April 20, 2014 | 1000 users online

Styling Products - L'Oreal - Smooth Intense Anti-Frizz Serum

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2007 1:41:00 PM More reviews by cinnamonbear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I loved this serum, but was discontinued a while ago. It made my hair smooth, shiny and frizz free. They should have added this to the new revamped Vive line, but oh well.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/31/2006 11:34:00 AM More reviews by IssyLM

tried this as it has such great reviews here, plus I have liked the poo/condish in this line. But OMG I was soooooooo disappointed in the serum. The only good thing I can say is that I love the smell... it made my hair go dry, and gave me an intcy, greasy scalp. I also ended up with HORRIBLY tangled hair, and that is REALLY unusual for me. Normally it never gets tangles, and I only had a trim a week or so ago. I will not be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2006 1:24:00 PM More reviews by ageleg

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product does not cause unhealthy hair. Of course, when you use any serums or silicone products, you will have to be aware of buildup, but there is almost no product out there that you can use daily without buildup! That's what clarifying shampoos are for. I use a clarifying shampoo every other wash and have never had a problem with serums. This one is fantastic and I have two extra bottles waiting when I finish the one I'm using. It's light and very effective in getting rid of frizzies. People should be clarifying much more often then they do, if you ask me. That's why they claim that product is magically "no longer effective" after awhile! It's because it's building up on the hair and can't do anything anymore. Buy this; it's great!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/16/2006 9:30:00 PM More reviews by lma782

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Don't get sucked into using this!!

Yes, it does a great job eliminating frizzies. But it has the worst type of silicone in it, which means it's impossible to get the stuff out of your hair unless you use a harsh shampoo. Which then makes your hair drier over time.

I thought this was a great product, until I realized it was responsible for build up (I don't use shampoos with SLS) and breakage because it freaking dried my hair out. Now I have to rescue my once- healthy hair. *sob*

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2006 5:55:00 PM More reviews by blondeambitioned

I really wanted to love this product, but this sadly did not work for my hair. Even one pump (rather than 2) weighed down my fine hair so badly that it made it look greasy, dirty and limp. It didn't completely knock out the frizzies, either. Would not repurchase for my hair type.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2006 8:47:00 PM More reviews by DontHateMeCuzImDutiful

Would I buy this product again? Well YES, if I could find it somewhere!
I don't know what's going on, but this stuff is nowhere to be found anymore.
I am SO not happy! =(

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2006 10:21:00 AM More reviews by itsmeashleee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I am so in love with this stuff...I have curly very frizzy hair that I striaghten with my Chi blow dryer...I don't even have to iron it when I use this stuff my hair is so light not weighed down whatsoever. it's $3 at Ulta and it's amazing! Before this I was using products by Tigi,Aveda and Frederic Fekkai...this stuff beats everything

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2006 3:41:00 AM More reviews by RamaG

I have log curly hair that tends to friz a lot. I bought this product based on the reviews on this website, but unfortunately it did absolutely nothing for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2006 9:44:00 AM More reviews by jeren

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this stuff! It makes my hair so shiny and straight, yet doesn't leave it feeling greasy or heavy. Another unexpected plus is that it doesn't seem to make my hair feel dirty the next day -- I can get away without shampooing if I'm in a lazy mood.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2006 11:52:00 AM More reviews by jhadiq

I tried this based on all the rave reviews here as an alternative to Garnier Sleek & Shine Anti-Frizz serum, which has been my staple for 2 years. All I can say is that this product was a HUGE zero for me. I have thick, coarse, wavy hair and I am always looking for anti-frizz products that allow me to blow-dry my hair into a sleek "Mod Squad" do. Unfortunately, this product does nothing to deliver that dream. It seems to be like the Garnier product--same consistency but less "oily" but the results are far inferior. I had a LOT of difficulty blow-drying into my straight style, and my hair ended up with even more poufiness and body than normal! Also, the price is on the high side for a DS hair product (about 7 euro) compared to Garnier. I had to smooth some Garner S&S into my hair about half-way through my blow-drying just to salvage at least some of the styling effort I put in. Needless to say, I won't be buying this again, and will stick to Sleek & Shine while I continue my search for the "perfect" hair smoother.