September 2, 2014 | 1842 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Body Butter - Cocoa Butter

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2009 9:09:00 AM More reviews by swissmocha10

I love this body butter, the best I have so far, especially i love the smell...
I wish body shop could make a perfume with this scent, yummy!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2009 2:20:00 PM More reviews by operapearls

I worked at the body shop for several years, and this butter is by far my favorite. It's not a greasy as some of the others and sinks in super fast. My skin feels like silk! I LOVE IT! I would recommend this to all my friends!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2009 11:49:00 PM More reviews by aisutei

I really love this Cocoa butter. It has helped me eliminate the appearance of my stretch marks, and also keep my skin baby soft. I also really like the scent of the product; sweet & feminine. I would definately recommend this to friends :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2009 11:12:00 AM More reviews by megglundrigan

I bought this on the weekend when the Body Shop had their body butters and scrubs on for 2/$30 and I fell in love with the smell which was rich and chocolate-y but not too strong. I used it all over after my shower and my skin absorbed it surprisingly quickly and even got rid of the dry bumpy patches on my elbows, which no moisturizer has been able to do. It is some how light enough for all over my body but thick enough to slather all over my feet as a foot cream. Leaves skin soft and smooth but not greasy at all (provided it absorbs properly). I find it to be a thicker version of Vaseline's Intensive Cocoa Butter Moisturizer.

Price: The price is on the more expensive side (for me) but I got this in a deal so it wasn't too bad. The tub seems huge and it looks like the product will last a really long time.

Packaging: Comes in a large tub with a screw-on top, so I guess scooping the cream out with your hands isn't exactly the most hygenic way of doing things but I haven't experienced problems yet.

My favorite body butter so far. Would definately re-purchase :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2009 6:44:00 AM More reviews by bebe_girl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

nice-smelling product that does its job pretty well to moisturize the body but i wish it didn't smell so chocolate-y. i mean, this is just like a thicker version of palmer's cocoa butter formula with vitamin e! i prefer less chocolate-y cocoa butter like the ones from marks & spencer that's been discontinued. i loved that stuff so much! oh well.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2009 4:58:00 AM More reviews by 135792468

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

While I love the texture of this, the smell is just too chocolatey for me. It makes me feel a bit ill. But then I'm not a big fan of gourmand smells so it's my own fault for getting it. I think the Body Shop body butters are a bit overpriced but luckily they are often on sale or at 2 for 1 offers.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2009 1:33:00 PM More reviews by KikiBee09

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this and use it at least a few times every week! I love the soft, subtle scent this leaves on my skin - nice and clean smelling, not overpowering if I wear a perfume too. This absorbs pretty quickly, in 3-5 minutes or so, and is really moisturizing. I'm always putting in on my feet and hands. I've bought this over and over again and will continue to do so, love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2009 3:35:00 AM More reviews by pepperygirl

I have this in my drawer and use it whenever I feel like it.
It leaves my skin soft and moisturize though I much prefer the spa wisdom series. It appears to be far too greasy.
Had difficulties holding on to pens and greasy stains will be left behind on anything I touch after applying. Other than that it is great.
Definitely sold at a reasonable rate in singapore since it is understood you pay for the quality you received. ($29.90)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2009 2:57:00 AM More reviews by esissan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a pretty good body butter. Moisturizes well. It is non-greasy yet leaves a nice sheen on the skin. The scent is a little weird, though.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2009 12:20:00 PM More reviews by ninana11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

From the three body butters that I have, I like this the most (the others are Mango and Moringa).
The smell is absolutely adorable, if you put it on in the morning you can still smell a scent the day after. Also it's not like you are carrying a cloud of smell with you around. Just a hint of smell.

It goes on smoothly and absorbs quite well, actually I also use this for my face. It leaves sometimes a tiny layer behind, but I cover it with powder and then its okay.
I also often cream my feet with this thickly before I go to bed and put on thick socks on. The next day I have wonderful feet, really moisturized (i have very dry feet).

The butter is a bit thick, not creamy like the Moringa Butter for example. So in order to avoid wasting too much of the product, I usually take a little bit and then rub it between my hands, so that it warms up and applies better.

Of course it is expensive, but its worth the price. Good quality. There is a dupe for this in Germany though, the one from Balea.

All in all I loooooove this product, it is (until now) my favourite butter from The Body Shop. :)