October 24, 2014 | 1786 users online

Lotions/ Creams - TendSkin - Tend Skin

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2009 7:01:00 PM More reviews by prettypinkkitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

On the plus side - it really does what it's supposed to, getting rid of painful ingrown hairs. Which is awesome.

On the minus side - it makes my skin peel in sheets. Like plastic wrap. So just as ugly looking, just less painful. Also, smells like vinegar.

Also - for the love of all that is holy, do NOT put this on wet skin. It will burn and you will shriek.

Until I can find something that works just as well but doesn't cause me to look like I have a skin disorder, I'll use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2009 2:50:00 PM More reviews by shellslove

MY Absolute, #1, hands-down HG product for avoiding razor burn and ingrown hairs...ESPECIALLY in the bikini area =) I discovered this years ago and have never looked back. I've tried everything from bikini zone to DIY home remedies. Nothing has EVER helped me avoid razorburn on my somewhat sensitive skin, other than tendskin! I still get the occassional red bump, but overall, this is my miracle.

I won't lie...this can sting...but it WORKS! Fortunately my skin's reaction to this is brief, but I could see how some people could not deal with how harsh this product is - FYI it DOES contain aspirin which I think is the secret. I use this on any shaved area about 10 mins after exiting the shower, but before I step out of the steamy bathroom. The key is to work with it while your pores are still open, but this should be used only on DRY skin, as the package indicates. I'm not really sure if it's a chemical reaction or what, but the burn is much worse (and travels more) on wet skin.

Any shaved area gets so angry with me if I forgot my tendskin. I keep the little smpl bottles on hand for travelling, b/c I'd never be w/o this product. Yes, it's expensive - but so, so worth it. The largest bottle takes me about 3-6 mos to get through depending (I shave underarms, legs, and bikini area about 3x/wk on average.) On especially stubborn areas, I will use this the day after shaving as well to reduce ingrowns. Note again, this stings much less on completely dry skin. If you're very sensitive, use this at least 1 hr after a shower once pores close. May not work quite as well, but it won't bite back as much. I use an old soft towel to smooth this on my skin. I find a cotton ball or pad absorbs more of the product, deposits less on the affected area, and overall wastes more product. I have and will repurchase time and time again. I've tried other products from this line, but have only stuck with this one. I generally don't like the way the shaving gels, etc. smell. Yes, this smells like straightup rubbing alcohol which really bugs my fiance....my only big complaint! (But he still has stolen it many times when out of after shave...and even when he's fully stocked ;) Love it!

WARNING: especially for sensitive skin ladies. I've gotten what I believe to be chemical burns from this product in the past. The skin will STING like he!!, flush, turn red - eventually dissaptes for me - but I could see someone w/super senisitive skin having more permanent damage. I'm not knocking off a star - b/c sometimes beauty is pain and this stuff is AMAZING at what it does. However, I DO NOT think this is for all skin types, and would def. recommend doing a patch test before using over large areas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2009 8:02:00 PM More reviews by nowornever56

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Did not work. The only thing it did do was sting really bad. Did not help ingrown hairs, or razor burn, or any other little red bumps from shaving.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2009 1:42:00 PM More reviews by mjoy14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best stuff I've found for ingrown hairs. Being caramel colored, I try my hardest to avoid anything that will cause scarring... but shaving is a must! So is eyebrow waxing... this helps to minimize any horrible breakouts. So I know this stuff is effective for ingrown hairs.It's expensive but worth it. But be warned... it STINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2009 9:33:00 PM More reviews by juicycouture

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i'm african american and as such i am particularly prone to ingrown hairs. i have been using this for years and it works incredible well. there were times i couldn't get a hold of a bottle of this and would just grab one of those generic "bump stoppers" in the ethnic male shaving needs [these do not work half as well as tend skin, don't waste your time with them]. i like to keep my skin fairly hair free. i wax everything [armpits, legs, bikini area etc.]. though waxing SIGNIFICANTLY reduces the number of ingrown hairs i get [vs. shaving], i still can get a few if i don't use this. after i'm done with my waxing session i take a shower, pat my skin dry, then apply this. i place a few drops on a cotton pad then dab it on the area. yes, it stings, but i'd rather experience momentary pain that have ingrown hairs ruin my complexion. the next day i do the same thing, and it doesn't sting as much. i like to apply this once a day for about 2-3 days after waxing. that way i don't get ingrown hairs. if i've slacked on my usage of this and develop ingrown hairs, they usually subside within a week of use. it does have a vinegar smell as others have said, but i goes away within a few minutes of application. you may also note that a few days after usage your skin may get a little flaky [it is of course an exfoliant]. i usually remedy this by using a scrub or an exfoliating wash cloth in the shower then applying a moisturizer. if you've been suffering from ingrown hairs and have been unable to find relief, this will probably be your best bet.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2009 8:45:00 AM More reviews by Dragun

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I received samples of this product from the company directly. They have amazing customer service by the way.

Up front, let me say that while I did use the product in the way it's intended to be used, I also found it's a great cystic pimple reducer. It can be a little drying to facial skin, but I get hormonal breakouts and it worked wonders on them.

As for shaving bumps and ingrown hairs, another wonder.
One of the ingredients in the product listing is Isopropyl Alcohol, which can sting a bit on open skin. The Acetylsalicytic Acid is a common acne treatment ingredient.

I couldn't help but notice a vinager-y scent when I used it, but it faded quickly, although I was surprised to see there's no vinegar in it.

For those who feel it gets used up too quickly, I would recommend using a cotton swab (q-tip) to apply the product.
This way, you don't slop as much around where you don't need it.

Overall, I would highly recommend this product for it's outstanding performance and the really fantastic customer service.

Don't be fooled by imitators, this is the ORIGINAL product, and well worth the price.

I will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2009 8:25:00 AM More reviews by lovemygold

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Bought this on an online beauty store. It does exactly what it says on the bottle. For those of you who wax, shave, epilate the bikini area and then suffer the dreaded ingrown hairs later this will be of use to you. May sting a bit after you use it, but certainly helps to bring trapped hairs to the surface for easier removal. I was a bit sceptical at first, but It made a difference compared to the skin doctors brand.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2009 6:01:00 PM More reviews by Mebs786

This product does what it says and I have been using it for years. It is great to use after waxing to prevent ingrown hairs. Also I apply this to my face with a cotton pad after cleansing to control my acne. It has really improved my skin. I use it as a spot treatment on my blemishes.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2009 2:38:00 PM More reviews by emilykollaja

I agree that this product is very expensive, but despite that I think it does what it claims. I use it after shaving and I never get razor burn. This is also a life saver in preventing ingrown hairs. Definitely burns a little, when you use it directly after shaving, but only for a little.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2009 8:50:00 PM More reviews by micropipette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This worked to help prevent razor burn and bumps after shaving, but I think it is way too expensive for the results it delivers. Exfoliating before and after shaving prevents most of these problems for me. And I used a pore refining cleanser on my thighs to prevent the red, irritation bumps I sometimes get when I shave.

I wouldn't have a huge problem spending the money on this if it didn't get used up so quickly. I probably only used this like 10-15 times and its already half empty. If I used this regularly, I'd probably go through a bottle every month or so, which is sort of ridiculous.

I probably won't buy this again and will use the remaining amount I have when I need to wear a bathing suit or something.