December 18, 2014 | 1245 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Clarins - Hand and Nail Treatment Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2010 11:11:00 AM More reviews by sulfababy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an amazing hand cream, just the right thickness for me. Very soothing to chapped, raw hands. I usually hate smelly lotions, but this smells really good. More expensive than I prefer, but worth it to me if only used in the winter.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2010 4:47:00 PM More reviews by teanut

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Very effective at keeping my hands soft. The only complaint I have about the product is that immediately after I apply it, I have a hard time opening containers and doorknobs. But it's not a big deal. I'd rather have soft hands!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2010 3:07:00 PM More reviews by cs9394

This is the best hand cream I have ever used! I have developed very dry patches on my hands (knuckles, etc.) and have tried everything without success (including cortizone cream and neosporin...since my hands were that bad). I used this hand cream ONE TIME at a department store while walking by the Clarins counter and within a day, my hands were healing! I couldn't believe it. I gave it a "3" on price because I do think $30 for any hand cream is silly. However, I will continue to use this product and yes, pay $30.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2010 5:01:00 PM More reviews by scarie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my HG handcream. I have contact dermatitis and despite trying lots ( Roc, Aveda, Nuetrogena, Soap and Glory) this is one I buy over and over again. This is the only beauty product ever that I have bought more than twice! But luckily people know my addiction now and I got 2 tubes for Christmas. Ok so the smell is slightly old lady but it disappears quickly and some people find th smell great! I have to wash my hands a lot in work so I can put this on , it sinks straight away and I can get on with my work without waiting for the hand cream to sink. plus it has made my naisl so strong! Love love love love it!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2010 1:59:00 AM More reviews by EmilyC15

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Received this expensive hand cream as a Christmas gift. Like other Clarins productsit's highly scented, with a ... "conservative", floral/makeup-ey scent. At least the scent fades fast and leaves behind enduring improvement to my hands, especially to my nails and cuticles. I am reluctantly won over.

The packaging irritates me - it's in a tube with a screw top. The screw top is annoying to handle with freshly-moisturized hands. And their foot cream, in the same gift box, comes with a flip top.

It's the nicest hand cream I've ever tried, but I really wish they'd dial down that scent.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/16/2009 2:27:00 PM More reviews by heavenbent

I just couldn't get past the smell. It was not a pretty smell at all - it reminded me of the old women at church - kind of a dusty, perfumey smell. It did an adequate job of moisturizing my hands, but no better than some drugstore brands. It took a few minutes to absorb completely. If you find that you like the fragrance, you might be happy to know that it lingered for a long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2009 5:26:00 AM More reviews by sumug

It's good but I've tried better - namely SVR Creme Mains. I always dabble with the main cosmetic brand names and for SPF that's what I always carry in my purse (Shiseido, Natura Bisse, Lancome, Clarins etc. - any hand cream with SPF) - but for a staple hand cream I've been using SVR Creme Mains winter spring summer and fall for over 10 years. This Clarins hand cream - Creme Jeunesse des Mains - is good, especially if you like your hand cream to absorb quickly and leave no trace. It doesn't have a souffle texture but it behaves souffle-ishly. People with hands that are not too dry will probably love it. It has the typical Clarins fragrance that you'll find in the Hydra Quench line and the Moisture Rich Body Lotion - nice the first time but eventually it's too particular. The tube is a bit too large for the purse - in my opinion. I don't carry this one around. Won't buy this again when the tube is done because I think SVR Creme Mains is the best. BUT I do like the SPF version of this hand cream and THAT I do rebuy from time to time. (It's a bit liquidy though).

UPDATE 5/1/11: I was here today and noticed that in this review I'm raving about SVR Creme Mains - so in case I accidentally convinced someone who happens to have eczema to try it please note that as of last year I had to stop using it cause it started to flare up my eczema. I guess I might have developed an intolerance to it after all these years.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2009 8:14:00 PM More reviews by daphanfamily

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

beside the fact that the hand cream is quite expensive it is worth the price.i enjoy using it everyday , dont mind the smell but again its not a big deal to me....i would repurchase it but of course would love someone else to buy it for me hahah it just seems for the price they should make the hand cream bottle bigger, NO?!? lol

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2009 8:23:00 AM More reviews by barbiebien

best handcream i have used so far.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2009 8:58:00 PM More reviews by footballqueen07

This product is alright. It has a really nice soft and light feel to it. It's nice to carry around in my bag. But I wouldn't say it's an HG hand cream. It's just "nice" for me.