Maybelline Ultra Liner Waterproof

3.0

on 11/8/2012 7:29:00 PM

Color is good, goes on smoothly. The brush bristles are really short. Also, it doesn't last. It starts to crumble off after 5 or so hours. It looks good once it's on, but it slowly deteriorates. I wouldn't get it again.

on 10/21/2012 2:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

My eyes tear up as if I'm forever watching A Walk To Remember every second of my life. It's pretty bad. Which is why I chose to try out this eye liner! I was using MAC's fluid liner but needed something more durable for the water works.

CONS: It's like when they labeled this waterproof, there was supposed to be the long list of side effects on another label or whatever. I've never used a product that flaked (like this). I don't appreciate the fact that it has a shiny finish instead of a matte finish. I also don't appreciate the fact that this liner hates my eyelashes/falsies. Makes both my lashes and falsies break. No bueno for me. I have Asian lashes.

PROS: Stays on relatively long. A lot of people hate the brush but you know, I kind of like it. Also dries fast. I don't have to worry about positioning my eye all stupid-like to make sure it doesn't get everywhere. The consistency of the formula isn't too bad either.

TIPS: So it won't stick on my lashes too much, I use my mascara RIGHT after applying the liner so the wand can de-clump it. Also, if you use falsies such as I, DO NOT go over your falsies with this liner. It'll ruin the living heck out of them.

on 10/18/2012 8:28:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

My issue with this eyeliner is that it flakes off. It doesn't do it all the time, but it does it enough to annoy me. The brush is decent, which was a bit of a surprise.

on 9/22/2012 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I've used this for several years and recently tried Urban Decay's 24/7 liner... and I actually like this product a lot better, for half the price.

The brush is pretty hard to work with but the liner itself is incredibly durable and looks good. The packaging sucks so it does cake around the edges but I find it lasts far longer than any other liner I've tried.

on 9/17/2012 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

-Not waterproof at all
-flakes like there is no tomorrow
-irritates my eyes
-FLAKES

on 9/12/2012 5:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I currently bought about my 4th bottle of this stuff! I do not have to put primer on before hand and it is incredibly waterproof! I can go swimming, cry, sweat and it will not budge! I only recommend this to people who have experience with liquid eyeliners because the brush can be hard to work with. The packaging is the only negative about it. Seems that formula dries around lid a lot and brush gets dry sometimes also from that. PLUS I am allergic to some liquid eyeliners and this will not make my eye itchy or have a swollen eye ha so that is a plus!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I love this product! First if all, as a liquid liner junkie, I don't have time to sit in front of my vanity in the morning rushing to do my makeup and suddenly stopping to wait for my liquid liner to dry with one eye closed before moving onto the next eye. I want things fast and quick to dry. And so far, this has given that with amazing pigmentation and a lasting staying power. I also love yhe applicator, compared to WNW mega liner, thid one with the longer wand is easier to maneuver along my lashline and easier yo flick to create a good wing. I woulf wish for it to have s more tapered end though, I find that I couldn't really make my line and my wing to be exactly thin enough. But for the price, this thing does its job well beyond my expectations.

on 8/26/2012 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Was very disappointed in this product. I had been using line stiletto for months and LOVED it. I went to buy more and it was out of stock, so I tried ultra liner. I wouldn't mind it other than the fact that it is usually half flaked off by the time I arrive at my destination. Totally not anything like the line stiletto and not worth the money.

on 8/16/2012 12:15:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

For the longest time this was my go to liquid drugstore eyeliner (I've recently switched to the maybelline gel eyeliner pot). This best part about this product is its ability to last the whole day if applied correctly, and its color is nice too. Absolutely hate the brush though this stuff can be a pain to wing.

on 8/15/2012 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

i bought this once [ i think it came in a kit thing with some other maybelline products ] and when i opened it the little stopper thing wasnt there. i could never bring myself to retry it :/