April 18, 2014 | 2028 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - BIG

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2012 4:54:00 PM More reviews by Milee07

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This shampoo is very very clarifying. Good for oily scalps or limp hair.
My hair is already very very dry, coarse, and insanely frizzy. This shampoo seems to give me a little volume, not that I have limp hair, and leaves your hair squeaky clean for days!
I normally use this only once a month as my hair isn't very greasy, however use it to your liking. When I sprained my ankle a couple weeks ago and couldn't shower everyday, this shampoo kept my hair very clean.
However I could never use this everyday or every week as it is very stripping in my hair.
The scent of this shampoo is just SO good! When I smelled it in the store I thought it was the most disgusting scent ever. But in the shower, it magically changes to this amazing clean perfume-like scent.
The salt chunks may be harsh for sensitive scalps, but if you run some water under it, the salt will disolve.
I personally will not repurchase, but if you are interested definitely ask for a sample as this is pretty expensive.
Hope this was helpful xx

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2012 7:31:00 AM More reviews by glitteradi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow, this is the ONLY volumising shampoo which I tried that really delivers what it says. It is remarkable. I asked for a sample even though my hair already is naturally voluminous. I was only curious, because I had never seen anything like this. A salt shampoo wtf? But it is amazing and the smell is so good. The Lush person said that it might be drying for the hair, but I did not notice it drying my hair, In fact Godiva dries my hair out more. My hair was full of air after I washed with this and let it naturally dry. It was also so very soft. It truly is amazing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2012 12:43:00 AM More reviews by amswtr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using WEN for about 5 months now and I love it, but I saw many youtube videos on Lush products and this shampoo was on many must have lists. I was really suprised. the Big shampoo comes in a tub and it has a creamy light consistancy with lots of salt. I applied a small amount to my wet hair and I was shocked. It started lathering up immediately and my hair seemed to expand as I rubbed it in. I can only describe it as after you wash your hair and then you repeat the wash again and how lighter the hair feels when you apply the second coat of shampoo and the hair feels more airy. I can't really explain it that well. What I loved most about this shampoo is that it made my hair squeeky clean. I have oily hair so I like to get a deep clean. The smell is fantastic, very fresh and citrusy. I paired this with Veganese conditioner. After my hair dried, it felt so soft and very llight.I didn't experience any heaviness. I don't know if even I can use this daily because it does make the hair so clean, it might be too rough for my hair and I have oily roots. This would be great to use 1-2 times a week to clarify the hair.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2012 7:24:00 PM More reviews by bloodpony

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wanted to like this product, I really did.
I'm a huge Lush fan and got this product in a gift set. Honestly, it just didn't do anything for me. I didn't feel like it gave me any more body than normal and it didn't last long because I had to shampoo multiple times to get an appropriate lather/to make my hair feel clean.
My sister used it and she liked it but this one just isn't for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2012 12:07:00 PM More reviews by ilovejp

I've been a fan of this product for a few years. I have naturally curly hair and I blow dry it straight. I've always struggled finding products which add shine to my hair without causing frizz. This shampoo really works for me. It makes my hair super soft and shiny whilst cleaning it. I only use a small amount as it lathers up quite a lot. I combine using this with Moroccan oil to avoid any dryness however I've never experienced dryness not using the oil. I would definitely recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2012 4:09:00 PM More reviews by ahuang300

I got a sample of this from my Lush and I have to admit I did not like it the first time I used it. However, after a couple more uses, I've grown to adore this shampoo. It definitely is very unique because I've never used a grainy shampoo before. It smells great and cleans your hair and scalp really well. However, I will say that it kind of dries out my hair (probably the sea salt) which makes my hair very tangled and hard to work with when trying to apply conditioner.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2012 6:14:00 PM More reviews by JessMolesworth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i was so excited when i bought this because of the reviews. but i honestly didn't think it make my hair big in any way. it made it really shiny but it looked greesy. at first i hated the smell but i got used to it. wouldn't buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2012 11:09:00 PM More reviews by katiekatmeow

I love this shampoo! But not for what it's supposed to do. I have fine, straight, hair that gets oily really fast. This shampoo doesn't help me with volume, but it helps control the oil which is something amazing for me. I only put this on my scalp, i don't use it for the middle or bottom part of my hair. I only use this once or twice a week, I use a more gentle shampoo the other days.
PROS:
Controls oil
Smells great
Deep cleans hair
CONS:
Contains sodium lauryl sulfate, which is bad for you
Tangles hair easily

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2012 11:54:00 AM More reviews by Carlala

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

This was the first shampoo I've ever used that came in a big tub and had a grainy texture, so it was an interesting experience! The tub could've been made so that it is easier to close, but nevermind that. First off, the lather it could be worked into was great, and I only need an amount the size of my thumb to clean my hair completely (it's about five inches longer than my shoulders). My hair felt clean after one rinse, and the smell of the shampoo was so fresh! I found that this shampoo helps add volume to my hair (which is normally medium in thickness). When I wake up in the morning after washing with this at night, my hair doesn't feel as flat at the crown but keeps that "just washed", soft feel. Sadly, this product is quite hard to find where I live, but I now use Kerastase Bain Satin 1, which gives the same results (different washing experience though).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2012 4:20:00 PM More reviews by ciaraMUA

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I LOVE this shampoo. When I first bought it I was doubtful that it would lather up to get a good shampoo out of it, but surprising it does. It leaves my hair feeling soft and fresh and it smells lovely! My hair has a really glossy shine when it's dry and the smell lasts for days. Although it's rather pricey I really think it's worth the money.