August 1, 2014 | 943 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Maximum Coverage Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2011 4:02:00 PM More reviews by greeneyedannie

HOLY GRAIL. Took a while to get the hang of applying this. I use a few drops of organic Argan oil underneath (I've super-sensitive skin) and it applies like a dream with my fingertips. And just a PEA-SIZED amount (so a tube lasts for ages) or you'll resemble a Las Vegas showgirl. Coverage is phenomenal. My rubbish skin looks flawless. I've given HG status to foundations in the past but they've always let down in the end. Have worn this for 6wks and I'm still a very happy bunny. You do have to ask for it as it's not always on display. Well done Estée Lauder!

07/04/11
    So I should have kept my big mouth shut. You went and discontinued it. And I've rung every department store and branch of Boots in the UK looking for it!!

And the Double Wear Maximum Cover broke me out, BADLY.
    What did you add to it, EL???

17/04/11
    But, woo hoo, I visited my little home town in Ireland this weekend and got my hands on THREE tubes of the stuff. Phew, I should be ok for a coupla years!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2011 11:21:00 PM More reviews by jamie__marie

a wonderful product. my skin is super red, acne prone, and i have a lot of problems finding the right foundation. i tried this, and have worn it for years now. it is a full coverage makeup, but has a powder-like texture on the skin. i'm super oily, and everything feels heavy on me...this only started feeling that way if i had it on longer than 12 hours. anything feels that way on me after that long though! i will say if you are dry, you HAVE to moisturize, make sure you exfoliate, because any dry texture to the skin, and it will be noticeable. i find that applying it with a mac #130 brush works best, but some other great runner ups are the #191 brush, and for lighter coverage the #188 brush. I JUST WISH IT CAME IN MORE COLORS!!!! THEY ARE SUPER LIMITED.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2011 10:34:00 PM More reviews by babyroxass

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

MIRACLE !!!!!!!! HG !!!!!!!! Where should i start... this is my first time writing a review. I hope this helps others with the same problems i have. Little about myself: korean, 28 yrs old, acne skin, severe hyper-pigmentation, and darker than other koreans. You name it ! (dior, chanel, nars, makeup4ever *all diff types*, bare mineral, cover fx, dermablend *vichy*, dermablend, shiseido... list goes on..... I have used so many foundations... Recently, i had a TCA peel and ever since then my skin became very sensitive and the healing process has slowed down... I've been breaking out a lot lately and i've been so stressed with these brown spots. I got so desperate last week and i started reading reviews about foundation on MUA. I literally went through every single one of them... So i thought i would give this one a try.

OMG !!! I just couldn't believe this product. Everyone has diff type of skin... but as for me this product is HG !!! only problem is... the color choice is very limited. So i have purchased 2 colors.... 07 and 03. People have diff ways of applying makeup... but as for me... i use mayb. concealer first and then use this on top with MAC brush 187. After i apply the foundation i usually take a tissue and dap to get the excess oil out... (even though many products are oil-free i can see the oil coming out) but with this... it's OIL-FREE !!! it doesn't state anywhere in the box that it's oil free but.... i have no problem with oil. And also.... i always have problem with makeup staying on my face... so everytime i wear makeup i have to carry a powder foundation and apply it on my face every 30 min... With this I didn't have to apply powder for 7 hours... AMAZING !!!! It's just crazy what this can do without being cakey and all.... its freaking shocking.... if you are korean or asian and have hyperpig and acne problems... please give it a try. It's not that exp either... i think i paid like <$35... If you have any questions ... ask me !

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2011 4:51:00 AM More reviews by makeupfanatic99

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

WOW! i LOVEEEE this product. deffinitly my favourite foundation! i recomend you apply this product using your finger tips, i find it dries to quickly to be using a foundation brush. this produst is beautiful, it is full coverage but dosnt apply cakey to the face. as long as you use minamum of this product it will not look cakey at all! i recomend applying a little bit of moisturiser in with the foundation, blend that together, using your fingertips and apply to your face in a circluar motion, or what ever works best for you. this product is pricey but i beleive it is totally worth it! hope this helps(:

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2011 9:51:00 AM More reviews by lstevenson99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my first review on MUA but I wanted to share my opinion on the Maximum Coverage Foundation. Overall, I have good skin but there was some hyperpigmentation that I wanted to cover as well as the occasional pimple that needed some coverage. I typically use mineral makeup/powder foundation but found that it was not giving the coverage I wanted, nor was it lasting long enough throughout the day. I read the reviews about this foundation and thought it would be worth a try...I'm so glad that I did! Once you color match (and don't forget to test it outside in natural light, ladies), the foundation literally disappears into your skin. I don't use it all over my face but in the areas that just need a little bit "more" coverage and then I put on my powder foundation (right now, Diorskin Finish). My skin looks AMAZING and the best part is that even after using it for several weeks I have not had any allergic reaction to it. The only advice I can give is that you would probably want to apply it with a foundation brush (and it dries very quickly) and you will need a good cleanser to get it all off when you wash your face. Also, you really don't need a lot...just a pea-sized drop for coverage! Thank you for all the reviews, ladies, and I hope this one helps you out!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2011 10:55:00 AM More reviews by AimeeJAdore

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Incredible coverage, amazing for people who need a pure amount of coverage for acne, hyperpigmentation and extreme redness. I've heard you can also mix moisturizer in it to thin it, but I dont' know how that would change the properties. It's also an incredibly easy tattoo cover, that I've used on clients and the like. Wonderful product, lasts forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2011 11:33:00 AM More reviews by Anna888

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I’ve been using this as a concealer for years but after breaking out in a few spots I decided to try it as a foundation and was pretty impressed! The key to using it is to ensure the skin is well moisturised first as if it’s dry and flaky the foundation will look awful. Whilst it is very thick, I tend to use a tiny bit mixed with my normal foundation (double wear). For me I found it too heavy just on its own but think this would be a fantastic foundation for anyone with real skin issues. Whilst it is expensive it lasts a long time as you don’t need to use much. The staying power of this foundation, whether using straight or mixing it is fab!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2011 10:56:00 AM More reviews by bsaucer10

OMG I love this foundation! I am 38 with adult acne and scaring and this foundation covers everything. It takes very little product to get a beautiful flawless look. I bought 05 creamy tan and it matches my nc30 skin well.The other reviewers are correct when they say you have to ask for this product at the counter. The MA had to go behind the counter for the testers. IDK this would be one of the frontline products if it were my store. Please don't discontinue.HG for me.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2011 11:10:00 AM More reviews by LNC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My HG foundation! Bought this 2weeks ago and it was love at first usage.
    My background: very pale, neutral skin tone, active acne, hyperpigmentation, very oily skin….basically nightmare skin.
    I bought this in Light 01 and it matches my skin tone perfect. When I squeezed some out onto my hand I was worried because it seemed very runny and I didn’t believe it would have much coverage. I need not have worried because although it feels very lightweight its coverage is amazing. One coat covered everything! I have a couple of nasty red spots at the moment so I simply dabbed a bit more over those.
    It really lasts all day with one exception. My chin/noise are extremely oily…so half way through the day I do need to retouch there, but otherwise it last all day.
    I would recommend this to anyone with acne/scarring/birthmarks, having tried EVERY medium/full coverage foundation on the market this is by far the best. It is expensive (35euro for 30mls), but a little goes a LONG way! I imagine mine will last me 6months.
    My only concern when using this is that I have to spend a little longer removing it as it really likes to stay on my skin.
    Overall 5/5…Please don’t ever discontinue Estee Lauder!!!!

*I’ve noticed that not all Estee Lauder counters display this product; some seem to only keep it behind the counter so you may need to ask the makeup sales assistant for it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2011 8:26:00 PM More reviews by Rachael4581

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

The other reviews which suggested mixing this with a tinted moisturizer were very helpful. I cannot use this product without mixing with moisturizer, even with my oily skin, which is why I only give it a 3. It makes a good concealer and that's what I have ended up mainly using it for. It dries extremely quickly, there is not much time to blend.

For $30 I'd expect more, but using as a concealer I expect it to last quite a while, so I would potentially purchase again.