September 30, 2014 | 1703 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Blot Powder - Medium/Dark

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2010 12:54:00 AM More reviews by akn8v

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great stuff...i have oily skin. This is product is takes care of shine and isn't heavy, cakey, nor does it change color. I'm never without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2010 8:49:00 PM More reviews by Jennifer22309

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

My face can either be very very oily or very dry.
depends on the weather for me really. But i put this over my liquid foundation than i put my loose nc40 powder on.
I also carry this in my purse justtt in case i get a bit shiny. but i notice when i put it on before leaving the house i dont have to use it again. I love this, ill keep continue to buy this over and over!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2010 3:34:00 PM More reviews by joanasousa86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

love this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2010 10:04:00 PM More reviews by curlycuesue

PROS:
- keeps me matte all day
- doesn't leave my face looking powdery or cakey, but very natural
- sleek black compact comes w/ a mirror
- doesn't break me out
- reasonably-priced

CONS:
- none

My face is normal/combination, but my nose tends to get shiny, which I HATE!! I always and only resorted to blotting papers b/c I thought adding a makeup product to control/cover shine might lead to breakouts and/or more oil production, but this has proved me wrong. ;)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2010 7:33:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is one of the best products out there for maintaining or restoring a matte look to the face or just the T-zone! I find it never looks dry or powdery on me and feels light and actually refreshing - if I apply it at mid-day, it almost feels like I've lightly cleaned my oily T-zone. I was surprised I needed this in such a dark colour (usually, "Medium" in anything is about as dark as I ever need to go) but I am glad the SA guided me toward the right shade for me, rather than just going by name alone as "Medium" would have been too light and probably looked powdery and artificial.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2010 5:36:00 PM More reviews by cramirez12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG! i have extremely oily skin and this just seems to control everything really well. It doesn't cover up my other makeup as well. It just absorbs oil and makes me look fresh faced. I used to use the sheer powder to powder my oil but i realized that once my face was oily and i would powder it i would get darker. I hated it and once i went to the MAC counter the salesgirl told me that this will get rid of the darker look. so i ditched my sheer powder and use this throughout the day!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2010 7:01:00 PM More reviews by geekgal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product! My skin is very oily in my T-zone, and in the past I've tried all kinds of oil control products ranging from lotions, to cleansers, to powders. Prior to this, the best thing I had tried was the Dermalogica Oil Control lotion, but I had two criticisms of it. 1) It was pricey. I couldn't find it anywhere in my area, and even on Amazon or discount beauty stores online, it was nearly $40. It also didn't last very long. 2) My skin felt slightly stiff (as if I'd applied a thin layer of glue or something), and I would get shiny again late in the afternoon. That being said, I was shopping for a new blush, and the nice lady at MAC did my makeup for me. She put on my normal Studio Fix in C4, then blush, then "sealed" it with the Blot Powder in Medium/Dark. I went the whole rest of the day without my t-zone getting oily--amazing! I went back and purchased some, and I've been using it for about 6 months. I live in Nevada (where it gets very hot in the summer) and I've found this product to be nearly sweat proof. It's a very rare occasion that I get even slightly oily looking. The other thing to note, is that it doesn't build upon itself. There have been times that I have had to run home and freshen up before running out of the house. I've been able to blot my face, reapply the powder, and it gives me sort of a matte, 'airbrushed' look. I will definitely keep using this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2010 9:12:00 AM More reviews by cgb2400

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this because it actually pretty much does what it claims. Usually my forehead and nose are shiny by lunch time, but with Blot Powder, I notice a significant reduction in the amount of oil on my face. I use a brush to apply after tinted moisturizer and before my bronzer, and this seems to be working well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2010 11:30:00 AM More reviews by Bindi7

This is always in my handbag! It is brilliant for stopping shine without altering the colour of your make up. The compact lasts quite long too - i go through one about every six months or slightly longer. A great product for your handbag if you want to stay shine free!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2010 2:43:00 PM More reviews by Faffinette89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my HG powder! I used to buy drugstore ones that would look powdery and run out fast then I got this. I'm nc42/43 for reference. I got this in medium/dark last may and yes I've hit pan but there's still some left. For $21 not a bad deal considering I'd have gone through several ds powders by now. Will continue to buy and is back to macable.