October 30, 2014 | 1797 users online

Cleansers - Dove - Essential Nutrients Cleansing Pillows

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2004 11:33:00 PM More reviews by Dina20

I've always used Dove's cleansing cloths and been very impressed by them but I wanted to try the pillows. For me, they were too small, slippery and hard to maneuver around my face. The exfoliating side was too abrasive and very irritating around my eyes. It did remove all my makeup and left my skin soft, however, I much prefer the cleansing cloths.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/13/2004 3:54:00 PM More reviews by RedT

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I loved the idea of these but in practice they were just more trouble than they are worth. I found the water had to be quite hot for them to swell up but once they had, they were sopping wet so it was hard to wash my face without getting water everywhere. Some of them split open whcih was crap. Once I had started washing my face they deflated quickly and if i ran them under water to puff them up again then all the soap went down the drain. The DID make my face soft and clean and take off all my makeup but i'd stick to the cleansing cloths for a far more convenient clean.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2004 11:29:00 PM More reviews by Joey_is_Me

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm not crazy about these. I got this in a sample. I used both sides of the pillow. First I used the textured side and then the soft side. It did washe everthing off my face, and it didn't seem to dry my face that much. It didn't lather very much...And when I added water it became a pillow, but while usign it, it just flattened...I added more water and most of the product was downt the drain...I just think it's an advertising gimmick...nothing very speacial about it. I'll stick with the old way, jsut pouringt he product on my hand...less waste

rated 2 of 5 on 5/26/2004 1:35:00 PM More reviews by HotGirl30

These ARE supposed to be for your face, right??? No thanks. Maybe they'd work better for your body! I'll stick to my Olay Facial Cloths!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/20/2004 11:02:00 PM More reviews by caseyyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The pillows are wayyy too big, but there's enough product in there to shower ur whole body with! The rough side of the pillow is TOO abrasive and it doesn't wash off makeup.

Long story short: THIS IS USELESS!!! Try fragrance free olay daily facials, sooooo much better!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/20/2004 6:29:00 PM More reviews by JewL

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I was in the store and saw these pillows on sale and had to give them a try. What a mistake! I just finished using one towel and I am incredibly disappointed in the results. I used my towel in the shower (so the steam would open up my pores). It certainly did "plump" up but there wasn't that much soap foam. In any event, I rubbed it on my face and the "textured" side felt abrasive against my skin (normal skin). It certainly did take whatever make up I had off. But that's where it tricked me. After washing my face, it just didn't feel right. My face didn't feel CLEAN...so after my shower, I dabbed some toner on my face with a cotton pad and was horrified to see how much gunk it had left on my face! The dove pillow not only missed more makeup but other dirt. The cotton pad was drenched with stuff my face was still covered with.

This is a waste of money. Don't waste your time.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/17/2004 6:16:00 PM More reviews by theproudtexan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love Dove products, LOVE them, but I hate these. I don't understand: are you supposed to re-use them? There's too much soap, so you can't wring them out like you can the Olay cloths, and use them to wipe the soap off your face. It's as if you need a separate washcloth, which defeats the convenience factor for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/4/2004 9:30:00 PM More reviews by kfo04

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well, I liked them initially. They puffed fine, lathered to my satisfaction, took my makeup off.. but then came the time when I happened to have a hangnail and the soap started oozing out of the sides. Yeah, it hurt. And the soap kept oozing, stinging my poor face (and I don't have sensitive skin). Not worth the money, but you've probably figured that out by now. If you haven't, do yourself a favor and don't give into the little voice that says "Oh, these would be great and convenient!" the next time you're shopping for a cleanser. Move on, baby.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/22/2004 11:08:00 PM More reviews by Reesa23

I hated these. The pillows are small and they were all flaky in the box I bought. Dry soap flakes everywhere. They burned when I used one. I gave it a second chance and used another one. Same thing. Soap got in my mouth and YUCK. Enough said.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2004 5:51:00 AM More reviews by pretzel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i think this product is great!!! lots of foam came out of the little tiny pillow...i do agree it's a little pricy...but other than that i love this product!!!