December 20, 2014 | 1557 users online

Lip Treatments - Desert Essence - Lip Rescue w/ Shea Butter

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2005 3:07:00 PM More reviews by Baptista

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my HG of lip moisturizers. It is a very unusual consistency, almost melts which takes some getting used to. The first few times I used it I didn't like it bc I almost thought that it was drying out my lips, but I stuck with it and my lips sort of exfoliated and then were nice and soft and smooth. Cool stuff!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2005 7:31:00 PM More reviews by Cloud718

I actually have this one in the jojoba oil and aloe version. It is very moisturizing almost all the time. But sometimes it doesn't moisturize (werid, huh?). Mint is one of the last ingredients so this balm smells a little like mint. It is a little glossy, feels slick and thin but lasts a long time! I bought mine at Mother's Market.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2004 2:27:00 AM More reviews by swirlingblacklily

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Bought this after reading all the raves here. This balm is very moisturizing, but I have to use it very sparingly; otherwise it has a little too much 'slip.' I would prefer it if this had a little more staying power and a thicker consistency, but for $1.99, I can't complain too much. I would probably repurchase this one, if only because of the cost, but I can't say that I would seek it out.

The scent reminds me of a creamsicle. It doesn't bother me yet, but I can see how people might get sick of it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2004 3:33:00 PM More reviews by VioletExtract

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This isn't my favourite lip balm but it's the one I carry around with me in the day for if my lips get very dry (to make my Clarins one last longer!) but I do prefer this one to apply a thin layer before lipstick, if the lipstick is dry (I do this with MAC Faux and Sandy B lipsticks and they actually feel very moisturising with just a tiny bit of this balm underneath). It's the perfect balm for that because it's light, but it's not waxy like the ultra-cheap lip balms and it's not greasy, thin and wet like Vaseline. Love the smell.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2004 12:41:00 PM More reviews by mitabird

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This lipbalm is ok. It glides on smoothly & it does a decent job of keeping my lips moisturized, but it doesn't last very long.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2004 6:51:00 PM More reviews by zangreen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

For about 2 years, up until this spring, this was my absolute favorite lip balm. They reformulated it and now it's dry and very waxy. Previously, it would glide on and was very moist. I checked at several stores and the product is consistant. If anything, Burt's Bees is more creamy now, and that's saying something. Oh well. no repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2004 3:47:00 PM More reviews by FlipFlop47

Love this lip balm! So moisturizing! Glides on easily and has Shea butter. No SPF- the only downside. Ingredients: Soybean Oil, Beeswax, Candelilla Wax, Ozokerite, Carnauba, Shea Butter, Ginkgo, Rosemary, Vitamin E, Propyl Gallate, Essential Oil of Mint

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2004 7:33:00 PM More reviews by galaxygoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Pros: all natural, dirt cheap, and tastes/smells great. Cons: I find it hard to apply, is slightly gritty due to the shea butter, and it has no gloss at all. (For a frame of reference: my favorite lip treatmeat of all time is The Body Shop's Cocoa butter stick). Overall, it's not bad and I would probably buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2004 5:40:00 PM More reviews by sunflower77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This lip treatment is amazing. I got it from Whole Foods for $1.99. It is so moisturizing and it beats all the expensive lip balms I bought in the past. Best of all, it is organic! No petroleum. /UPdate: after several weeks, the product seems to dry up. I have difficulty to put it on my lips. It does not glide off onto my lips. I switched to Dr. Hauschka's Lip Balm.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2004 9:45:00 PM More reviews by Ambam032

I switch between this and Burt's Beeswax lip balm. I like that this is has a soft feel. It's not tingly or smelly. It doesn't taste like anything so I'm not apt to lick my lips while I wear it. Great balm. A little hard to find since the only place I've ever found it at is an out-of-the-way health food store.