April 21, 2014 | 1586 users online

Styling Products - Paul Mitchell - Super Sculpt Styling Glaze

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2004 2:25:00 AM More reviews by Gracie1353

I too was expecting a lot from this but I was sadly dissappointed. I tried it for my thick, wavy, coarse hair since everyone raved about how it works on curly hair. It was way too thin for my hair and didn't give it enough hold or something. I was left with tons of frizz and no more wave than I had before. I just don't think that it was a heavy enough product for my hair. I have tried mixing it with creams and using varying amounts, but it just isn't for me. I will stick to my old standby; biolage gelee.
EDIT: I am liking this more and more. I still prefer Biolage Gelee but I really like this for a lighterweight gel.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2004 12:25:00 PM More reviews by elat33179

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was expecting so much more because of all of the wonderful reviews. I wasn't impressed. It was too thin and left my normally big bouncy curls in skinny frizzy curls.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2004 6:05:00 AM More reviews by mamba

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great product. Thank you MUA!
It gives my curly hair hold but leaves it soft and touchable. Well described by everyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2004 10:27:00 PM More reviews by yumi1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First of all, thank you Mom for giving me this. My ex bf used to use this all the time, can't believe I am just coming around to it now! I have naturally thick, wavy and frizzy hair. Something like what Canadiana below me described. I used this the other day when I discovered my mom doesn't own a blow dryer (really) and almost panicked. So I got hold of the first styling product around- which I'm suprised she had one at all! But I am impressed! It comes out thin, but works into a cream/lather type deal- isn't sticky and doesn't leave my hair crunchy (hello high school) and my hair is bouncy, my waves are full and soft and FRIZZ FREE!! WAAAAAHOOOOO! So I would strongly recommend this... :) Thanks again Mom! Btw, love the apple scent too, just wish it stayed longer.. but oh well!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2004 11:17:00 PM More reviews by gatinha321

I must be the only one who doesn't think this is anything special. Before I reviewed this, there was a 100% repurchase rate. Well, sorry to ruin that! I hope I don't get hate mail :P
I have wavy hair that curls w/the right products & a diffuser. By itself, this did nothing much. When mixed w/other products, I still didn't see a big difference. I'll use it up but I won't purchase this. Too bad really since it seems to work for everyone else & it's really affordably priced!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2004 2:46:00 PM More reviews by Risa01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow. Just wow. I can't believe this product has probably been around forever and I just now discover it!! I could kick myself!
I have medium textured naturally curly hair that I normally blowdry straight. I just never liked the way my hair looked curly. I have tried many a styling product to make it look ok, but I just ended up with a frizzy mess. NOT attractive. I read the reviews on this and thought, all these people can't possibly be wrong!! They sure weren't! I went to Ulta, gave them my $8 and took this baby home! After my shower I combed my hair and put about a nickel size amount into my shoulder length hair and let it air dry.
I'm so happy! Perfect, frizz free spirals. I'm in LOVE! LOL

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2004 8:50:00 AM More reviews by SherryL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

[b]UPDATE FEB 2007[/b] I believe this is my second review of this product; however, the first one was done years ago and I still sing praises about it! A wonderful, versatile styling fluid that leaves hair manageable and shiny! On my nearly waist-length curly hair, it works best for me when I use it all by its lonesome and just top it off with a bit of light-hold hairspray. If I use a leave-in conditioner or silicone serum under it, I lose the hold that it provides. You can use a lot of this stuff or just a little... and you won't go wrong! Price-wise, it definitely won't break the bank! Whether your hair is curly, wavy, or straight... try it!!!

Water (Aqua); Polyquaternium-11; Bisamino PEG/PPG-41/3 Aminoethyl PG-Propyl Dimethicone/Hedychium Coronarium (White Ginger)/PEG-12 Dimethicone; Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract; Panthenol; Bisamino PEG/PPG-41/3 Aminoethyl PG-Propyl Dimethicone/Algae/Aloe Barbadensis Leaf/Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile)/Henna/Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba)/Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary)/PEG-12 Dimethicone; Wheatgermamidopropyl Ethyldimonium Ethosulfate; Cocamidopropyl Betaine; Propylene Glycol; Polysorbate 20; Hydroxyethylcellulose; DMDM Hydantoin; Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate; Fragrance (Parfum); Benzyl Salicylate
continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2004 4:35:00 PM More reviews by teenage3478bag

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

OMG OMG OMG. I just found the perfect(aka HG) product for my curls. YAY YAY YAY. im soo excited. so anyways i bought this based on the reviews here and i kinda doubted it when i poured it into my hand(it seemed thin) but let me tell you...it IS the curly product for a lifetime. ahhh im in love. I defines them, makes them less frizzy, no crunchy feel, my hair is thinner. go out and buy this NOW ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2004 10:30:00 PM More reviews by dmp8907

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am definetly impressed. This keeps my hair under control and that is the biggest thing. The smell is nice and my hair is soft with this, not crunchy. I tried this after putting it off for so long and im glad i tried it. I only need to find a good curl creama, maybe potion 9, 2 cut down frizz and help define. But i am defintely happy with this! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2004 1:43:00 PM More reviews by diana02

What can I say.. I had to try this product after reading the reviews here! and it really is what everybody writes! Itīs different from any styling product Iīve tried before. It defines my hair and let it soft, I donīt even need to use a leave-in before. Great product for curly hair!