October 26, 2014 | 1593 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Liquid Neutrogena Facial Cleansing Formula

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2010 1:56:00 AM More reviews by MERP

Meh. I find this drying, and it stings my eyes if I'm not careful.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2009 4:33:00 PM More reviews by irishdancerak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

After I went to my dermatologist for my acne she said she wanted me to use the most basic soap to wash my face (even dove bar soap but I can't handle the smell) so I picked this up and I actually really like it. Totally no frills and basic but it gets the job done. I do find it a little difficult to wash off unless I'm in the shower but that's my only complaint.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2009 11:45:00 AM More reviews by whisper

I don't care much for this cleanser. I have pretty normal skin: some shine on my T-zone, but definitely not oily skin, and not dry either. I found this product to be extremely drying uncomfortably so. I even tried using a damp face towel to "dry" my face after cleansing w/this, and applying my moisturizer to my slightly damp skin, but sadly that didn't remedy the drying nature of this. The formula seems way too "soapy." In fact it almost would be better suited for a liquid hand soap, rather than something to be used on the face. Big time disappointment I'm afraid, as I typically like Neutrogena products.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2009 9:53:00 AM More reviews by 4jsc

Love this product. I've bought several bottles in a row now. Each one lasts forever as I only use a tiny bit (pea size) every time. I think people who find it very drying and hard to rinse may be using too much. It's a nice, basic cleanser. While I do have dry skin, as long as I moisturize right after washing, this has been perfect for me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2009 6:19:00 AM More reviews by iceee

I love love love this cleanser and have been using it for 13 years.
I used to have bad acne as a teenager and tried numerous products, none of which worked. This got rid of the acne. Everyone noticed the change in my complexion and I started getting queries about the 'miracle' product.
However, I found that the cleanser works better on oily skin and is too drying for dry skin. Now that I've moved to a less humid country, I switch between this and a cleasing oil.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/22/2009 12:30:00 PM More reviews by meral

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Bought this few years ago.
A very discusting cleanser. It is not layering! It stays waxy in my hands, put on my face, not easy to rinse of, a very weird product I think. Maybe to much Glycerin? Don't know. I throw it away, nearly full.
Know I'm using brands/products not testing on animals anyway.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2009 10:26:00 PM More reviews by novelist

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This cleanser is the one I use on my face and neck every night and have for the last few years. It is glycerin-based and my skin just loves the formulation. My face never feels tight or too washed and it is inexpensive. The product works, and I will keep using it until the product changes or my skin does, and needs something else.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2009 10:21:00 PM More reviews by monajoy

Great product in removing makeup, excess oils and just to clean your face. A product that has worked well to manage acne flair ups on my teenager.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2009 10:04:00 PM More reviews by AllAboutMe83

This is my first Neutrogena facial product and JACKPOT!
For the first time after washing my face I found NO trace of makeup on my cotton pad that I soak up in toner.
It keeps my skin SQEEEEKY clean, luminous, and free of any occasional breakouts. I dont think this would work for dry to very dry skins, unless moisturized properly. I have been using this for about 2 weeks and I have no complaints except for maybe a slight burn to the eyes which is no big deal because the rest of the package makes up for it. I still give 5 lippies. The search is over for a good facial cleanser.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2009 1:51:00 AM More reviews by RaquellaDeVille

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I don't care how great of a cleanser this is. If even the tiniest bit gets in my eyes, it burns and HURTS worse than any eye irritation I have EVER had. It literally will make me yelp in pain. It's just not worth it.