July 23, 2014 | 1070 users online

Body Scrubs - MD Formulations - Face and Body Scrub

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2007 10:50:00 AM More reviews by Crstna36

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG exfoliator! I love this stuff. It comes in a huge 8+ oz. bottle that will last forever. I mix a tiny squirt of this with my MD Formulations Facial Cleanser every morning (or every other morning) depending on how flaky my retin-a skin feels in the AM. I GENTLY massage this into my skin while it is dry, jump in the shower, add a little water, massage some more and then rinse. Smooooth skin and flake free. If you massage gently there should be no irritation. The beads are small and smooth (polyethelene) so they don't rip and tear the skin. The added glycolic acid works as a chemical exfoliant while the beads work as a mechanical exfoliant. Double Whammy! Did I say I love this stuff??

Update (Sept 2, 2010): This is still my absolute favorite manual exfoliant and I still have the same bottle! Did I say the bottle was HUGE. I have a million scrubs, but this is the one I always seem to reach for. My favorite way to use this is at the end of a shower when my skin is steamed and clean. I do blot my face with a towel first which is hard to do during a shower, but I find this works best if your face isn't dripping wet. I like the aspirin mask almost as much but it takes more work so out of the two this wins.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2007 8:04:00 PM More reviews by Tracy74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this scrub. I use it on my face and body. MD makes a great line of skincare. I am hooked.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2007 11:55:00 PM More reviews by Girlfit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I just used this product for the first time during my weekly bath ritual with my hubbie. I did not use it on my face, just my body and really focusing on any area I was going to shave. Worked very nicely to exfoliate prior to shaving and I felt I did get a nice close shave afterwards. This huge bottle will last a long time and with the price, the price per use average is nominal. So a very affordable product for sure. I like the high amount of glycolic in it and I do like the density of the beads. I would for sure get this again. The only other scrub similar to this that I like as much is the DermaDoctor KP Duty scrub.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2007 8:45:00 AM More reviews by sitesister

For me, this is the HG of exfoliators, and the only one I ever use on both my face and body. The biggest plus point is that it has such a high concentration of beads so I don't have to spend ages trying to spread them out across my skin, and though it isn't what I would describe as 'gentle', it certainly isn't too harsh as a once- or twice-weekly face scrub (though I would not use it more often than that on my face) and makes my complexion look so bright and fresh.
On my body, it is great at keeping little bumps and ingrown hairs at bay, though because of the fairly high price I don't use it all over my body very often (though it is excellent for this purpose, and does go a long way).
I have never experienced any irritation using this product, and though it doesn't smell particularly luxurious, like some of my more fragrant scrubs, it is certainly a first-rate exfoliant that I shall buy again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2007 2:32:00 AM More reviews by Cinderella79

No doubt this is the best scrub on the market. I use the entire MD line for my face, with occasional try outs of other high end and low end products (big mistake every time!). This scrub is so effective because of the glycolic amount, yet so gentle and fine-grained, I can use this on my sensitive skin almost every day! Ladies, you can easily use a gentle scrub like this one more than the *twice-a-week* everybody claims. Mind you, even beauty professionals came to the conclusion that it is ok to peel your face on a daily basis. Why else would there be more and more products on the market with *daily exfoliating* properties? Exactly!

So my trick with this scrub: I mix a little drop every other day with my MD Facial Cleanser Sensitive. Result: purified, smooth and glowing skin and less breakouts. And since it's such a uge bottle, this last me ages! (I don't use it on my body, I prefer large graines to scrub my body in the shower)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2007 6:36:00 PM More reviews by wylie1204

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

One of my biggest challenges in life has been trying to keep my arms covered at all times. As a fair skinned woman, the disfiguring keratosis pilaris bumps on the backs of my arms made me ashamed. I could never wear sleeveless tops and felt embarassed every time I had to wear a bathing suit. Trips to the dermatologist were expensive and fruitless. I needed some help that I could afford and that was effective! I only just recently discovered this amazing scrub. Not only did it leave my skin feeling as soft as velvet, I noticed after the first use, the redness went down and bumps were minimized. With a 15% glycolic acid base, you'll notice results immediately. It will not cure my keratosis pilaris completely, but with a good long scrub and a slather of self tanner, I am much more confident in the way my arms look. I will buy this product as long as they make it. THANK YOU MD FORMULATIONS!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2007 4:04:00 PM More reviews by Hilarie86

A big YAY from me. I've tried soo many scrubs, but I didn't really see any results with any of them. I use this twice a week and it really makes my skin GLOW. I was amazed the first time I used it and woke up with beautiful glowy skin. The best thing about this is that it can be used as a mask.. my skin gets soar very easily so I just apply this, wait ten minutes and voila! Will buy again and again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2007 10:43:00 AM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have large pores, oily conjested skin. I use this on my most oiliest days of the month. I used this everyday on my face and it dried my skin out completely, its very harsh so I dont recommend it for daily use. Only 1-2 day(s) a week is sufficient, I also recommend not using this in winter time, in hotter climates with face scrub is perfect. I follow it with glycare lotion (its actually a toner) and illuminating serum if needed. All three work perfect together, almost as a mini facial.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2006 1:03:00 AM More reviews by purplesage

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this scrub. My facialist told me to use it once a week to maintain my skin and eliminate blackheads. I also use it on my back and areas of my body which are prone to pimples. I only use a little amount and the bottle lasts ages.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2006 2:10:00 AM More reviews by Flummig

Since my facialist recommend me this, I'm stuck. I have tried a millions different scrubs, belive me. And when I started to use this product and all my bumps on my arms are gone, my face is glowing and my blemishes are smaller. It scrubs away many dead skin cells, but it is still very gentle. I am never red or irritated after using. I also like the very pleasent smell. I love it, recommend it to everyone!