September 21, 2014 | 1004 users online

Mascara - Wet 'n' Wild - Protein Mascara

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2006 1:42:00 AM More reviews by eqing

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Wow people don't like this stuff huh? It's $1 mascara and for that dollar it preforms rather well. It darkens and separates, doesn't do so much for volume, but it doesn't irritate my contacts one bit either. The 2k calories mascara had me tearing.Theres a learning curve to applying and yes, it stays wet for a long, long time.It basic and does the job. Worth your dollar.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2006 12:45:00 PM More reviews by sparklestar2741

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow, I was so surprised how good this product really is. I usually am picky whenever it comes to eye makeup, however, I was at CVS and saw it was on sale, so I just had to try and see what all the hype was about when it comes to Wet and Wild cosmetics. I wore this mascara today for the first time and it is still lasting just like I first applied it this morning. I don't see any smears, streaks... etc and it make my lashes really full and dark! I love it. The tube is much larger ( fatter) then the original mascara's this company sells. I only paid about $2.00... Deal or what for a good product? So far, so good... so I am hoping that I will continue to enjoy this product. Thanks wet and wild for this mascara... i will sure to repurchase in the future! :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2006 1:54:00 AM More reviews by Chena

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Maybe I got a terrible batch, but I just needed something for one day when I forgot my mascara and wanted to get something cheap. I like WnW's other products like lipsticks, glosses, eye/lip liners, so I figured I'd try the mascara. It was horrible! It was so fluid and I swear it NEVER dried. Honestly, 30 min later it was still somewhat damp. Horrible.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2005 10:54:00 PM More reviews by Lippyloo

I was invited to an evening event and didn't have makeup with me, so I bought this $1.99 mascara, figuring it couldn't be too bad. Well, it wasn't... *too* bad. (Just to clarify, this is the Protein Mascara formula, which I think is W-N-W's original formula, before they came out with waterproof and MegaWink). Didn't go on clumpy at all, so points for that, but also didn't lengthen and thicken appreciably. You can't just pile on multiple coats to make up for this, as the formula is quite watery and doesn't "build" on itself-- or lashes-- with additional coats. Another bummer: smears at the first hint of eye moisture. Kind of a thin, anemic mascara. Also, when I removed the seal from the bottle, it left a wide ring of very sticky adhesive behind, as cheap seals will do. Result: a mascara bottle that's a magnet for hair and grime.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2005 8:29:00 PM More reviews by Alexine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I just recently repurchased this mascara. I used to wear it 5-6 years ago and I always got compliments on my lashes. It would separate, thicken and lengthen my already long lashes, so I repurchased it with high hopes for the same effect it used to have. To my disappointment, the formula is too watery and thin and even after 3 coats, it didn't do a thing for my lashes. My lashes looked sparse and barely there. It was very wierd and worse than Great Lash.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2005 9:32:00 PM More reviews by peppermint_eel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

HOW TO LOVE THIS MASCARA:

1. take out wand, wipe the brush off in some wadded up tissue or TP at least once
2. apply de-goopified brush over lashes
3. let the damn stuff dry for at least a minute
4. repeat if desired

Making the brush a little drier is wasting product, but seriously, it's so cheap so just do it! It works like a charm. I bought this stuff in brown on a lark, and I think it's better than Fantastic Lash, which used to be my HG. After it's on, it has better staying power than Full 'N Soft waterproof! I've been using it for 2 weeks with no flaking. I also wear contact lenses and have had ZERO problems.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2005 1:06:00 AM More reviews by Jadetive

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Crappy product. A liquidy mess. Will smudge no matter what you do and it takes ages to dry. No special curling or voluminizing effect AT ALL. Just makes my lashes look wet.

UPDATE: The whole mascara brush came off. Ugh. Flimsy AND crappy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2005 7:44:00 PM More reviews by Crispyhexagon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

For my 4th round of cancer crap I decided one budget I could cut was my makeup but I refuse to look like crap so I thought I'd give some of the cheap lines a try and although this def. does not make my lashes as full as like my full and more expensive stuff this is great it doesn't flake and I really haven't noticed alot of smudging unless I rub my eyes , it does take a lil while to dry but I typically put my mascara on last anyhow because I'm a clutz and I found that if I do the bottom lashes first I dont get the mascara dots on my brow bone area from the top lashes being wet when I do the bottom ones. Foundation, lil blush and this mascara and I'm set to go for the morning

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2005 12:32:00 AM More reviews by barberree

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

With a product so horrid, at least the packaging should be cute. Alas, the packaging looks cheap -- unlike some WnW products i've tried.
Anyway, i bought this is Brown in order to try a cheap brown mascara on me to see if i liked it, before splurging on a high-end brand. not only does this stuff barely cover my lashes (not hard to do -- my lashes are light brown and sparse), but what little appeared to be on my lashes smudged, no matter how long i waited for it to dry. unlike some, say, liquid liners, for example, it's not a matter of allowing the product to dry -- it's matter of bad formula. what little doesn't rub off within the first 20 minutes you apply will be certain to be found on the rest of your face within 2 hours. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2004 10:27:00 AM More reviews by rossjen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was just too wet and goopy to work with. It did not dry and left me with racoon eyes. I would not recommend this one.