November 27, 2014 | 1478 users online

Liquid - Sisley - Oil Free Fluid Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2009 6:12:00 PM More reviews by loarc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This review is for the phyto teint eclat oil-free foundation in #3 which I bought 10 days ago. This foundation is HG for me. I love, love, love it! I had previously been happy using Chanel Teint Innocence but after knocking my skin care routine up several notches I began to wish for a little more. The more my skin tone improved the more I became obsessed with getting that beautiful youthful glow you see on women in the magazines. I got SK-II airtouche which was fabulous but almost a little too glowy (almost shiny) and not enough porelessness. The Sisley gives me the perfect balance of youthful glow and porelessness. Absolute perfection. As a testiment to its amazingness I got the ultimate compliment the other day. I work in surgery all day under harsh hospital operating room lights. A nurse was telling me how it was unfair, I was one of those people who had never gone through puberty and how I had perfect baby skin. Ha! Thats crazy! My skin is not perfect at all! Granted retin a, $$$ skincare, and clarisonic have cleared up my skin significantly... no more blemishes... but my pores are still huge and the texture of my skin still has a way to go... but this foundation is pure love for me. It evens out my skin tone, fills in my pores, and gives me a radiant look. Its very light coverage so it looks very natural but you need to have pretty decent skin in the first place or it wont be enough. Im not the biggest fan of the pump because I cant control the amount of product I want. I will repurchase this again, and again, and again! Love it!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2009 11:57:00 AM More reviews by scarlet000

simply - the best!!!!very expensive but worths every penny. coverage is medium, doesn't accentuate dry skin on cheeks and works good for t - zone. after cleaning my face i feel like my face was hydrated all day and i don't have a feeling of dryness on my face!i'm in love with that product!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2009 9:26:00 PM More reviews by frenchka

'You're glowing!' 'You look so healthy!' 'You look so well rested!' 'You have such a great complexion!' I have received countless compliments on my skin as a result of this product - at least one a day. I have had extremely problematic skin, and years of acne have left blemishes on my naked face. With this product, I truly look flawless. It is a miracle serum - it is so smooth, light weight, easy to blend. The greatest quality of this product is that it looks so natural.

While the cost may seem ridiculous, (close to 130 from Holt Renfrew), every penny is extremely well spent. If you know anyone going on an international trip, see if you can get them to pick up your shade from the duty free as it is significantly cheaper.

After almost one year of using this product (I'm nearing my second bottle - you really don't need much) I can not imagine using anything else.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2009 1:32:00 PM More reviews by lychee124

Expensive, but worth it! I used Giorgio Armani luminous silk foundation prior to this and loved it, but this is even better. Immediately, everyone began telling me that my skin looked flawless as if I'm not wearing any makeup at all. With GA, I tended to get "smears" along my forehead and nose at the end of the day, but this foundation stays on much better with little touch up. I'm asian and was wavering between 2 and 2+ for the color. I ended up choosing 2, b/c it was a little more brightening, whereas the 2+ gives you a little bit more of a tan glow.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2009 11:14:00 AM More reviews by VeryVain1985

Edit 20/02/2010: Although this is still my HG, I really hate the color selection. Right now I'm at my palest (around NC 15) and Ivory 01 is even a bit too dark and yellow for my liking. I've seen Porcelaine 0 at the counters, but that one seems too light (more for NC 10) and also too yellow for me... I'm tempted to buy that one as well, but the heavy price tag keeps me away for now. Why does the lighter colors of Sisley foundation has such a strong yellow undertone... why Sisley why???

Original review: I'm NC 20 and color Soft Beige suits my skintone the most. Wish the color range was wider, they only have 5 colors or so. This foundation is the best I've ever used, other foundations are always too thick, oily or sheer. Or worse some foundations even cause me to breakout like MAC foundations.

This foundation provides a medium sheer coverage, so it's perfect for daily use. If I want more coverage I just add another layer and still it wouldn't look to artificial and cakey. The finish is natural and soft. For the ones with an oily t-zone it's best to set it with a powder to make the foundation last longer.

The cons of this foundation would be: it has no spf, if they added spf in this foundation I would give it 5 lippies. But most Sisley products doesn't have spf anyway... Also this foundation carries a hefty pricetag.
At the end this is my HG foundation. I'm glad the saleswoman recommended me this, she was right, if you have used this foundation once you wouldn't go back to another brand.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2009 10:36:00 AM More reviews by alicebignami

This is the type of mat fluid foundation I was looking for: easy to blends, lightweight, mat, does not set into lines/pores, looks very natural, stays put and it is easy to remove with a standard cleanser. Colour no.1 is perfect for my winter skin. The scent is a tad strong to start with but then it fades away. The price is ridiculous but...sometimes I have spent the same amount buying 3 or 4 foundations which I was not happy with...
But when you are on a cheaper budget check out for Lancome Adaptive, which I found very similar in performance.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2008 2:56:00 AM More reviews by soleil_kitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am currently fiddling around with two samples: Chanel Mat Lumiere and Sisley Teint Eclat. A generous sales clerk at my perfumery gave me these to test before I buy. To make a long story short: Sisley is the ultimate liquid foundation for me, period. I have this in shade "1" and it turned out absolutely perfect for my fair skin tone. In the beginning I thought this was a bit too yellow maybe, but its colour adapted to my natural skin tone and almost vanished. It gives me a radiant, porcelain doll-like appearance. My skin looks absolutely natural, just a hundred times better, as if it was airbrushed. Imho, the sheer to medium coverage is the key to this, it lets one's own skin still shine through. It's also very feathery and light-weight in texture, almost as if it isn't there at all. I figure this is the perfect foundation for both winter and summer months. It stays put every day, even without any powder over it. I refused to use powder while testing because I really wanted to see what the foundation is able to do without any "fixing aid". So after applying it turns velvety matte and leaves a powdery, perfect finish. I found it is important to pat it on rather than swipe it because that might leave ugly smears. And yeah, I apply it with my fingertips rather than with a sponge or brush. That way it simply melts into the skin. Anyway, it stays pretty matte almost the entire day and controls oil just well enough without any powder. I admit, my T-zone is pretty oily so that is quite an accomplishment for any foundation. However, there is some - well - "added glow" around noon. I have to play fair and admit that much. But I really don't mind at all. To me, it just adds to the doll-like look of my face and I am in love too much with this feature to be annoyed. Oh, and I also love(!) its awesome herbal scent. That is just adorable.
As soon as I am done with my sample, I will buy myself a bottle. It comes at a hefty price (75 €), but to me it's worth every cent.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2008 2:17:00 AM More reviews by Nagomimakuri

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've never splurged so much on a foundation before, but I first tried it out as a sample and really liked its smooth texture. I have combination skin, and this foundation works well on most areas of my skin, leaving an even matte finish. However, I find that it tends to appear flaky when applied to areas of skin that is dry, so it works better with oilier skin types. I am normally acne-prone as well, but this foundation has not caused me to break out. The coverage is light to medium, but just heavy enough to even out my skin tone. As other reviewers have mentioned, the pump-bottle design ensures that you don't waste too much of the product, and since I don't go for excessive coverage all over, one pump is enough for me. This foundation glides on extremely well with Sisley Hydraflash Intensive formula, but unfortunately I only had a sample of the Hydraflash as it is pretty expensive! Since the foundation does not have a built in sunscreen, I usually wear it over my Clinique superdefense moisturiser, which works quite well.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2008 7:28:00 PM More reviews by noinoi

After doing a pretty thorough search of foundations I am re-reviewing this product. I think it IS good and I will re-purchase when I need a new bottle of foundation. It is the BEST ivory colour for my skin. I have it in Ivory and it leaves my skin looking clear and doesn't break me out.

Cap broke immediately though. Surprised with the cost of this they couldn't do better with that. Liked the glass bottle though. More eco than plastic.

Its a matt rather than glossy finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2008 3:23:00 PM More reviews by xCatx

This is hands down the best foundation i have EVER used.. Unfortunately it's very expensive, i would love to buy this again for sure but the price makes me think twice.. maybe i will right before the holidays!

My acne-prone oily skin had no problems with it whatsoever, no break outs, no clogged pores, and my skin looked radiant! #2 is perfect for me, best colour match ever (MAC NC15, Clinique Superfit 17 cream). Slight pink hue, not too much though it looks neutral.

I don't like the glass packaging cause for that money you don't wanna waste a drop.. but you can't have it all i suppose.

My advice, get it! But definitely try b4 you buy cause it's expensive