April 20, 2014 | 879 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Almond Oil Daily Hand & Nail Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2008 11:10:00 AM More reviews by sheal77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE! This is wonderful & my HG hand cream. The smell is deee-licious and I want to lick it off my hands. It moisturizes like nothing else & absorbs in very quickly. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2008 7:23:00 AM More reviews by Superbeckyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Although this product smells delicious, it doesn't deliver the kind of moisture you'd expect from the £8 price tag (expensive to me!) and leaves hands feeling quite greasy.
I prefer the Body Shop Hemp Hand Protector to this - much more effective.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2008 11:26:00 AM More reviews by osuheatherk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great hand cream. I love using it at night when I go to bed, because it absorbs quickly and isn't greasy so I don't have to worry about getting it on the sheets. When I wake up in the morning the skin on my hands is really soft! My only complaint is that it's a little pricey for a hand cream, but with such great results I guess it's worth it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2008 10:58:00 AM More reviews by Cinnabuns

This hand cream is waaaaay too fragrant. It's so overpowering that I had to wash it off after a few minutes. Maybe mine is rancid. I love that it is made with shea butter from Ghana. I really love the way it made my hands feel, and it did not go on too thick or greasy. It does come in a flip top tube in a convenient size that is perfect for your handbag, but it is not for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2008 7:53:00 AM More reviews by lipglosseater

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

*Click on "Continued>>" to view pictures / full review*

At a Glance:
Price: RM39.90 / US$16
Website: thebodyshop.com
Weight: 100ml / 3.4 US FL OZ
Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Cyclomethicone, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Propylene Glycol, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Dimethicone, Fragrance, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Ceteth-10 Phosphate, Dicetyl Phosphate, Xanthan Gum, Carbomer, Methylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Yellow 6.

Product Description

Enjoy lasting softness with a rich, moisturizing hand cream that has panthenol to make nails more flexible and prevent splitting.

Actual Product Pic:

My $0.02:

Texture & Taste:

This handcream spreads beautifully, hence i only need a small amount (slightly smaller than a 5 sen coin) to cover both hands. The cream sinks right into your skin, but be careful not too apply too much product else it can get really goopy and oily! I do not recommend biting your nails or sucking on your fingers after putting this in your mouth because the taste is rather nasty (and believe me the horrible perfumey smell stays in your mouth for eons!)! Scent wise it smells like almond / marzipan which i'm not a fan of, but have gotten used to it.

Packaging:

This cream comes in a flip top squeeze tube, which is excellent cuz it's hygenic and you can easily control the amount you want! :)

Time Test:
My hands felt moisturized for up to 6 hours. I do feel the need to reapply after 3 hand washes or more.

Price & Availability:
At RM39.90 / US$16, methinks that it is rather reasonable. As with most TBS products, the portion you get is generous, so you're getting your money's worth. This is available at all TBS brick & mortar shops, as well as their official website (thebodyshop.com).

Usage:
I apply this twice a day, once after the first time i wash my hands / finish doing the household chores during the day, and one more time before i sleep. I also massage some of it into my rough, peeling cuticles.

In a Nutshell:

An idiotproof hand cream and delivers what it promises! It healed my ugly rough cuticles and restored my really dry hands! :)

Likes: Moisturizes hands effectively, smooths out rough cuticles, excellent packaging, absorbs into skin quickly
Gripes: Problem comes back after you stop using it (but i guess that's the case with most products?)
Repurchase: Yes, but as with all product freaks i want to try out others first before coming back to this!

Rating: ! 4.5 Stars! Near HG Stuff!

Credits: Product photo from thebodyshop.com continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2008 6:37:00 PM More reviews by serendipity1988

I work on a farm and handle horses and so I am constantly looking for something to hydrate my super dry hands. After reading the reviews on here I decided to try this for myself. Although not as intense as I need while I am at work, when I have a couple days' break of work, my hands are thoroughly moisturized! Between this and Fruits and Passions' hand butters, my hands are beginning to retain a bit of its own moisture.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2008 10:06:00 AM More reviews by Eleanor_The_Cute

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff. A little bit goes a long way and it absorbs super fast. The sweet almond scent is not overpowering (it doesn't make me smell like a cookie) and I prefer it to most of the other hand creams I've tried which usually have super strong scents that overpower my perfume. This does not leave my hands greasy or covered with residue-feeling gunk. My hands feel soft and smooth. I'm planning on buying two more of these, next time I go to The Body Shop, to keep in my purse and my desk.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2008 2:53:00 PM More reviews by Arbuz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have very dry hands and irritated skin (I'm a nurse...). This hand cream doesn't make wonders, but its god. I need to reapply it often så it doesn't last long. Absorbs easy, but it doesn't give enough moisture and nutrition to my hands... Hemp works much better for me.
The thing I really like about it is that it makes cuticle look very-very nice and it looks like my nails has got much stronger and grow faster after I've started using this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2008 1:20:00 PM More reviews by renia22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This light, well absorbing hand cream makes my hands soft and they look much better, as they were looking pretty dry & ragged. It smells like almonds to me, but the smell isn't very strong so it doesn't bother me. It costs $14 for 3.4 ounces which is a bit much, and it does not offer spf protection. I might buy again if on sale.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2008 7:33:00 PM More reviews by hulagrrl83

I love this hand creme. It is light feeling and soaks in well, but also moisturized just as well as some of my "thicker" hand creams. Smells awsome!