September 30, 2014 | 1787 users online

Bronzers - Rimmel - Sun Shimmer Bronzing Compact Powder (ALL)

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2005 9:12:00 PM More reviews by sarahbella1012

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have looked for this product - in Sun Light - for MONTHS and of course I find it now, in October. It leaves a nice, light bronze glow (now that my summer color is gone - NW20 skin), without all the shimmer. I prefer it to my Milani bronzer AND my Shiseido bronzer. For $3.27 at Meijer, you can't go wrong. UPDATE: 3/31/06 - The Milani bronzer in Touch O Sun blows this away and is my new HG!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/15/2005 12:46:00 PM More reviews by LouLouC

Produces only the slightest hint of color - too minimal. The packaging is awful too - cap does not screw back on correctly so it's hard to travel with this one. It's dirt cheap (and even cheaper for me since I bought it in Argentina!) but not worth it. I will go back to Estee Lauder for my bronzer.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2005 10:30:00 AM More reviews by ANGELiK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this bronzer everyday for a year now and I'm just now starting to see the metal bottom of the case. I apply it to my cheeks, nose and shoulders with a big blusher and it helps to give me a warm, healthy glow. I use more in the summer, to accent and even-out my tan and to warm-up my face in the winter. My only wish is that the lid to the compact was "snap-on" and not "screw-on"... that's just a pet-peeve of mine with all compact-cases. Otherwise, it's a very good, and cheap (under $10) product and I will definitely buy it again & again!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2005 7:33:00 PM More reviews by silly_sausage

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This bronzer is pretty good....the best i have found so far at least. Be careful not to use too much as you can end up looking orange! I learnt that the hard way!!! Anyway, if i use a tiny amount i get a nice colour. By the way, my skin is slightly tanned. Bit shimmery for my liking too, but not as bad a s some i have tried. Overall: Good product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2005 5:00:00 PM More reviews by thechesirekitty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this bronzer gives my skin this awesome glowy look without being to bronze or cakey. i wish it came with an applicator, but at least i get to use my own natural bristle brush to apply it. only slight complaint was the tiny bits of glitter i could see in the packaging, but they don't show up on your skin at all. HG bronzer.
P.S. i have oily skin with largish pores and this also minimizes my pores without settling in them.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2005 6:33:00 PM More reviews by mwright08

It doesn't go on very dark, or extremely heavy so you can adjust the amount you want.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2005 5:40:00 PM More reviews by Brianne1114

Excellent bronzer! I have Sun Light (the lightest shade) and it looks very natural on my NW20 skin. Such a bargain at only $3, I will definitely repurchase if I ever run out.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2005 11:36:00 AM More reviews by MissChievous

I find this bronzer goes on kind of streaky. I like the fact that it has an SPF of 8 though, but it's nothing special.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2005 1:31:00 PM More reviews by Megmac

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A great natural looking bronzer, perfect for that sunkissed look. It has also lasted me ages.

I also think it's cute that it has a sun printed on the powder lol.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2005 5:29:00 AM More reviews by kittyfairie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I only use bronzer for when I go out in the night or as a blusher substitute, so take that into account. The colour I have is 'sun bronze' I think , and worked well for my medium olive, light medium in winter or when im being a recluse :p, but anyway the colour was better than a few more expensive bronzers I tried in the summer, more natural. Though I don't put on so much bronzer my skin tone is suddenly a shade or two darker, I just use a very little. I havent experimented with that and it could look really bad if you use it heavily for all I know. It is very smooth applicating and blends well, easy to get off if you accidentally put too much on. Most bronzers will cause an allergic reaction for me, I dont know what they put in the stuff, but they do. This was ok for me, but then like I said, I hardly ever use bronzer. It also has a small amount of SPF, which is nice!