April 16, 2014 | 1399 users online

Bronzers - Rimmel - Sun Shimmer Bronzing Compact Powder (ALL)

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2005 7:33:00 PM More reviews by silly_sausage

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This bronzer is pretty good....the best i have found so far at least. Be careful not to use too much as you can end up looking orange! I learnt that the hard way!!! Anyway, if i use a tiny amount i get a nice colour. By the way, my skin is slightly tanned. Bit shimmery for my liking too, but not as bad a s some i have tried. Overall: Good product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2005 5:00:00 PM More reviews by thechesirekitty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this bronzer gives my skin this awesome glowy look without being to bronze or cakey. i wish it came with an applicator, but at least i get to use my own natural bristle brush to apply it. only slight complaint was the tiny bits of glitter i could see in the packaging, but they don't show up on your skin at all. HG bronzer.
P.S. i have oily skin with largish pores and this also minimizes my pores without settling in them.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2005 6:33:00 PM More reviews by mwright08

It doesn't go on very dark, or extremely heavy so you can adjust the amount you want.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2005 5:40:00 PM More reviews by Brianne1114

Excellent bronzer! I have Sun Light (the lightest shade) and it looks very natural on my NW20 skin. Such a bargain at only $3, I will definitely repurchase if I ever run out.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2005 11:36:00 AM More reviews by MissChievous

I find this bronzer goes on kind of streaky. I like the fact that it has an SPF of 8 though, but it's nothing special.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2005 1:31:00 PM More reviews by Megmac

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A great natural looking bronzer, perfect for that sunkissed look. It has also lasted me ages.

I also think it's cute that it has a sun printed on the powder lol.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2005 5:29:00 AM More reviews by kittyfairie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I only use bronzer for when I go out in the night or as a blusher substitute, so take that into account. The colour I have is 'sun bronze' I think , and worked well for my medium olive, light medium in winter or when im being a recluse :p, but anyway the colour was better than a few more expensive bronzers I tried in the summer, more natural. Though I don't put on so much bronzer my skin tone is suddenly a shade or two darker, I just use a very little. I havent experimented with that and it could look really bad if you use it heavily for all I know. It is very smooth applicating and blends well, easy to get off if you accidentally put too much on. Most bronzers will cause an allergic reaction for me, I dont know what they put in the stuff, but they do. This was ok for me, but then like I said, I hardly ever use bronzer. It also has a small amount of SPF, which is nice!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2005 8:17:00 PM More reviews by oiseaubleu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i had been eyeing this product since i first noticed it last summer, but it wasn't until last week that i finally bought one in the color, SUN LIGHT, to try. why did i wait so long!? there are a few reasons why i think everyone needs to try it for themselves, so i'll break it down like this:

1. it's only $3! and widely available to the masses. (i got mine at walmart.)

2. the color is very flattering, which would, i'd imagine, make it suitable for even the lightest of skintones. (i, myself, being warm-toned & on the medium side, but a bit lighter by the end of winter) SUN LIGHT has this ability to totally brighten my face and makes me look as if i've spent a little time in the sun, only without the initial redness. i simply apply the bronzer to the areas of my face the sun would hit naturally--cheeks, bridge of nose, forehead, and chin--and i get the perfect glow.

3. it completely brightens up the complexion. it's not overly shimmery or frosty. yes, it's called, SunShimmer, but it sould be called SunGlow, because it looks almost matte in pan, but upon closer inspection, you can see all the ultra-tiny shimmer particles. so subtle and gorgeous!

4. it lasts ALL day and NEVER turns orange! (if you weren't convinced before to try it, this little fact should speak volumes.)

5. the amount of product you get is huge! it will last so long, but i may get a shade darker for the summer months, as, for some reason, my face does not get as tan as the rest of my body and i much prefer to be even-toned!

6. did i mention it's only $3!? this has got to be better than spending close to $30 on NARS's Laguna, right? i really can't see how it could be any better than Rimmel's...

so, i think i covered all the bases. if not, i can always edit to add more! oh, and if it matters at all, i test-drove this product for 2 weeks before reviewing, so i could give it a fair review.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2005 5:35:00 PM More reviews by red_lipgloss

I really liked this but I think I bought one of last summers products because it got streaky not long after I opened it. Anyways, I got Sun Light and when I first started using it it was nice a natural for my fair skin and it'n not chunky glittery. Will be using this this summer, but I will buy a new one because I honestly think my Walmart re-shelves stuff from last year...I will have to check...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2005 2:30:00 PM More reviews by harrup

I'm always trying to brighten up my dull winter complexion. I have more bronzers than I care to admit or count. Ranging from Giorgio Armani, Lauder, Dior to...Rimmel. Rimmel is by far the best. No contest. Unlike many others the product only has a faint subtle shimmer, just enough to make my face look "healthy" and glowing. I use the lighter of the two shades and I would highly recommend it to anyone. Sure, the Armani bronzer IS nice, too, but it looks no better than this one, and the price tag is, quite frankly absurd. And you don't get a better product for it.