MAC Matte - Espresso

4.5

on 7/9/2011 5:00:00 PM

This is my go-to shade for filling in my brows. I've over plucked in the past so of course my brow growth isn't very even, but this is amazing for making it look like I have perfect brows. I recommend this shade to anyone with dark brown eyebrows...you won't regret it! Like others have said, it's a good crease color and also good for pulling off a daytime smokey look. Very natural looking and flattering. (I'm NC35 for reference)

ADD: The amount in the pot is very generous considering I use it every time I apply makeup and I've had this pot for about a year and a half (or longer...it's been a while!) and I don't expect to repurchase until the holiday season at the earliest. A little goes a long way!

on 7/4/2011 7:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I love Espresso! One of the best eyeshadows I have ever bought! I am an NC42/44 and it looks great when I use it for neutral looks or even smokey looks with a little bit of black added on top. I used to have cork and it doesn't really show up well on my skin (thanks to the Sales assistant that recommended it to me). This eyeshadow blends well and I use for other things like filling in my eyebrows when I've ran out of my eyebrow pencil. Will re-purchase.

on 6/7/2011 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I use Espresso mainly to fill in my brows (works well - I have very dark brows) but I also occasionally use as a crease colour too. It is ever so slightly red but barely noticeable. It can be a little difficult to blend but with a bit of patience can work very well.

on 4/25/2011 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i wanted to like this. i really wanted a matte brown crease color, with the least amount of red tones. this is so non-red, it's practically grey when it goes on. a little too grey for me. im still using it but i'm on the hunt for something else. it's really hard to blend too! and once you put the color on, it's impossible to blend out so you have to apply this very carefully. i think i'm going to try mac's brown down next...or maybe a nars shadow. when i run out of this in a bajillion years, i wont buy another one.

on 2/27/2011 12:04:00 PM

Espresso is now a color I cannot live without. Back in the day matte colors did not appeal to me. I thought they were boring, chalky and unflattering. Since Espresso has been in my life my opinion is quite the opposite. I was given this shadow by an aunt of mine who swears by it. Hesitant to try it, I didn't touch it once until she saw that I hadn't used it. I let her put it on me and when I saw the results I was pleasantly surprised. She put a light shimmery white on my lid, Espresso in the crease and filled in my brows. I was shocked because brow colors are hard to find with my dark hair. It looked PERFECT. Now I use Espresso everyday, for my brows and my crease. If you're getting a few basic shadows from MAC I recommend this 100%.

on 2/13/2011 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I absolutely love Espresso as a crease color :) Its the perfect dark brown that can match with any lid color- anything from neutral to bright. I do admit though, that Espresso is slightly hard to blend. The only way I can get any rich pigmentation out of this is if I use a sticky base like NYX's Jumbo Pencil in Milk- otherwise, it goes on very sheer. I have tried so many other dark brown eyeshadows, but none of them compare to this color wise. Most of the darker brown eyeshadows I have tried tend to go on very muddy, or are just not dark enough. My favorite eyeshadows to pair with Espresso have to MAC's Club & Honey Lust- I still have to try some other combinations, but this is so versatile! I even love smuding this onto my lower lashline- it looks heavenly =) I would give it 5 stars if the pigmentation was slightly better.

on 2/13/2011 8:20:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I love this shadow for filling in my brows. I have dark brown brows and the colour fits me perfectly...doesn't look harsh at all, incredibly natural. It's a flat dark 'espresso' brown with no red tones. Occasionally I use it on my crease aswell which looks nice but is a little difficult to blend. Still workable though.

on 1/25/2011 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

i use this eyeshadow every day! it works great as an eyeliner, crease color, brow color etc. its so versatile. it's not too dramatic on my nc40 skin tone so it's great for everyday.

on 1/23/2011 4:20:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I actually really like this product but not for eyeshadow but to fill in my eyebrows....but i wouldn't buy it again cause i can find this same color for a nicer price :]

A must for eyebrows and crease color.

Top Rated MAC Products