Mason Pearson Pure Bristle Brush

4.6

on 12/27/2006 6:22:00 PM

this brush is what polishes off my long, straight, milk chocolate colored hair. when used in conjunction with FF glossing cream, my hair looks and feels like silk. IMO, it's the ultimate hair luxury. i couldn't see myself having to repurchase this brush.

on 6/22/2006 2:27:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

About 3 yrs ago, I invested in this brush. I thought it would be a good investment since they're supposed to last a decade or so. I have really thick, curly hair and was never totally satisfied with it, because it really couldn't get through my hair to the scalp very easily. It also never detangled too well. Its main benefit is that it was totally and completely gentle (ie didn't break my hair or anything). However, now I am really disappointed because it's starting to fall apart -- bristles are falling out, etc, - so very frustrating and disappointing since it was so expensive.

I even emailed the company about their guarantee. They said it is only 1 yr. This is too expensive for such a bad warranty. They invited me to send my brush back to them in London to see if they could save it, see why the problems are happening, or remedy the problem in some way. This could take several weeks. I guess I'll have to see what happens. As of right now though, I will never buy another one of their products!

on 3/15/2006 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i bought this in the UK at a specialty shop about two years ago but have never reviewed it. this is without a doubt the best hair brush on the market. hand made, completely high quality, with no tiny rivets or imperfections to snag and break the hair. doesn't hurt to brush my hair when i use this, and the difference between this brush and any other is obvious from the first time you use this. i have the extra large version, which i need since i have such long hair. i used to hate brushing my hair, probably because i used a brush with a combination of boar bristles and nylon. terrible for the hair unless your hair is short and thick. these pure bristle brushes are perfect for long, fine hair. i don't know why either, but this really makes hair super shiny. my hair practically floats around me now. since i bought this i have less breakage too. i take really good care of this brush...i clean it once a week with soap and water (as the instruction manual recommends) and i clean it with the little cleaning brush (included with the large brush) at least once a day. this will last me a long time i hope. worth every penny and then some. highly recommend!!!!!

on 1/9/2006 10:22:00 PM

It is an investment and you will never need to buy another brush again!

on 11/11/2005 11:50:00 PM

I got the mini, pure boar bristle brush for the purse. This really polishes and brushes my hair beautifully, adds extra softness, pliability and shine, makes my wavy hair look naturally straight, as the bristles care for my hair so beautifully. Why didn't I try this sooner? Cool classic that really works.

I love my Mason Pearson brush, and although pricey, it's a worthwhile investment for something you will use at least once a day for years. I have fine, shoulder length hair, and this brushes my hair without leaving it static & flyaway. It also leaves it soft & smooth. It comes with its own cleaning tool and it's in great retro packaging. I don't think 30 or so is too bad for a daily use item, especially given that it reduces splitting, massages the scalp, polishes the hair and is well made.

on 9/21/2005 1:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this brush, and I have never loved a brush in my life. I color my hair (it's been every color on the planet), and, as it's long, fine and straight, it does tend to get a little dry and can frizz a little sometimes. But, all I have to do is brush my hair with this brush and it is INSTANTLY smooth, silky and shiny.

Despite the price (and I am a grad student so money means a lot to me!) I would absolutely buy this again.

on 7/5/2005 3:29:00 PM

I was hestitant to buy this product because of the price, but when I found a great bargain on ebay (brand new in box), I just could not resist. I have trouble keeping up with hair brushes, and always seemed to buy a new one each month so I was terrified I would lose this one. I shouldn't have worried though, because I guard this baby with my life! If it ever did get lost I would probably pay the regular retail price to replace it though. Not only has it been wonderful for my hair, but my husband love to use it because he says its like a head massage. My daughter is tender headed and will literally cry and try to run if I use anything BUT this brush on her hair. She calls it "the nice brush". I can never go back to other brushes now, they feel like torture on my head. This is definitely my HG brush!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Received as gift from my DH as I had longed for one in Harrod's last summer. Worth every penny. My shoulder length hair shines, the frizzies have calmed themselves, this is an amazing brush. I have the boar's head bristles for reference. This brush will last a lifetime, don't hesitate because of the price. Now I just need a purse size...

on 5/8/2005 7:27:00 PM

The best brush there is. That's it - that's all! Nothing else compares...

Top Rated Mason Pearson Products