any woman, seriously.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/22/2011 12:19:00 AM More reviews by bta

I never tried this on myself, only smelt on other people, and I found it always revolting. Honestly, if you spray this in a bathroom and I have to use that bathroom, I would probably choose to head for the nearest bush instead. It is thick, old and sticky like a leech! And ages the wearer instantly! Or at least I think so!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2011 10:09:00 AM More reviews by Cutekitti

This perfume is strong and floraly. My mother in law wears it and it gives me a headache everytime. Its terrible. I recently gave her a bottle of my favorite perfume in hopes she would switch to something less potent

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2011 5:39:00 PM More reviews by LaylaLanes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Best perfume ever. Brings on compliments and has a scent that lasts all day.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2011 3:13:00 PM More reviews by Daisy100

I first smelled this on someone else and it smelled wonderful wonderful wonderful. I bought some. chemical nightmare. still smelled bad after it dried down. but the scent left on my clothes was beautiful a little lovely pretty little singing flower. just what i had smelled off that woman. so i use it on my clothes and it is beautiful.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/19/2011 6:44:00 AM More reviews by sorandomgirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't ever really buy perfume but this was given to me at christmas by my aunt. Although I do use it everyday, the fragrance isn't that great, and after about 20 or 20 minutes I can't even smell it on me anymore. I don't think I would buy this.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2011 7:22:00 PM More reviews by didi123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is really nice. I had a bottle and loved it. But my grandma also uses it, and she is 92. When I traveled recently, she asked me to get her a bottle at the duty-free. So I kinda associate this perfume to grandmas now, and I don't mean that in a demeaning way. We love our grandmas!

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2011 7:17:00 PM More reviews by luluhalabaloo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

OK for me, this is a no. It stays and stays and stays and I cannot get it out of my nose (or skin). But on my mom who is 75, it is gorgeous. I don't know why. I remember she wore it when visiting and she got in the car and smelled amazing. She is a smoker to boot! I asked her what it was, and she said it was the Red Door perfume I gave her. So I bought another bottle at Winner's for $20, a good size, and will give it to her when I see her again. But on me, yikes, not sour, just too too.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2011 12:00:00 PM More reviews by Nola504

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My dad gave me this perfume years ago and interestingly enough, I get a lot of compliments on it and it's always from men. Must be something in it that appeals to them...IDK. This doesn't happen when I wear anything else.