MAC Matte Bronze

4.2

Zinc Stearate, Isostearyl Palmitate, Lauroyl Lysine, Silica, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Magnesium Myristate, Phenoxyethanol [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine, Chromium Oxide Greens, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Manganese Violet, Ultramarines, Yellow 5 Lake]

on 9/1/2011 4:57:00 PM

HG Bronzer for this light-tanned NC30/C4 asian. It gives my cheeks a healthy, glowy, believable pink tanned flush with ZERO shimmer and a natural, matte look. Not chalky or powdery. I apply with the MAC 109 on the apples of my cheeks and slightly up the temples and it is the perfect natural blushing color. It's the cheek color I reach for most often and compliments ANY lippie shade. LOVE!

on 8/20/2011 7:26:00 AM

I just bought this off StrawberryNET and have used it a couple of times. I already really like it. I found it so hard to find a bronzer that had no shimmer and wasn't 'red-toned' that came out on my skin too pinky/red and made me look dirty as cheaper bronzers did. Maybe as this was my first high-end bronzer I could be biased but it really seems perfect and definitely worth the extra money.I use a light hand as I hate the fake orange look and it comes out looking like my skin is 'sun-kissed' which I love!!

on 7/4/2011 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I absolutely loathe shimmery bronzers or bronzers with chunks of glitter. So matte bronze was a godsend for me! I am of medium skin tone and this works perfectly to give me a nice healthy glow without making me look orange or dirty. I always apply it with a light-hand using a fluffy angled brush. It also works nicely as an eyeshadow :) Great formula: not too powdery and well-pigmented. Will definitely repurchase as I am about to hit pan soon~

Love this bronzer. I was after a bronzer without all that shimmer and glitter and this is it. I have fair skin so I dont use too much of this and it looks natural!

on 5/19/2011 4:26:00 PM

Pros: Matte, makes my warmer lippies look better on my face, can get a very natural-looking application that does not look like I am wearing any makeup. No sparkle, shimmer, or glitter of any kind, flattering, and good for work/school. Does not look orange at all on me.

Cons: Price.

I bought it because the SA was so helpful and kind to me. But there are $1 bronzers out there that will do the same job. Get those instead.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I like this bronzer because it looks natural on my skin tone and it has absolutely NO sparkles or glitter! I use this for contouring my cheekbones, jawline, temples, and nose. For about $23 it seems like you get a nice amount of product and considering that i only use this for contouring, im assuming that this bronzer will last me a long long time. My only complaint about this bronzer is that i think the product is too tightly packed. I kind of have to really press my brush into the product to pick up some product. Im still undecided on whether i would buy this again... but overall im happy with my purchase.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Already repurchased. This is my FAVORITE bronzer. Better than any I have previously used. Adds a LOVELY colour to my cheeks. Lasts well. No breakouts. PERFECT! Lasts a long time as well.

on 3/24/2011 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I use the Matte Bronze on an almost daily basis. It gives a great subtle tan to my skin without any orange look. The matte texture allows for the bronze effect to be natural (vs. something with shimmer). I typically use a large, fluffy brush to apply this bronzer all over my face but it can also be used to contour the face with a smaller, more dense brush. For example, it looks great when used to contour around my nose. The Matte Bronze bronzer works best for Lighter to slight Medium tones as otherise it tends to blend into the skin too much. For $23, this bronzer is a great value because it really lasts.

on 3/21/2011 4:21:00 PM

I like this bronzer, it gives me a nice glow and only a little bit of product is needed to achieve the bronzed look. However, mine has broken after being in my makeup bag being transported from place to place, so I was disappointed that this product broke so easily. Having said this, I would buy this again as I like the colour of the product itself, I also use it to contour.

on 2/28/2011 5:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I am a bronzer junky, I love bronzers as I feel they really give the skin an extra boost. I do like this bronzer, however I think there are better things out there and I'm on the hunt for that amazing bronzer.
I use this as a contour and sometimes as an overall bronzer, I love the packaging cuz it has a mirror, which Mac needs to start putting in their compacts.
This bronzer is mostly matte, although I think there is a slight teeny tiny irridescents in it, which doest bother me, and it mostly does look matte when put on the skin. I remember putting this on someone who was an NC35-37 and it looked amazing and gave the nicest flush of color to their face. But on me (NC30) I gotta use a lighter hand.
Overall I'm not sure if I would buy this product again not because its a bad product or anything but just because I think there are so many choices out there, both drugstore and highend.

Popular Bronzers