November 27, 2014 | 1368 users online

Shampoo - Aveda - Color Conserve

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2007 10:40:00 PM More reviews by Kiyone26

I tried this a few years & really didn't care for it. I tried it again & I LOVE it! Since I'm a little paranoid about my color fading. (dark brown hair w/blonde hi-lights.) I really like it. I have fine hair but a lot of it, and this shampoo doesn't weigh my hair down. It leaves it clean and not feeling stripped. Its a little pricey but I'll be willing pay. I love the smell too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2007 3:35:00 PM More reviews by asiawall

this is great for color treated hair. conserves color, but cleans really well too, and it smells amazing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2007 3:46:00 AM More reviews by verte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this shampoo. I've been using it nearly every day for the past month. It makes my very fine, highlighted blonde hair so soft that I could almost skip conditioner. It also makes it very shiny and picks out the highlighted sections really well. It smells nice and isn't stripping. As my hair is short I don't need to use a lot of product but I've found that with Color Conserve (and Aveda haircare in general) I don't need as much product for a single application anyway- it lasts forever. Currently I'm using it in conjunction with the Camomile conditioner and my hair is looking and feeling fantastic. I'd have no problem repurchasing this (but not at retail- I get mine cheap over the net).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2007 10:05:00 PM More reviews by geographer

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my least favorite Aveda shampoo. I personally think that the smell absolutely STINKS when compared to Shampure. It smells like dirty mud to me. In addition, for $14 a bottle, you think you would be getting something pretty decent. I don't think this did much to preserve my highlighted hair and I will just stick to Shampure or Rosemary Mint. What I have found is that if I alternate w/whatever I am using with Herbal Essences Body Lift Shampoo, my highlights really seem brighter and more blonde.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2007 8:16:00 PM More reviews by sunth

I bought this shampoo when I had my fine (lots of it) mid-length hair highlighted and lowlighted at an Aveda salon. I really liked the smell of it and it really seemed to help maintain my hair colour, as well as not weighing my hair down. I would like to buy this again with the conditioner, but I find it too expensive compared to other salon products at this time. EDIT: stopped using shampoo a while b/c I ran out & recently tried it again. I found my hair seemd a bit flat/ weighed down. I'm not sure if it's the silicone in it or not.
*edit* 121307: I wont buy this again b/c of the silicones in it

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2007 6:13:00 PM More reviews by DebL66

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I usually like Aveda products and this one is no exception. It's gentle on my hair and my color, and has that fabulous Aveda smell. Nothing not to like, as far as I'm concerned.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/11/2006 5:17:00 PM More reviews by jencapsim

BIG disappointment. I bought this shampoo when I got my hair colored at an Aveda salon. It literally washed the color right out of my grays the next day. Plus it smells horrible. Overpriced junk.

Aveda products are seriously overrated--plus if you ask about the detergents in them, they'll give you some speech about how all of their ingredients are "plant-derived" and gentle. This is a crock--while SLS and similar ingredients may be derived from coconuts, they are chemically altered to a molecular state similar to sulfuric acid before they get into your shampoos and soaps. It's really wrong of Aveda to promote their products as though they are safer or more gentle--they certainly are not.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2006 8:45:00 AM More reviews by Funkly

I have my hair coloured at an Aveda Salon and was recommended to use this product, together with the conditioner. I can't say anything bad about it nor I can really praise it. Like all Aveda stuff, it smells wonderfully unusual and earthy. The results on the hair are ok, I guess its main task is to be gentle on the colour and it seems to do that adequately. However it doesn't do much in terms of bounce and shine. I tend to use it for a few weeks straight after I have the tint, then switch to other products. Might not repurchase after my supply is finished, am liking the Nioxin Cleanser for treated hair much better.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2006 4:52:00 AM More reviews by lunamoth

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this shampoo on a whim and found it works great. It is a gentle cleanser and my color does indeed seem to last longer. I was a bit skeptical about using a shampoo for color treated hair but it does indeed seem to conserve my black hair color. Furthermore, my scalp doesn't get irritated from this shampoo which is a rarity for me. I am half way through the mega-size bottle and will definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2006 6:29:00 PM More reviews by aebernero23

Seems gentle enough. Definately doesn't strip my hair. I don't know if it made my color last any longer. I have naturally light blonde hair, however, and any color I put on it usually fades pretty quickly. Like the conditioner, I'll keep it around and use it occasionally. Smells great!!!