Clinique Rinse-Off Eye Makeup Solvent

3.2

I got this in a gift with purchase, so I can't say anything about the price.
As the person before me said, why would I want to wash off my makeup remover? I'm not a fan of rinse/wash off makeup removers.
This does a pretty good job of taking off makeup, but does sting the eyes and skin a little. But for the sake of using it up, I use it when I wash my makeup brushes, although I still find myself washing them after wards anyway instead of just rinsing... all in all it's not a bad product, no foul scent or anything, I just prefer a one-step makeup remover.

on 8/20/2010 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

First of all, I don't like that there's more than one step to remove the make up. Why should I have to wash off make up remover? Doesn't that defeat the purpose?? Anyway, it irritated and stung my skin, and on top of that it doesn't even remove the makeup easily. I'm not a fan.

on 8/19/2010 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This is an effective non-oily eye and makeup remover. My skin is sensitive and I didn't have any problems. It's similar to Lancome's Effacil eye makeup remover in that it's a two part oil and liquid mix,

on 8/18/2010 2:00:00 AM

This makeup remover had its eye-stinging moments. But apart from that, it was a decent eye makeup remover. Nothing special but nothing that great. I always used it with my Urban Decay 24/7 Liner and never with my Urban Decay Liquid Liner. So maybe I'll repurchase in the future and see how it does with my liquid liner.

on 8/10/2010 10:06:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I am really surprised by all of the bad reviews of this remover. I love it. Any remover that is oily, or feels oily (Neutrogena oil-free, clean & clear oil-free) leaves a film that I don't like, even after I rinse my eyes. I don't wear waterproof liner or mascara, and maybe that makes a difference. A little on a cotton ball takes care of my eye makeup and I have no residue. I do think it's expensive ($16.50), hence the four lippies, but I have not found a cheaper one that works as well for me. I think it would be perfect if it came in a towelette form.
Update: I won't buy again simply because I have discovered that since I don't wear waterproof eye makeup, I don't need a separate remover. My mild face wash (Clinique liquid facial soap) takes off ALL of my eye makeup with no irritation.

on 7/30/2010 10:16:00 AM

I hv no idea what is all about. It doesn't remove/disolve any makeup on my eyes and it stung my eyes so badly.

on 7/6/2010 1:12:00 AM

First off, I think this product is getting a lot of bad reviews on here simply because people don't really understand its purpose. It's a makeup solvent, NOT a makeup remover, which means it'll dissolve makeup, but NOT remove it completely. This is also why they include the rinse-with-water step on the packaging, simply because this won't take off your eye makeup completely, it's meant to help the removal process.
On to the review! I bought this for ~$13 (plus tax) at a CCO, which was a bit pricey since I can get a similarly sized bottle of makeup remover at a ds for half the price, but I figured this would be a good product to use to fix any mistakes I make while doing my mu (without ruining my whole look). When I need to, I take a q-tip and dip it into the bottle and lightly dab the area I need to fix, and it takes the makeup right off.
Even though it's not a remover, I did try to use it like one, and it still worked pretty well for me. My e/s and e/l came off easily, and my mascaras (have tested it with Covergirl Lash Blast WP and Buxom's Mascara, not WP so far) came off for the most part (About 75% of it came off, I'd say, in one swipe with a cotton ball) I will be sticking to Take the Day Off Remover and Vaseline for my removers though, just because I feel like this is more of a spot-usage product for me.
And, I took off one lippie just because I have gotten some in my eye before, and it stings like crazy, causing me to tear pretty badly unlike some other products I've used in the past.

on 7/2/2010 1:56:00 PM

I was so excited toi use this because I thought it could be an "upgrade" to my C&C mu remover.
What a stupid thing to do. I used it to remove my eye mu and my eyes started to sting. No
Big deal I thought, it might be a lash or a chunk of mu that got in my eye. I checked and my eyes were clear
Of debris but wow, I looked like I had pink eye. I shook it off and didn't give it a second thought. I continued to use it for the rest of the week with the same result.
I then decided maybe I should just use it to correct mistakes and fallout. I thought maybe I was putting too much on the pad. This time
I'd use a qtip. Same results. Luckily I only paid $13 for this, I found it at a CCO. Ill be giving this to my sister and
Never try to use another remover than my C&C mu remover in the see through purple bottle.

on 6/8/2010 4:55:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This did a poor job of removing eyemakeup especially non waterproof mascara :/ it doesnt seem to dissolve the makeup as quickly as it should. The only good thing i have to say about it is that it didn't sting my eyes.

on 4/12/2010 9:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm glad that they include these in their GWPs; it gives me a chance to try it out before I waste my money on something I don't like. This is basically like bottled water. No matter how much product I used, it did little to remove my eye makeup. Totally unimpressed.