NARS Lovejoy

4.4

on 7/10/2010 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Lovejoy is a plummy pink kind of color with some shimmer which isn't even noticeable on the skin. I'm an NC45 man and Cadiz in NARS and the color shows up as a soft brownish plum pink, very natural. Unlike most NARS blushes, the pigmentation isn't very strong and I have to load up my brush with the product and it wears off quickly as well. This will be my go to everyday blush, but when I'm finished with it I won't repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This blush is still hard for me to figure out. Lol. It's like a blush and bronzer in one! I layered this over my Laguna bronzer and it made the bronze pop. But alone, this looks like a sun kissed rose. I really like this color and this is a nice change from the everyday peach or pink blush I wear. I will definately buy this again. :)

on 6/26/2010 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Gorgeous, bronzey-rose color with gold shimmer. I love this on my NW25-30 tanned skin. It makes my cheeks look sun-kissed, sexy and glowing. There is a but more shimmer in it that I like however I usually apply with a light hand over a brown-pink cream blusher and it looks absolutely amazing on. I would repurchase this one!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Not for my skin type. I thought i could use this as a bronzer in the summer... But no. This has too much red base and looks brass.
A little does go a long way and i find its worth it to some one with the right coloring. My girlfriend with Olive complection just loves this... As i gifted it to her the other day =)

on 6/8/2010 6:25:00 PM

I have fair medium skin tone, or nw20 for referance. I got this blush after I exchanged Orgasm cause I wasnt feeling all the gold shimmer it just made my skin look oily, it accentuated every imperfection and pores. Sooooo, I picked up this one cause it's summer and I like that bronzy glowy look. This blush done lightly looks gorgeous on my light skin. It has the right amount of golden bronze mixed with a rosy healthy glow. It is hard to describe how beautiful this color is. The closest I can get is if I did my makeup and just put laguna bronzer on my cheeks and spent an afternoon relaxing in central park and got a little rosy and glowy from the sun and a light walk. That's how this makes me look! Lol!!!!! Love it! <333

on 5/17/2010 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This was my first NARS blush that I used. The color payoff is amazing and the color glides on very smoothly. The thing I love about this blush is that you don't have to pack your brush with loads of the product, you need very little to achieve the right amount of flushed color. If your an NC40 skin color, you definitely need to check out this blush. Very gorgeous and very wearable. :)

on 5/2/2010 7:08:00 PM

i really love the colour of this blush and the fact that it's very buildable. the subtle gold glitters in it aren't nearly as obvious on the skin as they are in the pan which is nice because i was a little intimidated at first. this blush also provides for a very smooth application and blends easily.

I like this blush on my NC 45 skin, but it isn't a MUST BUY for me. It could pitch hit as bronzer and I use it for my most neutral looks. I said No on the repurchase because I doubt I will ever finish it.

I do use it though... as far as Nars goes, I think Gina and Torrid are my fav blushes.

on 5/1/2010 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I bought Lovejoy last summer for $25 at Sephora. It looked so beautiful on my MAC NW43 skin that I went back and bought a backup. Shortly after buying it I began breaking out on my cheeks. The blush was so georgeous that I just kept using it until I had to face the reality that it didn't work for my combination/sensitive skin. It is such a beautiful color, but it is too harsh for my skin.

on 4/29/2010 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Lovely bronze-y rose blush, more bronze than rose. I have light to medium skin, and sometimes when I apply this, it comes out as more of a brown blush, then a natural looking flush. I feel I probably need to save this for when I have a little color on my face from the summer months. I really like using this as a change from my normal peach and pink blushes. It gives my skin a slight "kissed from the sun" look. I don't have much trouble with my brush picking up too much color, but it's definitely not something you want to pile on if you're fair. For reference, I wear Medium Beige in Bare Escentuals, Sunny Beige in Laura Mercier Oil-Free Foundation, and Sand in Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation.

Popular Blush Products