October 31, 2014 | 816 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Mason Pearson - Pure Bristle Brush

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2006 2:27:00 AM More reviews by sandrabati

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

About 3 yrs ago, I invested in this brush. I thought it would be a good investment since they're supposed to last a decade or so. I have really thick, curly hair and was never totally satisfied with it, because it really couldn't get through my hair to the scalp very easily. It also never detangled too well. Its main benefit is that it was totally and completely gentle (ie didn't break my hair or anything). However, now I am really disappointed because it's starting to fall apart -- bristles are falling out, etc, - so very frustrating and disappointing since it was so expensive.

I even emailed the company about their guarantee. They said it is only 1 yr. This is too expensive for such a bad warranty. They invited me to send my brush back to them in London to see if they could save it, see why the problems are happening, or remedy the problem in some way. This could take several weeks. I guess I'll have to see what happens. As of right now though, I will never buy another one of their products!

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2006 10:05:00 PM More reviews by triangleX

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i bought this in the UK at a specialty shop about two years ago but have never reviewed it. this is without a doubt the best hair brush on the market. hand made, completely high quality, with no tiny rivets or imperfections to snag and break the hair. doesn't hurt to brush my hair when i use this, and the difference between this brush and any other is obvious from the first time you use this. i have the extra large version, which i need since i have such long hair. i used to hate brushing my hair, probably because i used a brush with a combination of boar bristles and nylon. terrible for the hair unless your hair is short and thick. these pure bristle brushes are perfect for long, fine hair. i don't know why either, but this really makes hair super shiny. my hair practically floats around me now. since i bought this i have less breakage too. i take really good care of this brush...i clean it once a week with soap and water (as the instruction manual recommends) and i clean it with the little cleaning brush (included with the large brush) at least once a day. this will last me a long time i hope. worth every penny and then some. highly recommend!!!!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2006 10:22:00 PM More reviews by dewdropsjd

It is an investment and you will never need to buy another brush again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2005 11:50:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

I got the mini, pure boar bristle brush for the purse. This really polishes and brushes my hair beautifully, adds extra softness, pliability and shine, makes my wavy hair look naturally straight, as the bristles care for my hair so beautifully. Why didn't I try this sooner? Cool classic that really works.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2005 8:44:00 AM More reviews by HelenEdmundson

I love my Mason Pearson brush, and although pricey, it's a worthwhile investment for something you will use at least once a day for years. I have fine, shoulder length hair, and this brushes my hair without leaving it static & flyaway. It also leaves it soft & smooth. It comes with its own cleaning tool and it's in great retro packaging. I don't think 30 or so is too bad for a daily use item, especially given that it reduces splitting, massages the scalp, polishes the hair and is well made.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2005 1:17:00 AM More reviews by kav0529

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this brush, and I have never loved a brush in my life. I color my hair (it's been every color on the planet), and, as it's long, fine and straight, it does tend to get a little dry and can frizz a little sometimes. But, all I have to do is brush my hair with this brush and it is INSTANTLY smooth, silky and shiny.

Despite the price (and I am a grad student so money means a lot to me!) I would absolutely buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2005 3:29:00 PM More reviews by SJMarsha

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was hestitant to buy this product because of the price, but when I found a great bargain on ebay (brand new in box), I just could not resist. I have trouble keeping up with hair brushes, and always seemed to buy a new one each month so I was terrified I would lose this one. I shouldn't have worried though, because I guard this baby with my life! If it ever did get lost I would probably pay the regular retail price to replace it though. Not only has it been wonderful for my hair, but my husband love to use it because he says its like a head massage. My daughter is tender headed and will literally cry and try to run if I use anything BUT this brush on her hair. She calls it "the nice brush". I can never go back to other brushes now, they feel like torture on my head. This is definitely my HG brush!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2005 8:35:00 PM More reviews by CelestialBlue

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Received as gift from my DH as I had longed for one in Harrod's last summer. Worth every penny. My shoulder length hair shines, the frizzies have calmed themselves, this is an amazing brush. I have the boar's head bristles for reference. This brush will last a lifetime, don't hesitate because of the price. Now I just need a purse size...

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2005 7:27:00 PM More reviews by Sephoragasm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The best brush there is. That's it - that's all! Nothing else compares...

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2005 1:32:00 AM More reviews by Snorklet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've had my MP handy boar bristle brush for about 2.5 years now and still LOVE it! It gives the best scalp massage, and makes my hair shiny. My stylist recommended adding a few drops of oil to your hair, and brushing it through for a conditioning treatment, I use Aveda Beautifying oil, and this has been incredible for my hair. Upon her recommendation for detangling, I've recently purchased the nylon pocket brush, (couldn't see any difference between that and the detangler) and it's the best for detangling my fine, snarly hair.