Coty Vanilla Musk

Price: $

Price: $

on 3/10/2004 9:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Peeuuww! Why? Why? Why? This is absolutely awful. It smells like an old lady at a funeral. I like Vanilla and I love Musk but this stuff is gross and although I scrubbed my wrist with soap & water trying desperately to remove it, it still faintly stayed on me. I started getting quesy.

on 2/13/2004 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I'm surprised at how much I like this scent! I picked it up dirt cheap at an after Christmas sale at a local drugstore and have been wearing it alot. When I first applied it I thought "eeww,bug spray",but after just a few minutes it dries down to a pure vanilla musk. Lovely and very inexpensive. Oh,my husband adores it!

on 1/2/2004 5:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have worn this since high school. When my now-husband & I first started dating back in '97 his mom wore this all the time. So now I associate those fun times with this scent & whenever I wear it I'm immediately taken back. It's got a little vanilla in it, but it's mostly a musky "dark" scent and I can't put my finger on what else I smell in it. It's very good though.

on 11/16/2003 1:21:00 PM

I accidently sprayed this on myself while misting the air to get a better whiff of the scent. The result was awful. This product probably does not work with my body chemistry. The scent smelled extremely musky and kind of dirty. The scent is cheap and overwhelming. Had to go home and shower to get rid of the scent. I tend to like clean fragrances that are slightly sweet.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

All this time this fragrance has been out, & I am just now getting to try this. The price was right because Rite Aid had a buy 1 get 1 free sale on Coty scents. I bought the Jovan White Musk & got Vanilla Musk for free.I get more vanilla out of this than I do musk. It is borderline foody on me, but I like it. It is a very warm,comfy,sensuous smell. It lasts for a very long time, too. That is just for the cologne version. Too bad the lotion is more readily available in the holiday gift packs. So, I am layering it with BBW Jasmine Vanilla. Yummy, even more sensuous. I will buy again, especially if it is buy one get one free!

on 11/7/2003 11:12:00 AM

I wish I liked it, the price is right and my hubby loves it. But I don't! It makes me feel that I smell like a cupcake, or worse, a fake plastic cupcake. I guess I just don't like vanilla! Sorry!

Its probably one of my most earliest signature fragrances. I remember getting my lil' kitten named "Vanilla" all intoxicated with this scent that my aunt had to take her away from me. I still have one I don't use it outdoors. It makes me remember those days of innocence.

on 9/30/2003 7:45:00 PM

I have a bottle of this in the edp. To me, it smells just like Chopard's Casmir. I actually tested this. I sprayed my VM on one wrist & my Casmir on the other. It was very difficult to tell the two apart. So if you love one, you'll love the other. For the price, the VM would have to win out over the Casmir!

on 7/26/2003 5:21:00 PM

Yet one more rewarding "drugstore discovery" that the all-knowing fragrance afficianados of MUA inpsired me to explore. (If "Consumer Reports" should ever decide to do an all-fragrance issue...well, all they'd really need to do would be to hire out the whole lot of fragrance-loving MUAers, and the rest of the issue would pretty much materialize of its own volition!) Though I believe this is a pretty straight-on blend of vanilla and musk, it does not overtly smack of one or the other. It has a cola-ish essence to me with a very light accord of ginger, of all things. I do like it, all the way down to the very conveniently handbag-sized bottle...but won't be repurchasing, I'm afraid, due to the fact that Coty tests on animals (something discovered, unfortunately, only after I had purchased this and several other Coty scents).

I love the vanilla musk EDT. It's a soft vanilla, and sweet without being candy-like. It lasts a long time on freshly moisturized skin. I always get compliments on this one!

Popular Fragrances