September 17, 2014 | 1950 users online

Lips - Vaseline - Vaseline

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2011 9:22:00 PM More reviews by wunverdoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Pros :
Dirt cheap
Easy to find
Very Moisterising

Cons: none

This us a great all around balm. It's cheap , easy to find. I use it on my lips, to condition my eyelashes and eyebrows, rough patches of skin, cuticles and it works great on feet. Will rephuchase again and again. Do wish packaging was more huffing though so taking one lipstick off for that.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2011 7:12:00 PM More reviews by dinosaaur

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

LIFESAVER! I'm in love with lip balm so if I see any that catch my eye, I will buy it and try it. This ended up with me using some Blistex lip balm with menthol in it. I loved the scent so I kept using it but little did I know, I'm allergic to menthol/peppermint oil in lip balm. When I finally realized that I should stop using my Blistex, I started using Burt's Bees lip balm which ALSO contains peppermint oil. After about a year of this, I went to the doctor to check out my lips because it looked like I had a rash. Turns out it actually was a rash and she recommended that I use Vaseline for now. Without this stuff, I don't know what would've happened to my poor lips.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/8/2011 4:57:00 PM More reviews by MMRVZ

I hate vaseline.. it dries out my lips like crazy... not moisturizing at all! i have a small jar for like years. everytime when i want to give it a try again, its still not working for me...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2010 11:37:00 PM More reviews by Jinhee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a love -hate relationship with Vaseline. The feel, the scent, the texture is problematic for me. While it is the best, most emollient, protecting, healing, balm known to man, it is also the stickiest, thickest, greasiest, most annoying.....you get the idea. I use this at night and I had the same jar for three years.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2010 7:06:00 AM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I was in kindergarden, my mother used to slather this all over my face, every single day. It made the torture of putting my hair in a ponytail almost pleasant in comparison. I vividly recall the horrible unctuousness with a shudder. I cannot stand the texture of it, and the thought of using it as a moisturizer or makeup remover makes me want to drop kick a baby. Anyway, that being said, I have used this on my lips from time to time. It works great with a washcloth to remove dead skin on my lips when I'm sick. And also if you have fly aways a tiny bit rubbed over your hair will make your hair stay down. Useful stuff, but my mother has biased me against it unfortunately.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/2/2010 10:35:00 AM More reviews by Natura11

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Did you guys know that Vaseline happens to be pur petrolatum/Mineral Oil? Do you know how unhealthy that is? I just read up on it and was shocked because I always used it when I had something dry. Hey, my mom and my grandma used it. But read this:

The problem is that mineral oil is foreign to the human body and has many harmful effects, especially on infants.

¤ Mineral oil acts as a thin plastic layer on the skin.

¤ It is difficult to absorb and clogs the pores, which slows the skin’s ability to eliminate toxins. Remember, the skin is the body’s largest organ and plays an important role in maintaining overall health!

¤ Once the oil is absorbed, it is broken down by the liver and passes through the intestinal tract. And once the oil is present in the intestinal tract, it will absorb all of the fat-soluble vitamins found there. It is essentially stealing important vitamins from the body, which the body will not be able to replace. This can eventually lead to nutritional deficiencies.

¤ Studies have also shown forms of pneumonia caused by mineral oil decreasing lung function, known as lipoid pneumonia. Because of these dangers, the medical community has condemned the use of mineral oil taken orally or as an ingredient in medications.

That right there really scared me and made me throw out my vaseline. Bye trusty vaseline. Now I look for something more natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2010 10:29:00 AM More reviews by Rumbleroar

I have very dry lips, and when my mom told me to use this, I instantly saw results!!! Lovelovelooooove this!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2010 9:45:00 PM More reviews by Starae

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love love vaseline! I use it to take off mascara and eyeliner, soften stubborn dry patches of skin on my face, make a sugar scrub for my lips and upper lip and to help stop little cuts from bleeding.

I definitely will buy again, when that day comes. I've used my jar for two months now and it's still going.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2010 9:23:00 PM More reviews by rachel85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

awesome everything product .. will deff buy again

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2010 1:09:00 AM More reviews by frostythesnowman81

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

This leaves my lips soft but I don't feel like it *cures* the dryness.