August 1, 2014 | 1937 users online

Bronzers - Rimmel - Sun Shimmer Bronzing Compact Powder (ALL)

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 9/15/2005 12:46:00 PM More reviews by LouLouC

Produces only the slightest hint of color - too minimal. The packaging is awful too - cap does not screw back on correctly so it's hard to travel with this one. It's dirt cheap (and even cheaper for me since I bought it in Argentina!) but not worth it. I will go back to Estee Lauder for my bronzer.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2005 10:30:00 AM More reviews by ANGELiK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this bronzer everyday for a year now and I'm just now starting to see the metal bottom of the case. I apply it to my cheeks, nose and shoulders with a big blusher and it helps to give me a warm, healthy glow. I use more in the summer, to accent and even-out my tan and to warm-up my face in the winter. My only wish is that the lid to the compact was "snap-on" and not "screw-on"... that's just a pet-peeve of mine with all compact-cases. Otherwise, it's a very good, and cheap (under $10) product and I will definitely buy it again & again!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2005 7:33:00 PM More reviews by silly_sausage

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This bronzer is pretty good....the best i have found so far at least. Be careful not to use too much as you can end up looking orange! I learnt that the hard way!!! Anyway, if i use a tiny amount i get a nice colour. By the way, my skin is slightly tanned. Bit shimmery for my liking too, but not as bad a s some i have tried. Overall: Good product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2005 5:00:00 PM More reviews by thechesirekitty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this bronzer gives my skin this awesome glowy look without being to bronze or cakey. i wish it came with an applicator, but at least i get to use my own natural bristle brush to apply it. only slight complaint was the tiny bits of glitter i could see in the packaging, but they don't show up on your skin at all. HG bronzer.
P.S. i have oily skin with largish pores and this also minimizes my pores without settling in them.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2005 6:33:00 PM More reviews by mwright08

It doesn't go on very dark, or extremely heavy so you can adjust the amount you want.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2005 5:40:00 PM More reviews by Brianne1114

Excellent bronzer! I have Sun Light (the lightest shade) and it looks very natural on my NW20 skin. Such a bargain at only $3, I will definitely repurchase if I ever run out.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2005 11:36:00 AM More reviews by MissChievous

I find this bronzer goes on kind of streaky. I like the fact that it has an SPF of 8 though, but it's nothing special.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2005 1:31:00 PM More reviews by Megmac

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A great natural looking bronzer, perfect for that sunkissed look. It has also lasted me ages.

I also think it's cute that it has a sun printed on the powder lol.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2005 5:29:00 AM More reviews by kittyfairie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I only use bronzer for when I go out in the night or as a blusher substitute, so take that into account. The colour I have is 'sun bronze' I think , and worked well for my medium olive, light medium in winter or when im being a recluse :p, but anyway the colour was better than a few more expensive bronzers I tried in the summer, more natural. Though I don't put on so much bronzer my skin tone is suddenly a shade or two darker, I just use a very little. I havent experimented with that and it could look really bad if you use it heavily for all I know. It is very smooth applicating and blends well, easy to get off if you accidentally put too much on. Most bronzers will cause an allergic reaction for me, I dont know what they put in the stuff, but they do. This was ok for me, but then like I said, I hardly ever use bronzer. It also has a small amount of SPF, which is nice!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2005 8:17:00 PM More reviews by oiseaubleu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i had been eyeing this product since i first noticed it last summer, but it wasn't until last week that i finally bought one in the color, SUN LIGHT, to try. why did i wait so long!? there are a few reasons why i think everyone needs to try it for themselves, so i'll break it down like this:

1. it's only $3! and widely available to the masses. (i got mine at walmart.)

2. the color is very flattering, which would, i'd imagine, make it suitable for even the lightest of skintones. (i, myself, being warm-toned & on the medium side, but a bit lighter by the end of winter) SUN LIGHT has this ability to totally brighten my face and makes me look as if i've spent a little time in the sun, only without the initial redness. i simply apply the bronzer to the areas of my face the sun would hit naturally--cheeks, bridge of nose, forehead, and chin--and i get the perfect glow.

3. it completely brightens up the complexion. it's not overly shimmery or frosty. yes, it's called, SunShimmer, but it sould be called SunGlow, because it looks almost matte in pan, but upon closer inspection, you can see all the ultra-tiny shimmer particles. so subtle and gorgeous!

4. it lasts ALL day and NEVER turns orange! (if you weren't convinced before to try it, this little fact should speak volumes.)

5. the amount of product you get is huge! it will last so long, but i may get a shade darker for the summer months, as, for some reason, my face does not get as tan as the rest of my body and i much prefer to be even-toned!

6. did i mention it's only $3!? this has got to be better than spending close to $30 on NARS's Laguna, right? i really can't see how it could be any better than Rimmel's...

so, i think i covered all the bases. if not, i can always edit to add more! oh, and if it matters at all, i test-drove this product for 2 weeks before reviewing, so i could give it a fair review.