October 22, 2014 | 1332 users online

Self Tanners - Bare Escentuals - Faux Tan

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2011 3:58:00 PM More reviews by carebear1234

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this self tanner! I've tried the St. Topez bronzing mousse, and this one works better and is cheaper! It gives you a great looking tan that is streak free and looks great for a few days,which is nice for me because I don't want to waste time applying tanner everyday. My friends thought I got my tan from the tanning beds when they saw me! Overall it's a great product, and I will buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2011 12:52:00 AM More reviews by ladieo2009

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Having tried so many faux tanning products, I was excited to try this after watching it on QVC~ The value for the size is great, a little goes a long way and the scent is quite pleasant with a hint of almond. I got the buffing brush which does make application a lot easier. However, I must be doing something wrong.. I have showered, exfoliated, before bed, applied the lotion, waited about 10 minutes, put on pj's and went to bed. Showered off in the morning and the orangey tinge did wash away, however during the course of the day my arms got wet doing dishes etc and the water was turning brown. I can't seem to get this to stay on. Otherwise, I would have given this a 5!! Even the next day that awful smell that usually emits from bronzers and tanners wasn' there. It has great qualities, just embarrassing to wipe my arms and see the towel turning brown :( Would love to have given this a better review.. If I am able to correct this, I would definitely buy it again

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2011 7:54:00 PM More reviews by Pennyapple

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Brilliant self tanner. I bought it on QVC with the buffing brush. Showered, exfoliated, dried off, read the instructions just to be sure, and buffed away in a cross hatching manner, able to instantly correct where it was uneven as it applied instant colour on my skin.

I was pleased right off the bat with the soft pleasant scent as I was applying the self tanner...not even a hint of the gross DHA smell so far. It dried quickly to a dark bronzed colour, with a slight tint of orange. After a short while I put on my PJ's and went to bed. No colour transfer.

In the morning, I got a big whiff of that self tanner smell that you just can't avoid, but was able to shower it off easily. The colour was a natural tan that I'd normally have after a week of moderate sun in the Caribbean. Very natural, and very even. Best experience with a self tanner I've ever had. Hands down the most natural colour, and the easiest application.

3 days later my husband got a whiff of my legs and asked me why they smelled like crackers. That's not so bad actually....

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2011 1:52:00 PM More reviews by bambigirl0512

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought the jumbo size with the new buffing brush that was offered recently on QVC as the TSV. So glad I tried it. I don't quite understand the bad reviews. In order tom love this product, you have to know how to self tan. If you follow the basic steps, you will like this product. For my routine I shower AT NIGHT and use a body scrub on my skin, concentrating on elbows and knees, and shave. Then apply a body oil to my knees, elbows, feet, and hands so that the tan goes smoothly over these rough areas. Then I put a small amount of faux tan onto the buffing brush and buff away! After doing one leg, I then do my knee and foot with whatever is left over in the brush. Same for the arms, with the elbows and hands. If you put too much on these areas, of course it will be uneven, and you will have orange knees and elbows. then I let it dry for 10 minutes or so, out shorts on, and go to bed. In the morning I shower and the orange color rinses off and turns into a natural looking tan. I am fair NW15 and I only apply this about once a week. That is all I need to keep the color. It lasts a very long time.
If you try and apply this before an event, or leaving the house you will end up being orange within an hour! Sure it looks nice when you put it on, but it will oxidize on your skin and color your clothing. The best way to use this is before bed and shower off the excess color in the morning.
I love this self tanner!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2011 1:19:00 PM More reviews by psychout

Every Spring I try out self-tanners, and have never found one I liked. This year I decided to give this a try when I saw it on QVC, and I am so happy I did. I got the one with the brush - it's easy to apply, and the guide color makes it simple to see where you've missed.

The only down side I can see is that it's dark. I did it two days this week and one of my students told me that I had "tan feet." I looked down, and she is right! I am fair-skinned, and my feet look like they usually do in August.

The best part was she didn't say "orange feet"!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/6/2011 2:24:00 PM More reviews by amyd1969

I hate this stuff. It's THICK and takes forever to dry. Once you're on you're 3rd day it starts to peel off your skin and leaves it super blotchy. Love the Faux Tan but this moisturizer is horrible.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/1/2010 11:29:00 AM More reviews by MiaAnneli

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this product after reading so many good reviews about it, but as much as I wanted to like it, I didn't. The biggest problem was that it made my skin really dry, and when I tried to put make-up next morning after using this on my face during the night, my foundation didn't blend well on my face because of the dryness. It also seemed like my face lost its healthy glowing, result was kind of too matte. I also tried this for a second time, but same thing happend, it just dries my skin terrible. The color was pretty nice though, but little bit too yellowish and faded away too quicly.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2010 9:30:00 AM More reviews by lilexibabe92

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This self tanner is the best out there. I've been using it for 3 years and it hasn't let me down. I have tried so many different self tanners from sprays, to mousses, to other lotions. I've also tried getting spray tans, and this out does all of them!! The only con is that it may stain your hands a little. I just scrub them after I use the self tanner, or you can wear gloves. But it honestly is the best self tanner, definitely give it a try!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2010 9:02:00 AM More reviews by sullenmoon

Totally agree with californiagrl. I have tried a multitude of self-tanners, many of them upon MUA reviewer recommendations, and found this one (I only tried the liquid version) to be the best in terms of a natural looking tan. Gloves are definitely a must for application...they help avoid any staining. I actually like the scent, and the tan will stay for a bit. My skin is hard to tan...i can get orange...but this product is amazing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2010 5:20:00 PM More reviews by ckgurl714

I would give this product a 4.5 if I could, but I stuck with a 4 for now. I am incredibly pale and would have never thought to buy this, but I received a free sample at an event I was working. When I saw the color of this powder, I thought "NO way". I swatched it on my hand, and thought the same thing. I apply bronzer with a foundation brush, but it's the Essence of Beauty one, so it's a little thicker/fluffier than most. Applying this product with a dense brush is really tricky and I wouldn't recommend it to a bronzer newbie. A little really does go a long way (and I use a ton of bronzer and go through most really quickly). I set up 2 lids to swirl this in when I am applying. I put a tiny bit of Faux Tan in the first one and touch my brush in it enough to cover most of the bristles, then I tap so there isn't too much product on the brush. I then take the second lid and just swirl the product in. Then I blend REALLY well. The tiny bit of powder is good for my face, neck, sometimes shoulders. This bronzer looks amazing and natural on. It was definitely a pleasant surprise. Also, no glitter!! When I look at the bronzer in the pot, it looks like there is some, but once applied, the product is just a natural glow. I have analyzed this product in all kinds of light, and I can't believe how natural it looks in the sun. My only small gripe about this product is it doesn't last all day and can look a little shiny, but I truly havent found a bronzer that does. Also, as others have mentioned, the holes on the BE sifters are ridiculous. That being said, I would repurchase this product, but I literally think the tiny sample would last me a month with daily use.