September 20, 2014 | 1760 users online

Eyeliner - Urban Decay - 24/7 Liquid Liner in Smog

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2007 10:40:00 PM More reviews by kittychambana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I generally prefer neutral eyeshadow colors, like browns, grays, and pinks. If you'd told me a few weeks ago that I would soon not only splurge on, but fall in love with, a green liquid eyeliner, I would have thought you were crazy. Then I read all these rave reviews...Cut to now - I love this stuff! Smog is a golden-green-shimmery-neutrally....you kinda have to look at it. It is actually very similar to the color of my hazel eyes. I am constantly on a quest for eye makeup that makes the most of my eye color, and this is fabulous for that. It is surpisingly wearable, it does not make me look like I am shouting "I AM WEARING COLORED EYE MAKEUP!" It does not exactly match the Smog eyeshadow (the shadow is more brown, this liner more green), however, I do really like the two of them together (I have the eyeshadow in the Ammo pallette, which is another great splurge from Urban Decay). Anyway as others have described, this liquid liner has OUTSTANDING staying power. Personally I like the brush, I find it easy to work with (I have some experience with liquid liner but I'm no expert). Takes me all of five seconds to put on. No problems with the packaging. $14 is a bit of a splurge for me, but I think this is totally worth it for the excellent quality and unique, beautiful color. Hazel-eyed girls, try this one!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2007 11:54:00 PM More reviews by pook555

Update: I've taken off a star (I almost feel like taking away 2 stars) only because the new packaging, while adorable, is awful! The liners dry out within weeks of opening them and sometimes the tops break off. I don't abuse my makeup and keep it in a safe plastic compartment, so there is no reason for this other than the fact that the packaging is awful.

Original review:
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this eyeliner! I love liquid eyeliners (for me they are the easiest to apply and last all day), and UD makes the absolute best quality liquid liners I have every found in my life! If you've ever tried a drugstore brand liner like Maybelline, or Clinique's liquid liners (bleh yuk on both), they are nothing like UD which are the best I've tried. They are fluid, non-gloppy, and the brush is thin and long, but easy to use. That being said, this shade is really lovely! I'm a PPP, and on me it is shows up a dark gold with a hint of army green. It's a nice dark liner so it doesn't look weird like some of the lighter shades do, and since my Ulta didn't have my HG Roach in stock, I got this and it's a really close second in my opinion - looks good with my brown eyes. These liners also last a while too as there's plenty of product in there. A word of advice - don't buy these on Ebay, as I had bought this shade a while back and it arrived almost completely dried up. I'll never purchase these liners from anyone other than Urban Decay or another beauty retailer (like Ulta or Sephora) of a fresh supply. Also: These liners last all day, do not smudge or flake, and are easy to wash off at the end of the day!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2007 12:15:00 PM More reviews by Livvvv

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this color, love this liquid liner brand. I have oily lids and I have no problems with this liner fading or smudging. Lasts all day and is easy to wash off. The brush tip is also easy to manage.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2007 12:02:00 PM More reviews by yoursisterdebra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't have much experience with liquid eyeliners but I find this very easy to apply. As described below, Smog is a murky olive-gold that looks nice against my green hazel eyes. I imagine you could also use this as a base for a green smokey eye although I have yet to try that. Urban Decay liquid liners stay on all day without flaking or smudging and don't irritate my eyes. Great shade, very versatile.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2006 5:25:00 PM More reviews by PaleBrunette

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I love this gorgeous olive gold liner. It brings out the gold and green tones in my grey eyes. My Holy Grail. I reach for it over and over again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2006 9:16:00 AM More reviews by badkitty82

I've never worn liquid eyeliner during my 24 years, but I read the great reviews here and had to try.. Smog is a dark golden-olive color and comes in a slinky, cool tube with a really skinny wand/pencil/brush. It is very easy to use, even for a newbie. I get a great result everytime. The color suits my dark greybluegreen eyes, golden skin and dark brown hair, it makes my eyes appear a bit larger and darker.
I would buy this product again, but I think I would try another color!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2006 10:08:00 PM More reviews by muffinfaerie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this a while ago and never really used it... i started using it again recently and its really growing on me. it draws attention to my boring eyes and make me very dull eyecolor pop. i'm usually too lazy for liquid liners so i'm sure this will last me forever.. a little bit goes a long way. it's staying power isnt perfect on me but for having asian lids that fold in on itself it lasts quite a good while with no smudging/creasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2006 1:43:00 AM More reviews by yvie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

GREAT liquid eyeliner! Excellent colour for my Asian brown eyes. It shows up as a dark smoky green. The stay put power is great and it never smudges on me. The applicator is very easy to control and almost safe proofed. I was very disappointed when UD pulled out of Canada but repurchasing is now easy since it is available again through Sephora. ^^

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2006 9:36:00 PM More reviews by dcast79

I would definitely second all of the opinions about this great liner. Wonderful versatile color that goes on easily and definitely stays put all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2006 1:49:00 AM More reviews by sela0417

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Beautiful color, although I decided to buy Smog since Roach is always out of stock. This is my #2 eyeliner (my HG is Nars in Silkwood). I like the Nars applicator and formula better, but the price and amount of product that UD offers makes it a very close second. The eyeliner really stays put - even through my workouts!