April 24, 2014 | 1485 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Frost - Sable

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2011 6:46:00 AM More reviews by icklepixie

A gorgeous plum brown with pinky bronze shimmer. beautifully pigmented and really suits any eye colour - especially blue & green.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2011 5:09:00 AM More reviews by Ashleyx56

My favorite eyeshadow. I almost didn't buy this color and once I did I swatched it a few times and it took me over a week to finally use it but it was love the first time I put it on. It's a gorgeous purple-y taupe with a lot of red in it. Really brings out blue eyes. It's great alone but I love it on the outer 2/3 of the lid with Dazzlelight in the inner 1/3 and browbone, Satin Taupe in the crease, lower lashline and outer v and Teddy eye kohl smudged on the upper lashline. Super easy and casual and looks great with my blue eyes and dark hair. I bought Milani Java Bean thinking it would be a good dupe for Sable since that's what I read online. I love Java Bean so I bought Sable and they are NOT alike. Java bean is much darker and much more brown. It's like a mix of Sable and Mulch but not a dupe for either.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2011 9:24:00 AM More reviews by ladehc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love Sable! It's so pretty, a lovely purpleish brownish reddish color. So great for every day. Very pigmented, super silky, very blendable. Love!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2011 1:39:00 AM More reviews by meganterese

I love how this color looks with my green eyes. It's the perfect mix of brown and plum ad has become my new everyday favorite!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2011 6:36:00 PM More reviews by megs85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I adore this color, though I think it was one I bought before, didn't like it then purchased it again. The second time was the charm! I also like wearing Sable with purples, like Shadow Lady and Vibrant Grape(especially pretty combo). Great color, glad I gave it another try.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2011 11:06:00 PM More reviews by sallysellsseashells

Hot Dog, this is pigmented! MAC e/s are funny some are extremely pigmented some not so much. Sable, I love you and happy I have you in my life. Color: shimmery medium warm toned brown bronze with a slight hint of red. Staying power lasted all night with Lorac primer. Sable can go with a lot of different colors as it is a reliable brown. A look I do is line eyes with MAC Teddy, apply MAC Femme Fi over entire lid, apply MAC Sable on lid up to crease, blend NYX Walnut along the crease and into Sable and highlight with Lorac Au Natural. I know we own tons of brown e/s but Sable does stand out and is worth having in your stash.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2011 12:03:00 PM More reviews by marija55

Very pretty brown/bronze(with red undertones).It is a really pretty brown with a bit of shimmer, and looks amazing in the crease. I use this for an everyday look, as i love it so much!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2011 3:53:00 PM More reviews by malabu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The color in itself is nice and will probably suit many (I see I'm the minority here), but for my cool toned skin (blue-green eyes) it can turn out a bit red/too warm so I have to be very careful where I apply it. Sometimes I succeed, but many times I don't and I look tired instead. It also takes some time for me to blend, I feel like I torture my skin with all the blending. All the very positive reviews here must be because people's complexion brings out the color in a nicer way than mine. To be honoust, Satin Taupe is a better alternative for me since it has cool undertones to it. I will not buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2010 4:32:00 AM More reviews by emivnc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

If I had to pick one MAC shadow to use for neutral daytime looks, I think this would have to be it. It's a lovely shimmery dusty rose colour that makes my hazel eyes stand out. It can be blended with brown, pink or purple shadows to create a variety of looks - it even looks great on its own. I've received a number of compliments when wearing this shadow! If you have pale colouring and hazel or green eyes this would probably be a wonderful shade for you, though it would likely look good with pretty much any eye colour. Definitely a favourite!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2010 3:54:00 PM More reviews by maan84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Sable is the cousin of Satin Taupe. Very versatile color. I'd describe is as a shimmery plummy taupe/brown with a hint of bronze in it. I've used it often since I bought it. I usually use it as an all-over-wash color on the days when I have little time to do my makeup (most days to be honest).
The quality is excellent. It's soft and smooth making it super easy to apply. It has super pretty finish, great pigmentation and lasts all day long. I highly recommend it! I will definitely continue to buy it. Love it. It is definitely one of my fave MAC eye shadows. continued >>