July 30, 2014 | 1238 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Select Sheer Pressed Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2011 12:04:00 AM More reviews by KimLoveLe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

BEST powder I've used so far !

With every single powder that I use, it seems to give me a really cakey look, but when a friend told me about MAC's pressed powder, and how it was supposedly "the best powder out there' , I felt like I had nothing to lose.

A little pricey, but well WORTH IT; it gives a nice sheer cover, and is not cakey AT ALL! (which was a nice surprise, since every other powder seemed to cake on my skin ): )

The little pouf is very soft and gives the perfect cover; not too much, and not too little

Will definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2011 11:38:00 AM More reviews by BRANDI7013

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have the worlds oiliest skin! This powder has been my holy grail for awhile now. And, I would have never tried it had MAC not given my mom the wrong pressed powder (this instead of studio fix.) It has just a hint of coverage--just enough to set my makeup perfectly! It has been the best powder BY FAR at helping with my oily skin. It doesn't last a 12 hour day but it comes pretty damn close! I have repurchased this powder several times and will continue to do so. I have very oily & sensitive skin, and I get a pimple a few times a month. This has not aggravated my skin at all!!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2011 3:13:00 AM More reviews by ladyflash13

I bought this powder with the intention of using it to set my makeup and for touch-ups throughout the day. I wasn't very impressed with it; it only works with a very matte foundation, or else goes on patchy. It applied best with a brush, not the sponge that is included (can look too powdery), which is okay for setting make up but not for touch ups on the go, which is what I wanted a compact for. I hit pan on this very quickly, and then found it difficult to use the rest of the product (of which there was still a fair amount). Overall, not an awful product as it matched my skin and felt nice on, but application difficulty lets it down. Especially for the price ($44 AUD) I will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2011 5:25:00 AM More reviews by blahblahh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Positives:
- Nice, lightweight, healthy feeling
- Nice, lightweight, healthy feeling (yes, I really like the sensation hence Iím counting it twice)

Negatives:
- Can be too powdery
- Create some splotches and uneven skin tone whenever I touch up more than once
- I expect better for the price

At the end of the day, I can name other powders that perform similarly or even better at cheaper prices than this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2011 11:01:00 PM More reviews by lovejustinb246

helps with oil control.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2011 1:11:00 AM More reviews by takemenow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Does not control oil, makes my skin look powdery, bleh. It's not a good powder for me. I am always disappointed with MAC products. I will definitely not repurchase seeing as I can get a drug store powder for half the price and it would give better results.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2011 10:52:00 PM More reviews by bambigirl0512

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I find this powder to be just average. It doesn't give me any coverage, and doesn't stop my skin from getting oily. It also leaves me with that powdery look. I prefer the studio careblend pressed powder. It is a much better option for my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/17/2011 10:52:00 PM More reviews by msmanetti

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this in NC25 after much investigation and deliberation. I still got it wrong anyway :( This seems to accentuate fine hairs and look powdery on top. On the positive side it is very lightweight and sheer, and the colour matches my skin fairly closely. It seems to last about 6 hours (for me anyway). Price in Australia is $43, but you can get it online cheaper. Won't repurchase as I want a powder that doesn't look so powdery...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2011 1:03:00 PM More reviews by DeorcVal

I love this powder! I have skin that gets pretty oily throughout the day. I use MAC Studio Fix Fluid NW20 and set it with this powder in NW20. Something that usually throws people off is that it's called SHEER powder when really, it offers pretty good coverage. Because my foundation already gives me medium coverage, I apply this powder with a kabuki brush in order to apply a thin amount. The powder sets my foundation perfectly and makes me look fresh and flawless, (which is an acheivement with my skin!).
Although I have oily skin, I much prefer this to the Blot Powder.
I always use a kabuki brush when applying and have never tried the applicator it comes with because my oily skin destroys pressed powders when I use their applicators. :/
Sometimes I skip the foundation and just use this powder if I don't have time.
The coverage is slightly buildable.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2011 8:43:00 PM More reviews by raspberrysorceress

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this in NC5 nearly a year ago, and to be honest - I thought it was crap. I was told by the MUA that it would set my foundation nicely (this was back when I was using studio fix fluid) and it looked like a horrible cakey mess on me. Clogged my pores and made me look heavily made up. Too matte. So, it was banished to the back of the cupboard.

Recently I've started using chanel pro lumiere and as that is a foundation that really needs to be set, I resorted to using this to set it with and for touch-ups throughout the day. It is perfect. Sets the foundation lovely and makes me look even more flawless than I would with just the foundation on. I really love it now, and I've started using it with a brush instead of the puff it comes with (for less heavy application) and I must say it is wonderful. I'm not giving it a 5 because I don't think it's utterly amazing but it really does it's job well. Sets, and controls oil/shine that accumulates throughout the day. Best of all I think this is the sort of product that will last for ages and I won't need to replace it very soon at all!