September 23, 2014 | 1717 users online

Moisturizers - Philosophy - Hope in a Bottle

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2008 3:27:00 PM More reviews by gcgirl2001

I'm a fan of this. I've used HIAJ for years before, due to a change in work environment, my skin has gotten more oily. I switched to this instead. I love how it keeps my very congestion prone skin in check. doesn't do much for spots, large pores, etc but congestion--it is very effective!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2008 9:17:00 AM More reviews by AM9090

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use Hope in a Jar and When Hope is not Enough Replenishing Cream but I think Hope in a Bottle is better. It is quickly and completely absorbed and leaves skin super soft and velvety smooth. It's a bit stinky - has a slightly medicinal smell which is a little off-putting - but fortunately the stinkiness fades fast. For me, it's great, and I will definitely repurchase. I would recommend giving it a go, if you haven't already.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2008 1:02:00 PM More reviews by karenhouting

So...I have had an epiphany! First of all - this product didnt work for ME. It really wasnt worth the $ all things considered. I recently went to dermatologist & realized I was just working TOO hard on my skin. I am now using a super gentle cleanser (eg. phisoderm, cetaphil), super gentle lotion (avveeno & neutrogena oil free) & am also using Retin-A Micro. My skin is very clear these days & the tone is evening out. Wrinkles seem to be at a minimum (thank you Retin-A) as well for added benefit.

If you are in your 30's & have issues with adult acne as I "did" & want to keep the aging process at a minimum - make a visit w/ the dermatologist - I wish I had much sooner!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2008 5:14:00 PM More reviews by bstyle

Hate this stuff to drying and is supose to work for congested skin. Nope not at all i fig the 2 oz to try to clear up my skin from her other moist that broke me out did nothing for me. After using the whole bottle i went to olay sens moist that helped untill i found the ddf products of which i love.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/23/2007 7:58:00 PM More reviews by rabss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this product is a joke. its terrible. made me break out as soon as i started using it and i kept thinking this must be the purging stage but i kept breaking out for 3 months till i finally threw this crap out. philosophy does some brilliant marketing but this, like all their other products, is absolutly useless. not worth the money or the heartache that comes with skin trouble.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/29/2007 1:04:00 PM More reviews by andrea_cat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've noticed that this product has received a lot of good reviews, but it hasn't worked for me much at all. I've given it time, over three months now, and my acne is actually worse than when I started. I'm using it after washing with the Philosophy wash, the name of which I can't recall, but the milder one. My face feels dry and like I said, my breakouts have gotten worse. I think I've been patient with it, but I'm not seeing anything positive.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2007 11:40:00 AM More reviews by lacubanita

I started using this after an MA recommended it to me. I had been using Proactiv for several years, but after a while it started to irritate my face.

At first, I wasn't terribly pleased with this moisturizer, but after having used it for the last three months or so, I have to say I really like it. It took a while for it to work, because my pores were pretty clogged. But since I started using this with the On A Clear Day face wash, my skin has become softer, smoother, and my pores are less clogged and much less visible. My skin got worse before it got better ... but boy did it ever get better. And so far my combination skin hasn't had any of the irritation or dryness I had with Proactiv. I wasn't going to get this again, but after giving it a chance, I am definitely getting more when this bottle runs out.

I gave it 4 lippies because it took so long to work. I am really glad I stuck with it though.

EDIT: This product eventually stopped working for me after a few months; I guess my skin got used to it. I went back to Proactiv and have adjusted how often I use it. That is working out better for me. I took away 2 lippies; I would not buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2007 12:16:00 PM More reviews by michmy

i used hope in a jar first, when i finally realized i should be using hope in a bottle instead. i'm so glad i made the switch. there's probably other moisturizers that contain salicyclic acid (which is what helps my skin) for a better price. i read about neutrogena's anti-blemish cream, which i might try when i'm finished with hope in a bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2007 4:45:00 PM More reviews by Exiemel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So I haven't actually bought this product, but I have been using sample of it for about 3 weeks now, twice a day. I really like how quick it sinks into the skin, it doesn't make you oily, you don't have to use that much of it- a little goes a LONG way. The smell that SO many people make SUCH a big deal about is way, way, way over dramatized. It doesn't smell that bad, I don't mind it at all, and I am sensitive to funky smells. It sort of smells like vitamins or pills (odd description, but it is the best I could come up with). It is pricey, but worth it. The bottle design is ok for a while, but I'm wondering what happens when you get down to the last bit of it, it would be hard to get out, I think. I suggest you go to Nordstrom's or Sephora before you buy it and ask for a sample. I really do like it, it keeps my oil in check, my skin feels good, and I have less breakout thanks to the 2% sascylic (can't spell that) acid in it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2007 7:58:00 PM More reviews by danajeanius

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've used this for about 6 weeks now in place of Retin-A and it seems to be working wonders! No breakouts, no dry flakey patches - nothing but clear skin. It is a little stinky but it fades fast. Will continue to use and definitely repurchase! Worth a try for skin that breaks out easily.