Bare Escentuals Faux Tan

4.2

Water (Aqua/Eau), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dihydroxyacetone, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Sorbitan Isostearate, Xanthan Gum, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/Vp Copolymer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Saccharomyces/Copper Ferment, Ascorbic Acid, Retinyl Palmitate, Sodium Metabisulfite, Tocopheryl Acetate, Trisodium EDTA, Octapeptide-5, Phenoxyethanol, Geraniol, Linalool, Limonene, Fragrance (Parfum). May Contain: Red 40 (CI 16035), Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Blue 1 (CI 42090).

on 5/25/2011 11:43:00 AM

I am SO happy I bought this self tanner!! I just applied it for the first time last night and I already have a nice brown tan!

I always use gloves to apply self tanner so I did not have any issues with stained palms like some of the other users. I thought the smell was much better than most self tanners, there was no glitter (like L'Oreal Sublime Bronzer) and the color is far superior to other self tanners I've tried (again L'Oreal's product gives you more of an orangey color, whereas this is a nice brown).

It is definitely worth the $22!!

on 5/21/2011 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I LOVE this self tanner! I've tried the St. Topez bronzing mousse, and this one works better and is cheaper! It gives you a great looking tan that is streak free and looks great for a few days,which is nice for me because I don't want to waste time applying tanner everyday. My friends thought I got my tan from the tanning beds when they saw me! Overall it's a great product, and I will buy again.

on 5/20/2011 12:52:00 AM

Having tried so many faux tanning products, I was excited to try this after watching it on QVC~ The value for the size is great, a little goes a long way and the scent is quite pleasant with a hint of almond. I got the buffing brush which does make application a lot easier. However, I must be doing something wrong.. I have showered, exfoliated, before bed, applied the lotion, waited about 10 minutes, put on pj's and went to bed. Showered off in the morning and the orangey tinge did wash away, however during the course of the day my arms got wet doing dishes etc and the water was turning brown. I can't seem to get this to stay on. Otherwise, I would have given this a 5!! Even the next day that awful smell that usually emits from bronzers and tanners wasn' there. It has great qualities, just embarrassing to wipe my arms and see the towel turning brown :( Would love to have given this a better review.. If I am able to correct this, I would definitely buy it again

on 5/18/2011 7:54:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Brilliant self tanner. I bought it on QVC with the buffing brush. Showered, exfoliated, dried off, read the instructions just to be sure, and buffed away in a cross hatching manner, able to instantly correct where it was uneven as it applied instant colour on my skin.

I was pleased right off the bat with the soft pleasant scent as I was applying the self tanner...not even a hint of the gross DHA smell so far. It dried quickly to a dark bronzed colour, with a slight tint of orange. After a short while I put on my PJ's and went to bed. No colour transfer.

In the morning, I got a big whiff of that self tanner smell that you just can't avoid, but was able to shower it off easily. The colour was a natural tan that I'd normally have after a week of moderate sun in the Caribbean. Very natural, and very even. Best experience with a self tanner I've ever had. Hands down the most natural colour, and the easiest application.

3 days later my husband got a whiff of my legs and asked me why they smelled like crackers. That's not so bad actually....

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I bought the jumbo size with the new buffing brush that was offered recently on QVC as the TSV. So glad I tried it. I don't quite understand the bad reviews. In order tom love this product, you have to know how to self tan. If you follow the basic steps, you will like this product. For my routine I shower AT NIGHT and use a body scrub on my skin, concentrating on elbows and knees, and shave. Then apply a body oil to my knees, elbows, feet, and hands so that the tan goes smoothly over these rough areas. Then I put a small amount of faux tan onto the buffing brush and buff away! After doing one leg, I then do my knee and foot with whatever is left over in the brush. Same for the arms, with the elbows and hands. If you put too much on these areas, of course it will be uneven, and you will have orange knees and elbows. then I let it dry for 10 minutes or so, out shorts on, and go to bed. In the morning I shower and the orange color rinses off and turns into a natural looking tan. I am fair NW15 and I only apply this about once a week. That is all I need to keep the color. It lasts a very long time.
If you try and apply this before an event, or leaving the house you will end up being orange within an hour! Sure it looks nice when you put it on, but it will oxidize on your skin and color your clothing. The best way to use this is before bed and shower off the excess color in the morning.
I love this self tanner!

on 5/5/2011 1:19:00 PM

Every Spring I try out self-tanners, and have never found one I liked. This year I decided to give this a try when I saw it on QVC, and I am so happy I did. I got the one with the brush - it's easy to apply, and the guide color makes it simple to see where you've missed.

The only down side I can see is that it's dark. I did it two days this week and one of my students told me that I had "tan feet." I looked down, and she is right! I am fair-skinned, and my feet look like they usually do in August.

The best part was she didn't say "orange feet"!

on 4/6/2011 2:24:00 PM

I hate this stuff. It's THICK and takes forever to dry. Once you're on you're 3rd day it starts to peel off your skin and leaves it super blotchy. Love the Faux Tan but this moisturizer is horrible.

on 12/1/2010 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this product after reading so many good reviews about it, but as much as I wanted to like it, I didn't. The biggest problem was that it made my skin really dry, and when I tried to put make-up next morning after using this on my face during the night, my foundation didn't blend well on my face because of the dryness. It also seemed like my face lost its healthy glowing, result was kind of too matte. I also tried this for a second time, but same thing happend, it just dries my skin terrible. The color was pretty nice though, but little bit too yellowish and faded away too quicly.

on 11/7/2010 9:30:00 AM

This self tanner is the best out there. I've been using it for 3 years and it hasn't let me down. I have tried so many different self tanners from sprays, to mousses, to other lotions. I've also tried getting spray tans, and this out does all of them!! The only con is that it may stain your hands a little. I just scrub them after I use the self tanner, or you can wear gloves. But it honestly is the best self tanner, definitely give it a try!!

on 9/23/2010 9:02:00 AM

Totally agree with californiagrl. I have tried a multitude of self-tanners, many of them upon MUA reviewer recommendations, and found this one (I only tried the liquid version) to be the best in terms of a natural looking tan. Gloves are definitely a must for application...they help avoid any staining. I actually like the scent, and the tan will stay for a bit. My skin is hard to tan...i can get orange...but this product is amazing.

Video Reviews & Tutorials