Smashbox Soft Lights - Shimmer

4.6

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Dimethicone, Mineral Oil, Boron Nitride, Nylon-12, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Manganese Violet, Red 7 Lake, Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Carmine

on 7/9/2008 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I'm an NC37 and this is the best highlighter for me ever! Before I always used bronzey highlighters, bc it looks better against tan skin, but since I'm lighter now, I find the bronze highlighters really orangey and shimmery looking. This on the other hand gives you the best glow ever! Doest even look like shimmer., just a beautiful glow. Since this doesnt really have a 'base' color like pale pink or nude, I really think it would look really great on people of any color. I love pairing this on top of stila CC. sets the creme blush while giving me a glow! my application for this is taking a small powder brush-tap once into the powder and brushing from my temple(sides of your face near your eyebrow) to the tops of my cheeks making a c. I Also use this as an e/s highlighter,on my inner tear duct area, and down my nose. This sounds like a lot of shimmer, but I only just a small amount remember less is more with shimmer. Of course theres many different kinds of highlighters like creams, liquids, oils, moisturizers that can give you a glow. If you have dry skin, I recommend using a cream one, If you have oily skin def use a powder one. Personally I dont like liquids,It always looks like I have a lot on at first but then sinks into my skin and disappears.You really can't go wrong with this if your looking for a highlighter!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

It's basically all been said. This is a beautiful highlighter. It's not glittery, it's shimmery, and unless you really over-apply, it gives a healthy glow, and a radiant look, rather than a glitzed up silly disco ball look.
It's somewhat expensive, but you do get a lot of product for your money. I usually apply this either with my bronzer brush (Sephora Professional Platinum Bronzer Brush) or with my blush/powder brush (Shu Uemura 18R). The product is easy to use, and I think just about any decent quality brush sized for powder down to blush would work great.

UPDATE: I've taken this down from a 5 to a 4. I've noticed that on my pale skin, it can have a bit of a murky or bronzer sort of effect. I still think it's a great product, and especially for anyone who's not super-pale, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. (But I save the 5 lipstick ratings for things I truly truly love!)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I've been using this for years. I love this stuff! It give great shimmer. It is not cakey or glittery as well. LOVE! :)

on 3/26/2008 8:55:00 AM

I love this highlighter, its the best!, shimmery but with no chunks of glitter...thats one of the reasons why I love it.
The color es perfect! by the way.

on 3/21/2008 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This product was nothing spectacular. I have combo. skin and this seemed to accentuate my pores. Staying power wasn't that great either. Returned back to store.

on 3/12/2008 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have the "Gold Mine" soft lights. This is great if you need a little radiance without looking fake. Just a little shimmer in it, nothing over the top, so it's perfect.

on 1/27/2008 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

OMG i love this thing sooo much. It's totally my HG! I always found that my foundation looked too matte after my loose powder application. So I was going to buy BeneFit's high beam, but I saw this at ULTA and decided to try it instead. It comes in a circular container with a screw-off cap. They give you ALOT of product. Yes, it is kind of expensive (28 USD) but a little goes a long way. I just feel like it will last me a long time. It isn't glittery per se, it is more shimmer. It makes you look like you are glowing from within. What I'm saying is that you don't see pieces of glitter. The shine is very finely milled so it's subtle and AMAZING. It adds a hint of pink color. I get compliments all the time that I look so healthy! I just love this stuff so much and it's so worth the money. I will continue to repurchase!

I love this! I was going on a trip to Vegas with a Sephora store near my hotel, so I scouted out the website finding things I could buy (I was travelling with a guy, so my time in a makeup store had to be limited). I wrote this down and when I got to the store I went to find it... and I did, but it looked different from the website. More purplely through the packaging, but the sales girl assured me it was a pretty pink. I'm glad I trusted her! It gives me the prettiest glow on my pale skin. I will definitley repurchase, it's worth it. :)

on 1/6/2008 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't normally wear highlighter as I have oily skin that is prone to breakouts. After reading the reviews on here I decided to take a chance on this. First I picked softlights up in prism, which looked horrible on me; I immediately took it back and got shimmer. I love this product. It is expensive, but a little goes a long way and they give you so much it will last forever. It makes you look glowy and healthy, but somehow doesn't highlight any skin problems or exacerbate oiliness. I love it!

on 12/17/2007 11:47:00 PM

The best highlighter/shimmer I've ever bought. I normally don't wear highlighters because they are too glittery, especially during the day. This powder is so subtle and finely milled, I can even use it during the day or lightly brush it all over my face at night for a glowy look. Very expensive, but you only need a tiny amount and you get a good amount of product. HG.

Top Rated Smashbox Products