MAC Matte - Soft Brown

4.6

I am amazed at how much I like this!! As I say in every review, I am really cool toned and any time I want to do browns they turn ruddy or orange-y on me a lot of the time so I am always scared of that. And as many commenters have said, this DOES have an orange undertone in it (or peach, I suppose).

I went in to have an MUA help me out with a look for my brother's wedding and she used this with jest on the lid and blackberry in the outer v. Even though it looked really nice I was still feeling like I should try a cooler brown. I went home and tried to recreate the look using wedge and it just didn't look as nice. I did everything I could to avoid buying the soft brown because I thought sure I'd never use it again. It's become a staple. It pairs wonderfully with jest and you can put something a little cooler in the outer v to bring it together. So, it's great for me, because I always have trouble with my cool skin tone and warm toned eyes. It is very buildable and I love the texture and find it really easy to blend too, It is great for a really natural look. If you have coloring like me, try this one and see if you really like it rather than dismissing on first sight. You may be surprised!

Well I've jumped on the Soft Brown wagon. After reading all the good reviews here I purchased this color about a month ago. I love love love it! It's a great crease color to transition lid color to brow highlight. I use it with LM Turquiose tightline, lorac turquiose "tempt me" and Vapour on the brow. Ditto satellite dreams with a chocolate BB eyeliner, Deep truth with BB indigo eyeliner, Soft Brown is HG crease color. I wear it everyday now to work; it softens shimmer/metallic lid/brow color with its matte finish and is a beautiful versatile peachy brown that goes with everything. May look bland in the pan but this shade is magical. Blends well with good pigmentation. A staple MAC color. Perfect!

This is my go-to crease color when I don't want to think about what to wear. It gives me the perfect neutral eye look that warms up my crease area. Blends beautifully, color payoff is excellent.

This color is not one I would never have bought from looking at it, but a make up artist friend recommended it to me a couple years ago, and I wear it almost daily. Its quite incredible. As some other reviewers said, its not tan like these pictures, I wouldn't even call it a "soft brown.'' Its a browny neutral with a dash of burnt orangey peach. Just a little bit in the crease and outer 2/3rds of lid brings out my eyes (dark brown eyes/bright blonde hair). When Im in a rush, this and some mascara will do it for eyes. (Okay maybe a dash of liquid liner, Im so predictable).

Also, the color is quite pigmented, I have had the same pan for ages and its still going. Highly recommended!!

I use this color daily. It can be used for almost any look, for everyday I use it as a crease color and when im doing a night look I use it for blending. I think this color is a must have!

A fantastic transition colour, I use this almost every day! It's actually kind of a peachy-brown, it's not as tan as it appears. But it's an excellent transition crease colour and is great for blending into a smokey eye. It helps add depth and dimension. It's light enough to be a lid colour but that's not something I use it for. It looks underwhelming in the pan but I encourage giving it a chance, it's quickly become an everyday staple for me.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Soft Brown pulls peach on me, which I don't like, BUT if I put if lightly in my crease with Brule on the lid and brows, the peach barely shows when my eyes are open and it just gives a slight warmth to my eyes and makes my big brown eyes really stand out. I'm Asian with lt-med skin and yellow undertones.

another one of the colors that pretty much goes with EVERY eye shadows !

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I really like this e/s. It looks kind of boring but it makes all the difference when you're trying to blend (especially a smokey eye!) and add definition. I'm around an NC35-40 and this really helps blend other e/s. Will buy this again when I run out!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I used this as my crease color with honesty and I found I prefer it as just a lid color! To me I see a bit of an orange color but I love it! It is not a light brown so if you want that don't waste your money I would go with Omega or Mulch. I really like this!

Top Rated Eye Shadow