September 19, 2014 | 1896 users online

Fragrances - Avon - Sweet Honesty

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2007 4:56:00 PM More reviews by FLBeachGrl

This brings back a lot of memories of high school. My parents bought me a bottle of this along with the Avon Soft Pink bubble bath for Christmas 1975 - this is what I smelled like most of 1976 - lol. I hadn't smelled it since high school until my cousin bought me a bottle a few years ago. I'd also purchased another bottle of the bubble bath and boy when I sprayed on the Sweet Honesty over the Soft Pink bubble bath scent, I was immediately back in my parents' old house and it was 1976 all over again. The scent doesn't last long, which is why I gave it 4 lippies rather than 5. It's so unlike all the fruity floral fragrances on today's market which is why I keep repurchasing it. It's very inoffensive and would be perfect for office wear.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2007 4:35:00 PM More reviews by colorfulme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I must rewrite my review for this fragrance. In my old review I said it smelled like baby powder and dismissed it as not interesting and said I wouldn't repurchase. But now I find myself reaching for this fragrance every day, and I have realized that I really really like it. And others seem to like it as well, my father said it smelled delicious, and the ex bf said I smelled lovely while wearing it. I like it so much that I already ordered a full size bottle (I have the roll on thingie), and plan to look for similar smelling fragrances from other brands/houses. The fragrance, as others have mentioned is soft and won't bother you or other in the same room as you. I think it's more of a skin scent, with poor lasting power (hence the 4 lippies). I'm not good with notes, but here goes my impression. The fragrance opens a bit sharp and clean smelling, almost soapy, then the sharpness mellows and the floral middle notes emerge, this stage is rather warm and sweet, then the final notes are soft woods (I only get sandalwood). The fragrance is also very powdery from beginning to end. This fragrance could be called girlie, sweet, feminine, so if you are into sweet, feminine or powdery fragrances you should try this one, it won't dissapoint, plus, it's dirt cheap.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2007 3:26:00 PM More reviews by perfumefanatic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Baby powder and licorice. Just right for those days when you don't want floral, fruity or spicy. Appropriate for teens, but I'm much older than that and will continue to wear it on occasion.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2006 3:15:00 AM More reviews by maliat5140

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

sorry ladies.. i like babyy powder but only on my kids butt..lol.. this also smells like the juicy girls they have here in korea..

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2006 11:37:00 AM More reviews by sleepyhead2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was one of my first ever fragrances! i remember owning the roll on in middle school. Due to nostalginc memories (and the cheap price) i caved and ordered it. This scent has not changed and it smells very clean, slight floral and powdery. A feeling of innocense. This scent is long lasting, unlike many avon perfumes. I don't reach for it often, but a nice standby for those days i feel cozy. I love it and hope they never discontinue this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2006 8:25:00 PM More reviews by selmasoo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

One of my very first fragrances! I remember that it had a fresh, light and clean scent....kind of like summertime. Always a favorite! :-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2006 7:37:00 PM More reviews by kself

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This is just the perfect classic scent from Avon. I first received this perfume as a present when I was twelve, and although it's not my signature fragrance, I do wear it periodically, have throughout the years, and will continue to do so. I especially love the little .08FL.Oz. because it's nice and small. I can slip it in my pocket or purse and not worry about it spilling because even if it does it's only a few bucks for another one.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/31/2006 3:13:00 PM More reviews by ronitabandita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I agree with Drinkmoresoup. Stinks to high heaven. Is the worst perfume smell I have ever encountered. It smells so bad, I actually remember exactly what it smells like and I haven't smelled it in years. When I opened it, I thought they had made a mistake. But no. It actually smells that bad on purpose. Like dead roses after you leave the stems in the water for over a week, plus baby powder and cheap Payless Shoestore leather. If you wanna stink, go right ahead and grab a bottle of this stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2006 5:21:00 PM More reviews by bubblyblueberry

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this scent. It's so soft and sweet, and it reminds me of baby powder. It's a unique scent in perfumes; I've never smelled a perfume that even halfway resembles this. It lasts a while, and it's not too strong. I get lots of compliments on it. The only thing is, I have to be in the mood to wear it or even a slight whiff of it gives me a headache. Overall, great fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2006 5:12:00 PM More reviews by triste3030

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Sweet Honesty is an oldie but goodie. It smells like baby powder and is really fresh. It's also very inexpensive. I use it as a body spray since the smell goes away quickly. I love it.