Ben Nye Final Seal

4.4

Alcohol Denat, Water, Acrylates/ Octylacrlamide Copolymer, Triethanolamine,Propylene Glycol, Fragrance,Phenoxyethanol, Blue 1.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I agree with what msamber07 said below. It does keep makeup in place all day, but isn't an oil control product at least on my skin. I use it anyway even though it feels like your spitzing hair spray on your face.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I love Final Seal. It is an excellent product. Definitely keeps my makeup in place ALL DAY. I spray some onto a clean cosmetic sponge and just blot it all over my face once I'm completely done applying my cosmetic products. I've worn this stuff in 90-degree heat and high humidity and my face did not budge! Also, it doesn't break me out or cause any irritation. If I could give this a 10, I would! The only drawback is that I've only been able to find/purchase it on the Internet.

on 8/24/2010 2:52:00 PM

This schlack WORKS! Its basically like a hairspray for your face. So.. a makeup spray. It actually works as a hairspray as well :-)

on 7/23/2010 12:37:00 PM

This definitely keeps my makeup on all day, but it doesn't keep me from getting oily. It smells and feels very refreshing; very minty. It seems better than putting hairspray on your face, but essentially does the same job.

on 12/29/2009 9:49:00 PM

Ben Nye makes quality stuff, and this is definitely one of those products. I used more bottles than I can count back when I did theatre makeup. It really is like a varnish, sealing in heavy duty stage makeup. However, I really advise the average person to abstain from using this on a day to day basis. It's very very strong (most people I apply it to find that it makes the skin sting) and quite harsh on the skin. I find that over the course of 3 weeks, it can really wreck havoc on a person's face. This isn't made for daily use but to bind greasy pigmented stage makeup to the skin under lights for a performance.

on 12/6/2009 11:14:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I bought this based on the reviews on this site & I'm quite impressed with it. It does keep my make-up on for longer than usual, but it doesn't make it waterproof (it is really humid where I live & perspiration is a given).

I tried to mist it on (hold it 20cm from my face above my head so it misted down onto my face), but this just made all of my make-up look speckled & gross. My next attempt was to spray my Napoleon Perdis 22b blush brush with 2-3 spritzes of the final seal them sweep it over my face (eyelids included). I've found this gives the best result - no speckled look, only a nice smooth flawless foundation look.

It does sting my eyes for a few seconds while I wait for it to dry, but I just close my eyes & wait for this stinging sensation to subside - definitely not bad enough to stop me from using this everyday. I use this in the morn & do my gardening & go to gym in my make-up that has been final sealed & even my partner commented on how fresh my make-up looks after all of my hard work when I use this final seal.

I'll be getting the 200ml bottle next time for $30AU - it seems to be the best value & I think I'll be using it daily so I might as well get the 2nd largest bottle that I can.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

i was sick of my foundation and blush always coming off so i decided to try this. i also loved that it claimed to keep me matte, considering i have oily skin. after reading reviews and seeing that people had problems with the nozzle, i even bought an extra spray bottle but found that i didn't need it. my spray bottle works perfectly and mists perfectly. anyway, this keeps my foundation on and my blushes on and i am totally satisfied. the only problem is that this doesn't seem to keep me matte. i still get oily, but i suppose i will just have to deal.
edit: spraying this all over my face has been a problem. i don't like the idea of spraying my face, and i hate the way it feels after i've sprayed. and i don't like the smell either. it smells like strong rubbing alcohol. also, i have accidentally sprayed myself in the eye and ruined my makeup. not fun.
so overall, it keeps my makeup on, with the price of the bad smell, feeling and stinging of the gross liquid on your face, and not keeping you matte.

on 10/30/2009 11:01:00 PM

i recently applied ben nye cream makeup to my and my husband's face for a costume. this was amazing. we were both sweating but the perspiration did not interfere with the makeup at all. no smudges at all, after 10 hours. no problems removing with a cleansing oil. one warning: i closed my eyes to spray on, and this sealed my mascara-ed lashes to my face. next time, i would apply mascara after using final set.

on 9/25/2009 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this at a costume store and I was really happy to see Ben Nye products. I spritz this on and it has a menthol spearmint type of scent. The only reason I gave it a 4 instead of a 5 is because the spritzer bottle doesn't spray evenly. So for that reason you should take your powder brush and evenly blend the liquid. I find it helps control my oil from caking up my makeup. This product is especially good when you want to wear a full face of makeup and you know you'll be in the heat.

on 9/4/2009 9:47:00 PM

I can't speak to how this works with theater make-up, but I wouldn't recommend this product as a make-up setting spray for the average person. I bought this because I was looking for a cheaper alternative to the Make Up Forever Mist and Fix (my favorite make-up setting product). This definitely isn't it.
While when I first started using it, it did seal my make-up well, I found that the effect was short-lived compared to that of the MUFE spray, and it wasn't sweatproof or waterproof. Then, after using this daily for a few weeks, I noticed that my foundation and primer would start flaking off a few hours after applying it because the alcohol was so drying.
Also, I found that this isn't mattifying at all--actually, I think that it makes my face look shiny when it isn't even oily yet.

Popular Other Products