April 20, 2014 | 1686 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear (old formula)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2013 2:57:00 AM More reviews by GVPerez1

Ok so when it comes to Foundations I'm very particular about what I wear because when I started using Liquid Foundation I began using MAC and that was a disaster because it made me break out and the foundation would somehow fade away within an hour or two so I had a real hard time finding a foundation that was right for me.

Finally I was tired of having Trial & Errors with several Liquid Foundations so I sought out the help of a Professional. I had specific preferences for the kind of Foundation I was looking for which was that it was Full-Coverage, Won't make me Breakout, Long-Lasting, and Something that doesn't make me look like a cake face.

Finally the make-up artist recommended Estee Lauder D.W and at first I was a bit skeptical because this brand never really caught my attention but I decided to give it a try and finally I felt I found the perfect foundation because it does all the things I want in a Liquid foundation. The price is something I'm not too fond of but at the end of the day its totally worth it! I love this foundation so much that I got my cousin into it and now she's obsessed!! I would definitely recommend this Liquid Foundation!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2013 12:27:00 PM More reviews by BeautyBead

I tried this foundation at the recommendation of a make up artist, as I was seeking light foundation coverage for the summer months. I hadn't ever used anything from Estee Lauder because I think it's for "old ladies" but was pleasantly surprised at how well Double Wear worked for my skin. I get compliments and it has great coverage that isn't too heavy. I use spiced sand color and against my tan brown skin as an African American woman this foundation looks great alone over my moisturizer and primers. I would tell friends to try it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2013 7:52:00 AM More reviews by nattiekins05

There is such hype with this product claiming that it stays in place, transfer free, mattifying, oil and shine free foundation that leaves your skin looking flawless. The liquid foundation claims to last for an entire 15 hours!!! My expectations of Estee Lauder have a lot to live up to as I am a make-up junky who is always trying new things- love anything from high end to drug store makeup. Here is my FULL review:

First off, I would highly recommend getting samples of DW before you commit to buying it, purely to make sure that the color is right for you. There is such a wide range of shades available from Estee Lauder and while it may be easy to find a shade to suit you, you just have to be careful that you're being matched to the correct color as the bright lights in department stores are very deceiving. Don't be afraid to go with your gut instinct as I did and go against the advice of the girls at the counter and ALWAYS get a sample first. I ended up going with a different color than what was recommended to me, because I didnt like how warm the shade was. I have bought E.L. at different department stores, and its usually a hit or miss with those sales associates. Some of them know what they are talking about, and some dont. Just be aware of the lighting in the store, its always best to go home and try it out there. Yes, they have testers for you to try but they still do you no good with the lighting- so get a few samples to try, before you spend the $30+ on this product.

The liquid foundation is very powder based which makes it a godsend for oily skin but feared by those with normal to dry skin. If you have normal skin to oily then you'll be fine with this foundation but I really wouldn't suggest it for people with dry skin as the high powder content makes it very drying. If your skin is more combination or oily with dry patches, I would recommend wearing a moisturiser underneath the Double Wear foundation, even people with oily skin who don't wear a moisturiser under their make up can benefit from a layer under their Double Wear. Again though, this is where getting a sample before hand can prove very valuable as you'll be able to tell from a few wears if this is going to be the right foundation for you. I have combination skin and while I did use a primer under the foundation, it looked good in both my dry and oily patches on my face- it didnt look cakey or gross. It was very light, dried like a powder and I never felt like I was wearing a mask at anytime, unlike some other full coverage foundations I have tried. Both the liquid and powder formulas are very buildable. Both the liquid and powder contain an SPF of 10. As a general rule FYI, if you're going to have your photograph taken then you should stay away from foundations that contain an SPF because it reflects the light from the flash and can make your face look lighter than your body. However Estee Lauder promises that Double Wear is photo friendly and since I have tested this out when having my photo taken during the day and on an evening, I can concur with this. Double Wear therefore is great for keeping your skin safe in the sun and great for when you're having your picture taken- result!

Double Wear liquid can be applied using a foundation brush (Estee Lauder has a really good foundation brush that i LOVE using, especially with their products!) or using your finger tips. Since DW liquid has a high powder content and is therefore fast drying, I like to use my fingers to apply it as this keeps the foundation warm and gives you a little extra time to apply it and blend it in. I like to blend it all over my face and down onto my neck. There's nothing worse than seeing someone whos neck is a completely different color to their face! If you decide to apply with a brush, you can apply to your face in sections allowing you to apply the product, and blend it perfectly before it dries and then move on to the next section. Worked beautifully for me (when I wanted to use a brush). Double wear provides a fast, even application with fantastic coverage, five stars there.

Double Wear is designed to stay in place all day and long lasting it certainly is. It has great staying power and it doesn't transfer onto my clothes. This will be great for next winter when I wear a lot of scarves. I love the finish it gives as it really does make my skin look natural and flawless. If you have combination skin like I do, it applies evenly to both my dry patches and oily patches. I have also noticed that all my other makeup just glides on after putting this on, making it a great base. I DO wear a primer under this foundation, to make for easy application, however I have been in a rush and used without and it still works well. ALSO, because of how good this product works as a base, all my other makeup (powder, bronzers, blushes, CHEAP and expensive) glide on so easy, and work wonderfully (with or without primer under this foundation)

The DW liquid foundation is a bit expensive in general, however this is high end makeup. This is no drug store crap, so when I spend $35 on this bottle, I dont feel bad because I could be spending MUCH more for a brand than this. I also believe the quality of the foundation is definitely worth the price tag and it lasts for ages. If theres one thing you spend a lot of money on in your make up bag then let it be a good foundation because I have learned your other, cheaper make up will sit much better on a good base.

The only thing that I disliked about this product, was the bottle that it came in. The bottle with a normal cap works well if you are applying makeup with a sponge, but there are a lot of us who use a brush or our fingertips, and this bottle makes it so hard to stay clean and not make a total mess. They need to put a pump on the top, so those of us who arent using makeup pads dont end up with foundation everywhere. I love Estee Lauders packing though. two stars,

16 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2013 3:36:00 PM More reviews by KamieShammy

This product covers well but for me it is so hard to blend in with no lines on my face, neck, and decollete. The coverage is decent and overall it is just an OK product. I think there are a lot better considering the extremely high price and hard mixibility.

I won't be buying again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2013 3:46:00 PM More reviews by Sammy123a

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this foundation. For years I have been searching for the ideal foundation and I think I have finally found it. I'm an nc40 in mac and I have purchased tawny in the double wear which matches my complexion perfectly. Unlike with some mac foundations it stays the same colour throughout the day. It covers amazingly and doesn't look cakey. I would definitely recommend this foundation :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2013 11:02:00 AM More reviews by RLeFebre

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is fantastic. I have never had compliments on my face/makeup in my life until I started using this. Woman have made many comments on how healthy my skin looks and how natural it looks. I won't use anything else. It is light, non-greasy, easy to use and stays on all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2013 6:29:00 AM More reviews by Natashajadee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is amazing! I can honestly say that this is my HG foundation! I bought this foundation last year and i have never had a problem with it except the packaging. Although the packaging is not the best, the product is amazing! I have extremely oily skin and my oils don't shine through! honestly amazing and recommed it to anyone with oily skin as i know that it holds the oils. it may be abit pricey for some people but your really getting your moneys worth... if only they'd change the packaging!

Overall, I love this product and would highly recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2013 12:25:00 AM More reviews by fatttoad909

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I apply this with a damp beauty blender w primer and it is beautiful!!! I don't understand why people claim its heavy, if applied lightly it's flawless. I have combo sometimes dry skin and it suits my skin fine.
What I don't like is awesome that I wish it had a pump b or a better way of dispensing product, but other than that, it's PERFECT.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2013 11:29:00 PM More reviews by msjohns888

Lots of people are displeased with the reformulation of this foundation, but I am pleased. When I tried the foundation before it was so heavy that it broke me out and the colors were too pink. Now they have a nice yellow base. My face looks powder fresh and it compliments my olive skin tone. I'm wearing Dawn2w and I'm an nc20 nc30. With texture issues because of severe acne last summer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2013 10:27:00 PM More reviews by JaneWhit99

This foundation is pretty great. It provides full coverage and lasts fairly long. I can wear it for a 6 hour day without worrying. I used to use this a lot until it irritated my face so I had to rotate it. Other than that I absolutely love this product. All you need is to mix a TINY TINY bit of moisturizer with it and apply with a brush.

I do recommend!