August 27, 2014 | 1868 users online

Bronzers - New York Color - Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny 720

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2013 12:54:00 AM More reviews by kirito

I'm still terrible at working with bronzers, and it may be due to the fact that I DO NOT like looking tan, but anyway; I had the ELF bronzer/blush kit prior to purchasing the NYC Sunny bronzer, and the main reason why I hate the ELF one was because it had shimmer in it. The NYC bronzer is completely matte, so I like it a lot more. It's ridiculously cheap too; I got it for around $2 on sale at Target. I feel that it's much easier to work with than the ELF bronzer since it's more buildable and doesn't look like you slapped dirt on to your face.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2013 4:20:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Once upon a time ago this was HG status for me. Those were my hs days, when I knew what iI wanted: matte bronzer & for how much: not much at all, dirt cheap. This fulfilled those qualities for a longg time until I grew up & realized this was too cool almost taupey grey looking on me in the winter months & even orange hues for my summer looks. I also find it to be a difficult blend, often times I'd scrub the top layer with a sharp paperclip to reveal the soft powder underneath. I have found a much better alternative to this, which surprisingly still fulfills my 2 previous terms, its E.L.F Studio COOL Bronzer. Yup the cool one, the warm one has shimmer/sheen finish. Cool one is the 4 pan style: one white, 2 shades of brown and a peach ----> all matte & cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2013 8:30:00 PM More reviews by majesticax

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE THIS. I love it mostly because its matte, and also very cheap. HG bronzer! I will continue to buy :)

rated 1 of 5 on 11/30/2013 10:52:00 AM More reviews by Parys

It seems I am always the one to hate HGs the masses swear by, and here's another....
As much as I wanted to love this, I loathed it. It went on like orange chalk with tons of fallout on my nc25 skin. I'm looking for more of a brown, I don't want to look like a Jersey Shore reincarnate.

My hunt continues for the perfect (cheap) bronzer! :-(

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2013 11:55:00 AM More reviews by thekyayu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is hands down one of the best bronzers I have ever used.
The price is insane, I believe I got this for $3 cdn.
I take my ELF contour brush and dip this in and use it to contour my cheeks and around my forehead.
The only downside I have is that I have to use a lot of product so that it shows up on my face.
I would repurchase this because I find it's the best bronzer (so far) out there for me and I love how it makes my skin glow.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2013 2:57:00 PM More reviews by BubblegumKisses

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an awesome bronzer! Its full on matte- no shimmer or glitter. I love to use this because it doesn't look like dirt on my face. It's not too dark or orange either, very natural looking. I especially love this during the winter, it gives me a nice glow without looking fake. I've had this for like 4 years now, and I've started to hit pan! so i will soon be going to the store to buy like 10 more of these. Also, the price- this is SO inexpensive!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2013 1:37:00 PM More reviews by ichigocutie

My face and neck have 2 different shades. My face is a lot lighter and I wear Lioele triple the solution bb cream that comes in one shade. So I always put on matte bronzer to warm up my complexion. This bronzer can look orange on fair skin or if you have cool undertone to avoid this you will have to apply it with a light hand but because I have a yellow warm undertone even if I layer it heavy the orange brown shade will just look like my tan summer shade. I don't think this bronzer will show up if you're an nc 35 or higher. I also don't use this to contour because I believe a contour shade needs to be a cool tone but of course to each is own. The packaging could be better but for the price I paid I can deal with it,I bought mine from target for less than $3. I will repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2013 11:05:00 PM More reviews by karinebibou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

PRIX a REVOIR

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2013 1:51:00 AM More reviews by Mmmel

My skin color is light to medium and this does not show up on my face at all. I try to swatch it with my finger and it's as though I rubbed my finger on translucent powder. I tried to love it like the YouTube gurus do but it does nothing for me. The packaging is nice but is not durable. However, it was less than $3!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2013 4:16:00 PM More reviews by beautyforless

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This...this can't be.
99.99% of bronzers I try turn orange on me. Whether in 5 minutes or 5 hours, it's bound to happen at some point. The top reviews for this all point a finger at this bronzer and scream "ORANGE ORANGE ORANGE!!!"
So why in makeup's name did I pick it up? Curiosity, I suppose. I'm also very stubborn, and, based on the rating this bronzer has, figured there's a chance it could work for me, however slim it may be. It's only $2 anyways. Even for a college student, that's cheap.
But I was still too hesitant to try it out. Bronzer is one of the last steps in my face routine, and if turned into Snooki, I would have to start over, or figure out a way to rock the Oompa Loompa look all day. So I waited till the evening when it would be too dark for anyone to care, and in the lighting of my room, gave it a shot.
Okay...wow, that's pretty good. No orange so far, just looks like bronzer should. Nice, but I should give it some time. It's gonna oxidize, I just know it.
A movie party and a game of Apple to Apples later (because college students are adults, as I'm sure you can tell), I checked again. Still no orange. Was it the lighting? Had to be. I tested it out the next day, checking it out in artificial and natural lighting. No sign of an Oompa Loompa face. I even asked one of my guy friends...
Me: Hey, does my face look orange to you?
Him: Wha...oh, no. Why?
Me: Trying out a new bronzer.
Him: Okay, what's bronzer?
Okay, it was time to admit it, I wasn't going to get a Snooki face from using Sunny. I found this so surprising. I have a bad history with bronzers. Heck, Sunny even looked like it was gonna turn orange on me in the pan, so what happened?
Well...I'm not sure. But for a girl whose spent some time looking for a good, non orangey bronzer (and found...maybe 2 worth keeping) this is a pleasant surprise. Being that I'm pale and cool-toned, the fact that Sunny worked for me and not the other tanner more yellow-toned reviewers could point to why this bronzer stayed trough to it's bronzy hues.
It's not perfect, but that's just fine. Blending takes some time, and the packaging is...well, it's what you'd expect. I wouldn't cry or bemoan NYC if it was ever discontinued, but I would, however, ask those people how on earth they created a bronzer that would only work for people who bronzer rarely works on.
Whether its through makeup voodoo or the right undertones, either way, I'll take it.

7 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No