Laura Mercier Tightline Cake Eye Liner in Bleu Marine

4.6

NEW INGREDIENTS: Talc, Propylene Glycol, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Alcohol Denat., VP/VA Copolymer, Polyethylene, Magnesium Myristate, Zinc Stearate, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Alumina, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Tocopherol. May Contain ( /-): CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 7799 (Iron Oxides), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide). OLD INGREDIENTS: Talc, Propylene Glycol, PVP/PA Copolymer, DEA-C8-18 Perfluoroalkylethyl Phosphate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polyethylene, Magnesium Myristate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Zinc Stearate, Mineral Oil, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Iron Oxides (CI 77491). May contain: Ultramarines (CI 77007), Carmine (CI 75470), Manganese Violet (CI 77742).

on 5/16/2007 4:36:00 PM

Not a huge fan of LM packaging, BUT, these can be depotted into MAC or ELF 4pan palettes (so I immed made myself a LM cake liner 4 pan palettes lol)

Great color, perfect for tightlining. I don't normally use navy with my blue eyes, but the tightlining technique makes them look very wide open & the whites look whiter. Great stuff! I use the LM flat eyeliner bruh, tried a few others, but this works best for me.

on 5/15/2007 11:08:00 PM

Excellent color for tightlining. Wear with a beige wash. Tightline, then add color along the top of the lashline too. I then top again w/a dry brush & BB Navy shadow. Intense. Add some black mascara. Looks good with a dark lipstick or with something neutral. Tried several Trish cake liners, like LM better. LM stays longer, packaging is better.

on 4/4/2007 7:41:00 PM

Tightlining is right up there with the wheel and sliced bread. It's just a brilliant invention. Brilliant. All my thanks to Laura. If YOU are looking for that elusive chic, expressive-eyed, understated yet unearthly gorgeous look, this will do it. I use it with LM's Flat Eye Liner Long brush and some water and just a bit of time...and boy is it ever so worth it. Makes my eyes--and face--look so damn gorgeous that I've stopped wearing any other makeup. Thanks, Laura dear!

on 3/31/2007 1:03:00 PM

I bought this after reading the fabulous reviews here on MUA...it is worth all of the hype! The tightlining technique in combination with the fabulous color of this cake liner really adds depth to my lashes and subtle drama to my eyes without looking "made up". The navy color really makes my hazel eyes pop! This is a terrific, easy-to-use product. I would definitely repurchase!

on 3/17/2007 1:59:00 PM

Deep, midnight blue color. It's not as crisp and sharp-looking as the black one, so it would do for daytime. I didn't notice it doing much for my dark brown eyes, but it does an admirable job of filling in the lashline. I really love the cake liners as they do stay put all day, so long as you apply them correctly in the morning. Would repurchase, but maybe not this color.

on 2/23/2007 10:49:00 PM

Looks lovely on my eyes. Last and lasts. Everyone has already said everything great about this. It is a wonderful eyeliner indeed.

on 2/22/2007 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Like everyone else, I love this eyeliner... I hope they never discontinue it because the color is so perfect. It's black, but not quite black.. with a bit of blue tint, it really distinguishes itself from any other eyeliner. Great staying power, and personally, I think it's fun to use cuz it's like you're doing a bit of painting everytime. =) LOVE IT!!
EDIT 8/23/08: Still loving this product.. just dropping by again to say that i've found the perfect brush to use for this product. I used to use smashbox's thin liner brush, but it didn't really help mix the liner well with water, and the tight lining effect was hard to achieve with that brush. Sonia Kushic (the target/walmart brand yes, price is cheap yet brush is great) makes a thin liner brush as well that works with my LM liner wayyyyy better... almost perfect for me. I can now tightline nicely... just letting ya'll know in case ur looking for a good brush!

on 1/31/2007 7:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is every good thing that every other reviewer has already commented about Bleu Marine Creme liner! WOW! I thought MAC Fluidlines were "it" for me. Oh, I still love my Fluidlines... but this creme liner from LM is every bit as wonderful, IMO. The only thing is, you have to wet it before you can use it. So, unlike the Fluidlines, there is an extra step involved to achieve that perfect eyeline. But, I don't care! I love this eyeliner! It applies super fast, stays on all day, and does not irritate my eyes and make them tear-up when I use this to tightline. I just don't reach for this when I'm in a hurry- but otherwise, I LOVE this liner and will DEFINITELY repurchase!
EDIT 11/20/07: I had to come back and update this review. I've noticed that for whatever reason, whenever I use any of LM's cake liners now, they make my eyes teary and run all day. At first I blamed it on allergies... then I thought that maybe my eyeshadow flaked into my eye... but unfortunately, it turns out to be this eyeliner causing all the tearing. I thought maybe it was becuz of the "6 Month Rule," so I bought a new one. My eyes STILL watered all day after applying this. Tried tightlining with gel liners, and the tearing stopped! {YAY!} I guess I have to stop using this product, whatever is in it does not agree with my eyes... continued >>

on 1/29/2007 10:46:00 PM

After reading all these comments I knew I had to try this and OMG!! the moment the SA tried it on me, I fell in love. I absolutely love how it makes my eyes pop without being too dramatic. And the tightlining method, what can I say? It really has helped me and I'm usually a makeup-phobe but not with this one. Sooo easy!! I'd definitely buy it again and again. THe colour is amazing!!!

on 1/20/2007 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

brilliant!!!! i can't believe that this can truly brighten up my eyes as much as it does. i would normally never even consider buying a blue eyeliner but i had to based on all these positive reviews. the tightlining technique only took me a few tries to master and once i did i was completely head over heels. i use the LM flat brush and it really is so easy to push the liner into that tiny little space between the lashes that i can never ever reach with any other type of eyeliner. makes my lashes full looking, brightens my eyes, and actually looks as though i am not wearing liner at all. the color is an incredibly dark blue...it really looks black in some lights (once on). but something about it is unique enough to look special. i have been wearing this everyday since i bought it and while i would normally want to buy every other color LM offers, i can't see another color being more fantastic than this one!