July 30, 2014 | 1272 users online

Powder - Palladio - Wet/Dry foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2012 10:10:00 PM More reviews by Sandyhorseshoe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I tried this looking for something similar to Aveda's wet/dry powder. I've used it for about 3 days now & I love it! It really controls oil, I barely have to blot or reapply throughout the day. The price is much better than the Aveda powder. I chose Laurel Nude & it is just about perfect. I still have to use a separate concealer under my eyes but even with that I get almost no creasing or settling into the fine lines. Best powder I've ever used!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2012 2:23:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunky

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

If you have uneven skin tone, scars or just want a nice cover, this is it. It even covers my red cheeks from rosacea. I first tried it wet with sponge, but kept rolling off my monistat primer in pieces. weird!
But I got out my kabuki foundation brush and applied it dry. Wow! wonderful coverage, not too oily or dry. I top with loreal soft glow mineral finish, and I am good for hours. even in the humid south.
I was really surprised, and at ulta, they have deals on this stuff all the time. I don't think you will be sorry. I actually bought two more and this is the first time I have used an entire foundation up in A LONG TIME!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2012 9:57:00 PM More reviews by Lionessque

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've tried quite a few foundation powders out there, from drugstore to lux brands. I decided to give this one a try after seeing the lovely reviews about this product. I dropped by at my local Sally Beauty Supply and found it there, although the color that I was looking for (Everlasting Tan) was sold out -.- I ended up going with 'Neroli Bronze' which was one shade darker. I tried it both wet and dry format and it seemed a little bit dark =/ So I ended up going back to Sally's and exchanged it since they had 'Everlasting Tan' finally. The coverage was amazing both wet and dry. I use it with 'Philosophy's The Present' primer, buff it on with a kabuki brush, then take my beauty blender and wet it with water then seal it with the dampness. The finish is amazing! Lasts all day too! I didn't have to touch up as much either! Only complaint is the color range, not that many choices for all you ladies out there. It was a tiny bit lighter on my but I just slap on my bronzer and i'm good to go for the day! Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2012 4:05:00 PM More reviews by blondie86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm impressed. I haven't used a powder foundation in years, and I've never used a wet/dry one. I read reviews online before purchasing, and I figured I wouldn't have much luck with it, like I don't seem to have much luck with ANY foundation these days. I went to Sally's, picked a few things up - including this - and I used it the next day.

I apply it wet, and have never tried applying it dry (so I can't comment on that). The coverage is pretty damn good, and I'm a real stickler for that. This covers as well as or better than my usual go-to heavy coverage foundation: Simply Ageless. I don't need to use concealer anywhere but under my eyes. Keep in mind, though, if you have a huge, red, and inflamed zit... this isn't going to cover it completely. The oil control is meh, hence the 4 not the 5, but I just blot as usual and it's fine. I use the sponge it comes with and haven't had a problem yet. The compartment where the sponge is held is ventilated, so the sponge is always dry the next time I go to use it.

Finding your match (especially if you're not usually on either end of most foundation lines) will probably be a little difficult, since you have no way of seeing the actual color of the foundation until you have it out of the box and opened. They have colors on the boxes, but they are hardly helpful. I am usually within the lightest 2 shades in any given foundation, so I picked the lightest one (laurel nude) and it matches quite well.

I will absolutely repurchase when I run out. I haven't been this impressed by a foundation in years, and I will never spend $20 on a foundation AGAIN!

Edit***

I just applied it dry for the first time, and it has the exact same coverage (maybe even more!!) than applying it wet. Yay! Next up I'll try applying it with a brush... dun dun dun.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2012 4:04:00 PM More reviews by applecour

I have sensitive finicky skin. When I saw the first ingredient was talc, I was a little apprehensive. I looked up the reviews in store and found great things so I figured I would give it a shot. I hoped it wasn't like NYX's powder foundation since that caused the white bumpies and oxidized like crazy. To my surprise Laurel Nude was a perfect match 100%. I always have used more warm toned foundations/powders because of my yellowy undertone and was kind of on the fence because this looked slightly peachy. I was so happy with how good it looked, how nicely it covered, everything. It has yet to cause any negative effects on my face, but I'll update my review in about a week or so.

As of right now, this is neck and neck with my Urban Decay Surreal Skin for my HG. It actually is a tad bit higher on the scale since it seems to cover better. Who knows, this could be it!

EDIT: It's been five days! No cases of the white/red bumpies & no cystic acne spots! The only thing I've had here & there were the little oil bumps that all of us oily girls experience. After I washed my face at night & applied my witch hazel they were gone in the morning. I'm in love with this powder foundation. Today I buffed it on with my medium sized E.L.F powder brush, and went around my eyes with my E.L.F foundation brush; it looks awesome. Covered everything up that I needed to & still looks natural. I HAVE HIT THE PAN! In 5 days. But, it's just in one corner & there's still plenty left. I could see this powder lasting 1-1&1/2 months. I always thought I was allergic to talc, but clearly that's not true since this product works great & talc is the first ingredient. Learn something new everyday (:

If you can get your hands on it, BUY IT!

EDIT: This started to cause oil bumps on my chin, even though it's oil free... womp womp. I also noticed that the shade darkens throughout the day which leads me to believe that it oxidizes. About 2 hours after application my skin looked so pinky. I never really noticed before, but I had a zit (oil bump) so I was in the mirror 24/7 making sure it was hidden. I guess my search continues.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2012 12:13:00 PM More reviews by PeachFuzzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This stuff makes my face look amazing. However, the color selection is awful. I am a NC35 and I bought cypress beige. It works ok, but not an exact color match. I feel the shade next would be too dark. I love the coverage and the look of my skin. It does ok with oil control but I would say, it does far better than mac's powder foundation. If you have beige, peach, and combo skin I would try this.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2012 10:14:00 AM More reviews by Twizzz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like the fact that this has no fragrance and has a very smooth texture--I haven't used it wet, just dry over primer or foundation (I've used the Palladio herbal foundation primer, Philosphy's the Present, Smashbox's SPF 15 primer, and others, and Tarte ReCreate Foundation in Porcelain), and it covers well on the initial pass of the sponge (about a medium coverage). My complaint, like others, is the shade variety...the lightest, Laurel Nude, is just a touch too dark for my liking, but when I use it as a powder alone without foundation underneath, it seems to blend in nicely. Like the coverage and minimizing of pores, has a velvety texture and doesn't feel like I'm wearing anything. I think this covers way better than MAC's Studio Fix (I'm NC15). I did have to touch up my t-zone midday (about 4-5 hours after applying), but I live in hot, humid South Florida, so I didn't expect otherwise. Like the case and the sponge, unlike others. Pleased and will likely repurchase and will try with a brush to see if that changes anything.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2012 1:10:00 PM More reviews by heathermrm

Palladio Herbal Wet/Dry Foundation is the exact name on my product.

I am on a quest to replace my EM pressed powder foundation (the version in the white plastic compact). Fairly Light is PERFECT for me - of course, this item is d/c which sucks!! I have emailed the company several times over the past 6 months and while they say they do plan on bringing it back, they don't know when.....sigh.....

I am NC 15 (for those of you not familiar w/ EM). I purchased in Ivory.

Based upon the very helpful ladies on the MU board and in light of the high ratings, I decided to give this a try. I purchased at Sallys for around $10. In order to be considered a dupe to my EM, I am looking for highly pigmented (to cover my slight/blushing rosacea), non-drying, easily blendable, reasonable $, long lasting/wearing. This meets all my criteria EXCEPT it made my face feel dry/tight = I deducted 1 lippie. EM set the bar very high and this just falls short = I returned it.

Should I not find anything else that works, I will probably go back to this....sigh...

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2012 6:11:00 PM More reviews by allmyfriendsarecowboys

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Okay I don't love to come on here and slam cosmetics but this truly deserves it. The concept of being able to use wet or dry is interesting and it would be good if it actually worked but this just wasn't doing it for me. I tried using it wet but it made my combination skin look super oily and gross. I tried to give it another chance by using it dry but it didn't provide any good coverage. I did not want to waste it since it was over ten dollars (I usually don't spend over eight bucks on foundation) so I tried to keep using it wet with the sponge provided. The makeup itself did a pretty sucky job and after several uses the sponge completely fell apart. So much for me joining the Palladio Wet/Dry foundation bandwagon. I do love Palladio's lip stains though, so those are worth a try if you haven't given them a chance yet. I will repurchase those but as for this foundation NEVER AGAIN!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2012 1:57:00 PM More reviews by jwhisper

I love this foundation powder. I use it dry over my sunscreen and it covers all the redness and most of my acne scars. I then mist a little water on the sponge and apply wet over the problem areas that need more coverage. This lasts all day, even after a workout, and actually looks better after a couple hours- kind of dewy and fresh. It didn't make me break out at all. Will definitely buy it again and again.