December 20, 2014 | 857 users online

Loose Powders - Chantecaille - Loose powder

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2004 2:09:00 PM More reviews by Marlena_M

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite loose powder and I've tried lots of em... Laura Mercier; Giorgio Armani; Bare Escentuals; MAC. By far, Chantecaille is my favorite.

I didn't purchase this powder looking for something to control oil howeverI have super oily skin and one day did a comparison by wearing my LM on one side of my face and my Chantecaille on the other. I won't say the Chantecaille kept my face from getting oily but I will say the LM side of my face was MUCH oilier - - - it was noticeably different.

I love the look of the container - I just wish it was screwtop because inevitably it will get knocked off the counter and create a real disaster. The price is exhorbitant - - - $50USD. Those two things combined are the reason I rated this product as 4 lippies and not 5.

I love the product and will buy it again... unless I find something similar in quality that controls oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2004 4:12:00 AM More reviews by khunv

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Wonderful powder. I put on my liquid foundation first, then, I add my Chantecaille (Light Loose Powder) on. It stays naturally on my face whole day long! Too bad it's not available in Thailand. I must buy it from Europe/US only :-(

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2004 2:44:00 PM More reviews by sxis

Hate the packaging, love the product! I had this in the mini loose powder as well - used a couple of times before the thing fell apart, spilling powder all over my clothes, purse, & me! The big version is a little better but it's still impratical compared to the conventional screw tops.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2004 3:23:00 PM More reviews by drusilladru

My HG powder. Powder is superb. Love that it has no talc. I switch between Ray (in summer) and Light (in winter). I'm a Stila IFP 30/40 watt. My only gripes: I wish there was a wider range of colors (as light can be a little too light) and improved packaging. As others have noted, the packaging is beautiful yet not very functional. It makes a mess even when it just sits on the dressing table.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2004 12:13:00 PM More reviews by kandykane

The colour and texture is perfect, but powder leaks out of the container all the time. the amazing quality powder is worth putting up with the poor quality container, but they should really sort it out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2004 1:36:00 PM More reviews by MauveRebelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

It's a long time since I haven't used a powder. They use to dry out my skin. But I heard about this talc free powder and gave it a try. I think it's great. I don't know loose powder enough to give and efficient critisism, but for me it will do, it's gonna be my HG loose powder for this season...and for many futur seasons if more affinity...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2004 1:44:00 AM More reviews by MakeupArteest

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of my alltime favorite loose powders,especially for dry skin.It isn't easy to find talc free fragrance free powders that set well.If I had oily skin I would not shell out the money for this as oily skin actually works great with loosepowders that do contain talc.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2004 9:59:00 PM More reviews by PeggyA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am giving Chantecaille loose powder a no on the question would I buy this product again but only reluctantly. I'm just not sure. Don't you wish there was an option to answer maybe? I bought this powder after lusting after it for at least 2 years. The price always got in my way, not to mention I already have powders galore from T LeClerc, Becca, Giorgio Armani, Paula Dorf, Laura Mercier, Versace, Bobbi Brown, Guerlain, Sonia Kashuk - you name it and I probably have it. I went for the $39 travel version in Chantecaille and the container is one of the prettiest I've ever seen. I don't think I would use it for travel as I tend to move powder into fairly small clear plastic jars with sifters for convenience. I would happily put this lovely silver jar on a fancy dressing table if I ever have such a thing. The powder itself is fine. That's the part that's disappointing. I was hoping this would be holy grail, perfect, can't imagine life without it powder and it isn't (sigh). It does an okay job of setting my make up but it doesn't do or look any better than any other powder I own. I think the cost is high for the amount of product you get. Given what powders do and what they are made of, I suspect I will never find a holy grail powder but that doesn't mean I will give up trying ....

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2004 1:49:00 AM More reviews by sweetpea1283

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Talc free and makes my skin look perfect. I use it over CG trublend makeup. I have it in Subtle which is kind of like NC20-30 in mac. Comes with a gorgeous puff. If you're dealing with spillage issues just keep the original box and store it in there. I love this stuff and i'll buy it forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2004 11:13:00 AM More reviews by mitsuko

This along with Becca's Loose is the only powder I'd ever consider wearing, because these two are the only ones that give a natural but polished look and NEVER cake, I actually prefer the Chantecaille over the Becca as it is talc and fragrance free and gives a glowy look to my complexion due to the mica it contains which I like better than the greasy post-orgasmic 'Beyoncé' look I get from highlighters (I'm really paranoid about micro-glitter being visible on my face). Over the course of the day it starts to looks even better but I have to say that I like a dewy look. I wear the shade 'Light' over Chantecaille FS 'Ivory' and RS and sometimes also over moisturiser or sunscreen. Since I'm a sucker for product design I also love the packaging, a BEAUTIFUL, chic, classic and yet simple nickel container. For touching-up I use the mini version (expensive but you can refill it from the regular size container) as loose powders are NOT meant to be portable but are to sit on your vanity at home and the Chantecaille does a fantastic job at that!! This is a HG and I will repurchase despite the price.