August 30, 2014 | 1185 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Ultra Liner Waterproof

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2012 12:15:00 AM More reviews by Bryz30

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

For the longest time this was my go to liquid drugstore eyeliner (I've recently switched to the maybelline gel eyeliner pot). This best part about this product is its ability to last the whole day if applied correctly, and its color is nice too. Absolutely hate the brush though this stuff can be a pain to wing.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/15/2012 11:56:00 PM More reviews by sigiliaxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

i bought this once [ i think it came in a kit thing with some other maybelline products ] and when i opened it the little stopper thing wasnt there. i could never bring myself to retry it :/

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2012 11:20:00 PM More reviews by MissKassafrass

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

First of all, this is NOT waterproof. I originally bought this to wear to the pool and the beach, but any little bit of water and it is running down my face. BUT what this lacks in waterproofness, it makes up for in staying power. Now I use this for every day, and it really lasts. The applicator brush is easy to make either a thick or a thin line. The color is also perfect... it is dark without the harshness of black.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2012 5:09:00 PM More reviews by KiKiDisney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Ok if you are going to jump in a pool or if you are getting married or doing something that involves being in water, this is a great eyeliner. It seriously does not come off easily at all. The swatches on my hands lasted like 2 days. It was crazy. Luckly it is not very hard to get it off of your eyes with makeup remover. It dries quickly and it stays put. It has a matte finish which some people may not like but it lasts a really long time. My only problem with it is that is a brush applicator and sometimes you can get way too much on your eye and sometimes it can get on your lashes too but the pros outweigh the cons.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2012 4:58:00 AM More reviews by cheetahlicious

The only reason I give it a 1 is because it is cheap other than that would not buy it again, it is dark but the tip for me was horrible I tried many different liquid eyeliners and this was the hardest to control. It smudges easily and takes a while to dry. During the day it flakes and the rest was hard to take off for some reason even with make up remover. Sometimes I would take a nap and wake up with flakes under my eyes, will not buy again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2012 6:20:00 PM More reviews by Paulygirl21

I agree with MiniandBoss, this stuff is awful. The brush is flimsy, the formula too wet and too slow to dry. If that wasn't enough, it burned my eyes and flaked like crazy. Went right back to my old eyeliner pencils after chucking this into the garbage.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2012 2:47:00 AM More reviews by ninjaxbby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this product is not that great. It starts to harden and you can even feel it. Also, it's not waterproof. Never buying this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2012 10:37:00 PM More reviews by mandybecca

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Alright, I'm going to address some of the complaints about this product directly and give everyone a realistic view of the quality of this eyeliner.
I use this liner almost daily, and I love it for winging, it's the only thing that doesn't smudge, BUT there are tricks to using this eyeliner.
Many of the reviews have noted that this eyeliner flakes, or it peels off, and yes, that can be true. You can rub this liner off if you try hard enough and if you pick up one of the ends you may be able to peel it off. That being said if you use this liner properly you can still get 10-12 hours worth of wear out of it and have it look lovely and never budge.
I apply this liner AFTER all of my other makeup. I use a eye concealer/primer combo from Almay on my lids and I apply all of my shadow, or highlight if I'm going light for the day, and I curl my lashes and apply all coats of my mascara. THEN I close my eyes and carefully line my eyes. It is the very last thing I do. I let the liner dry completely and I don't go over the same line twice, one thin line stays far better than layers do with this product. When I do this, this product never budges nor flakes. and I have combo/oily (in the summer) skin.
If you're looking to wing your liner and not have it run down your face this is a good option, but beware that if you use this liner improperly you're probably going to have issues akin to what other reviewers here have had; namely, flaking and peeling.
I gave this liner a 3 because I wish the brush were slightly thinner/more tapered and for the potential issues that can arise if it is not applied appropriately.
Is it the worst liner? No. Is the best liner? No. It's a 6 dollar waterproof liner, what you you expect? But I hope this review sheds a more realistic light on to this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2012 8:34:00 AM More reviews by sbiringer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for several years because it is the only eyeliner that is waterproof and stays put on my oily eye lids. I always prime my eyes with UD primer potion. I apply around 7am and it lasts me until I take it off late at night. Even lasted all day during my recent Vegas vacation in 100+ degree weather and staying up until the wee hours of the morning and even in the pool. I never have to worry about this liner failing. One thing I do not do is use it to line my lower lash line. It's tricky to apply in that spot and it will sometimes flake. But I will continue to buy this because it is the only eye liner that stays.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/15/2012 5:21:00 AM More reviews by elizzz07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I purchased this eyeliner on a whim but I should have checked MUA beforehand since it hasn't gotten very good reviews... Personally, I didn't like this eyeliner because it burns when I apply it and although it doesn't smudge, it does flake (almost completely) by the end of the day. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone nor repurchase.