October 25, 2014 | 1733 users online

Conditioner - Aveda - Clove conditioner

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2007 6:03:00 PM More reviews by julevasquez

I had growing out highlights and my roots were showing. I couldn't get in to see my stylist for 3 weeks so I bought this stuff at Dillard's. My hair was blended very nicely. I thought about going dark again, but wasn't sure. This conditioner wasn't at all harsh and deposited color wonderfully. I do think I could have used a little more conditioning, because my hair is especially dry. Otherwise, it does what it says. Actually it does more than what it says. I really deposits color. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2006 10:43:00 PM More reviews by lexigal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am THRILLED with this conditioner after just using it for the first time! I bought it after reading the glowing MUA reviews and am soooo happy that I did.

My hair has been through some major self-imposed trauma lately. I overdid it with the highlights and then tried to dye over them. I ended up with a color (or colors) which wasn't *horrible* but had areas of ashy highlights, some ok highlights, and then a brassy color at the roots. I wanted something to blend this blondish, brownish mess without redying and further destroying my hair...or possibly making matters worse with the color!

My hair is naturally very fine, though I have a lot of it, and lt. brown/dark ashy blonde (naturally). This stuff not only did wonders for the color, but my hair actually feels very soft and conditioned...not weighed down in the least or dry. This stuff really does a decent job conditioning! As I mentioned, I just used this for the first time and followed the directions (left on 2-5 min. and then I clipped hair on top of head) since I wasn't sure how my porous hair would absorb the stuff. I think next time I may try to leave it on a bit longer. I will use this as others have to keep blending my colored hair with the new virgin hair. Great stuff. Wow!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2006 3:04:00 PM More reviews by jen1473

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is a necessity if your highlights come out too high! Really tones them down and blends to your hair (if you have brown to light brown hair of course). Price: Worth it! Much cheaper than getting your hair re-done! Plus, you only need to use it maybe twice a week - so it goes a long way!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2006 4:20:00 PM More reviews by gingerbread212

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Whew! This conditioner saved my hair from weird-highlights brassiness. I have light brown hair with natural coppery highlights, and when I wanted to, say, highlight the highlights, what did I get? Brassy yellow streaks! (Never again will I let that hairdresser do color...great cuts, but, well, anyway.) I got the Clove shampoo and conditioner after reading the reviews here on MUA, and all I can say is thanks, everyone! The brassiness is definitely muted and toned down, and the streaks blend in with the rest of my hair. As for making a mess in the shower, I didn't notice anything, but then, I don't let my showerhead spray everywhere -- I just use the "rainshower" type of straight-down stream. My hands were a little stained after I applied the conditioner, but it came off very easily with a little facial scrub. No big deal at all. It's not a deep conditioner, but it does make my hair nice and shiny and soft. I'll alternate with Redken All Soft.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2006 1:04:00 PM More reviews by kates76

I use the clove conditioner once a week to blend any lightened pieces in my dark brown hair (I prefer it dark). It works very well and leaves my hair shiny and bouncy. I can't use it more than once per week or it tends to dry out my hair a bit. Also - beware the mess it can make in the shower! Otherwise a great product. Love the clove shampoo as well.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2006 11:55:00 AM More reviews by bluekatiecat

This product delivers what it promises but beware - it really stains your hands and towels! Rinse out the shower after use too, or you'll end up with brown grouting.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2006 3:10:00 PM More reviews by Tiabla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great product. I got the worst highlights ever (platinum blonde on dark brown hair) and this conditioner helped them mellow out to a much better auburn color. I saw results after one application. The conditioner makes my hair smooth and shiny, too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2006 12:01:00 PM More reviews by kmkssm

This is a great conditioner for stretching out your visits to the salon for color. I have warm dark brown haircolor. If I use this conditioner and leave on as directed my color will last 6-8 wks. Before using this I had to touch up/ recolor approx every 4 wks. This is a money as well as timesaver. I do not use it every time but at least once a week. You can mix a little heavier conditioner with it if you need to do so. To keep your roots from showing be sure to apply there first and ends last as this does deposit color. Rinse well. Clove has worked well for all the shades of brown I have been as well as with my highlights. If you leave on longer the color will be darker and vise versa.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2006 10:01:00 AM More reviews by lisaf6501

I'm really liking this conditioner. I used to dye my hair a cool-toned almost black color, and I used the Black Malva then and liked it. I've since recolored my hair and put more warm tones in it, so I decided to try the Clove coniditioner based on the good reviews. I really like it. Even after one washing (I have only the conditioner, not the shampoo), I could really tell the difference. My hair seemed extra shiny, too. I don't use it every time I wash because the formula isn't moisturizing enough. Other than that, it's perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2006 10:28:00 PM More reviews by NoiselessAudio

I love this condishioner, and my sister loves it, too. The scent is very refreshing and natural. I have light brown/dark blonde hair with highlights, and I use it to cover a bit of a mishap I caused while I was applying light golden streaks... besides that usage, I love it all around. It makes my hair shiny and gives it good body. Does not leave a icky silicone residue. Condishions adequately and moisturizes fully. The tone it gives is very nice and desirable - not too cool but not unconvincingly warm either. I will give a probably frequently given warning - rinse out the shower after using! It stains shower curtains (even plastic ones) and grout!