January 28, 2015 | 1947 users online

Top/Base Coats - OPI - Top Coat

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2012 8:22:00 PM More reviews by Pokica

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am very dissapointed. This tc is horrible!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2012 11:27:00 AM More reviews by Aiglon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this top coat thinking that a brand with good colours will also make a good top coat. In the beginning the top coat worked really well, my nails didn't chip for over a week. But after a couple of uses, the formula became very thick and it just wouldn't harden. It was as if the top coat was a gel that you can press in. Even when I applied it during the day, when I woke up the next day my nails were dull and dented from sleeping.
Will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/1/2012 2:19:00 AM More reviews by Manoojii

I bought 2 OPI Top Coat bottles; the one with the silver top; At first, it was brilliant! Dried magnificently well, i had no chips (7+ days). As soon as i got halfway through the bottle, bubbles began to appear on my manicure, with the usual goopyness after a few uses.

The usual top coat bottle with the black cap was completely useless! My nails NEVER dried! I was onto the second day and my polished nails were still getting dents. I hate it! Never looking back.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/6/2012 9:28:00 AM More reviews by lovinvanilla

Wow, this is bad! I purchased this thinking OPI makes great polishes in general, so their top coat must be good. Boy was I ever wrong! It is thin, not very glossy and doesn't seem to dry at all. Even after letting each layer of my mani dry for 15 minutes between applications and before applying this, two hours later the polish was still soft to the touch. Would never recommend this to anyone!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/28/2012 10:40:00 PM More reviews by hippie_sotong

I bought my very first two bottles of OPI topcoat simply because I thought it would go well with OPI nail polishes. I'm so wrong! My polishes never seem to dry properly (takes the whole night to completely dry to touch) and it bubbles. My polish doesn't seem to be able to look flawless because of the slow drying time. And, if u take apply the top coat in three or more strokes, it actually lifts the color polish below and the bottle of top coat ends up stained eventually.
I'm currently using seche vite and I'll never look back!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2012 9:43:00 PM More reviews by meowjennkitty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very simply, this is a horrible top coat. I tried different methods and the outcome was always the same: bubbles and never seemed to dry.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2012 4:16:00 PM More reviews by kittyminx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Let me start out by saying that I have never used this as a "stand-alone" topcoat. Whenever I do my nails I top the polish with a quick-dry immediately (almost always Seche Vite). And then, if I wear the polish for more than a day I will add a coat of OPI topcoat as a refresher. This is where this topcoat really shines. It never gives me shrinkage, over my already dry manicure it dries really quickly (around 15 minutes until it won't dent), and it is incredibly shiny. I have tried it over many drugstore and salon brands including OPI, Zoya, Essie, Chanel, China Glaze and Deborah Lippmann and it always yields the same shiny chip-resistant results. Quick dry topcoats aren't meant to be put over dry polish, so this is perfect when I need to maintain the shine. It is also nice and thin so subsequent coats don't make my nails look thick. I probably wouldn't use this as my regular topcoat but it is my perfect refresher topcoat. I will repurchase when my bottle runs out.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/10/2011 12:47:00 AM More reviews by rainbowrivulets

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This stuff is thick and bubbles and doesnt dry hard. its like. jelly ish (which makes it prone to making marks and what not). I like the natural base coat though.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/30/2011 8:27:00 AM More reviews by b_jones

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I LOVE the OPI nail polishes but the makers really dropped the ball on this one =((( I had been searching for something shiny and glossy and has some abilty to dry quickly .... This top coat does neither. Back to the drawing board on this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2011 2:27:00 PM More reviews by pooky788

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love OPI top coat and when my first bottle turned stringy (tiny amount left in bottle after 9 months use) I decided to try Essie Good To Go instead because of the whole formaldehyde thing (i'm big on going with reviews) - big mistake. I had no problem with OPI Top Coat, my polish (only tried with OPI and Barry M) stayed on for a week no problem. Very shiny, consistency not too thin nor too thick, smooth application, no shrinking or denting (the complete opposite of Essie!). Am now going back to OPI, can't believe the negative reviews of it. I'd definately recommend it. Obviously it isn't a fast drying top coat but it does dry (a while after doing my nails - when i think theyre dry - i run them under the cold tap and dry gently, don't know if it helps but i can then do normal tasks and don't have problems) and i'd rather wait the time than have tips shrunken up!